ReefCleaners.org

Custom NUVO 20 Fusion: New Stand

xiaoxiy

Love your existing tank, super clean (less is always more!). I love even more than you've treated this tank journal like a blog (I love blogging and have been blogging since way before "Blogger" was even invented!). The food posts rock! You've inspired me to perhaps integrate more of the other things I love doing into my tank thread too!

Keep it up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God damnit. I somehow contracted traveler's diarrhea or some type of GI infection right before my flight back to the U.S.

That 13 hour flight was literally a flying shitshow. 48 hours later, I'm still shitting my guts out and have now developed a headache, fatigue and dizziness from all this fluid loss.

giphy.gif

Redo-ing my apartment- inspired by Brad and his plank wall.

19560869894_505d431bc6_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

That's 108 sq ft worth of plywood planks. It took me 2 days of work to sand it all down & whitewash it with minwax picking stain.

:) Looks good

Yo da bess dude. I saw your plank wall take down last year & was like, I gotta make something like that. Finally got my act together.

That's just beautiful. Wait what! Empty tank and beautiful already.

:wub: Thanksies. Hopefully it stays purtty after I stock it.

How you feeling now bro? taking fluids? Glad your back,i guess ill wait to ask for food pictures when you get better hahah

Hmmmm, my heart is beating faster just from looking at these first pictures of a dry tank. The wall looks great! :wub:

Wait til you see the finished product! I'm making a floating planter that will go to the right of the tank, and also making a kee-klamp cabinet that sits flush to the left of the tank. Also gonna steal Justin's plank sofa idea and make my bed into a sofa/bed that will sit to the left of the cabinet. :D

How you feeling now bro? taking fluids? Glad your back,i guess ill wait to ask for food pictures when you get better hahah

Feeling better! Although not 100% yet.

HarryPotter

Wait til you see the finished product! I'm making a floating planter that will go to the right of the tank, and also making a kee-klamp cabinet that sits flush to the left of the tank. Also gonna steal Justin's plank sofa idea and make my bed into a sofa/bed that will sit to the left of the cabinet. :D

Feeling better! Although not 100% yet.

What the heck. What do you do for a living? Interior design?

What the heck. What do you do for a living? Interior design?

Haha. I'll take that as a compliment. I'm a full-time med student who dabbles in design and aesthetics!

Does anyone know if there are cheaper alternatives to Kee Klamps? $8 for a flange is kind of pricey when a table needs at least 4 of them.

HarryPotter

Haha. I'll take that as a compliment. I'm a full-time med student who dabbles in design and aesthetics!

Dude.... Thats insane. What med school do you go to?

Hey guys,

I've been working on a bed-sofa for the past two days. I've finished sanding & staining the wood. I now have to poly it and assemble the bed.

Out of curiosity as to what it would look like, I made a mock up by sticking my wood pieces between my box spring & mattress. Here's what it looks like.

19676922664_a2d8797f48_z.jpgimage by Xiaoxi Yang, on Flickr

Nice I made a bed frame out of the conduit pipe and wood, thing was built like a tank. I believe I used 6 flanges/legs. One on each corner and 2 in the middle. I would put at least one in the middle.

I have all this extra piping, 90* elbows, and flanges that I am going to do a wood/conduit shelving unit on the huge wall in my living room. I wanted to do another wood wall, but the wall is so damn big lol

Idk what your outlet situation is, but it would be cool if you put a small powered usb hub built into the bed platform. Be able to charge your devices

Nice I made a bed frame out of the conduit pipe and wood, thing was built like a tank. I believe I used 6 flanges/legs. One on each corner and 2 in the middle. I would put at least one in the middle.

I have all this extra piping, 90* elbows, and flanges that I am going to do a wood/conduit shelving unit on the huge wall in my living room. I wanted to do another wood wall, but the wall is so damn big lol

Idk what your outlet situation is, but it would be cool if you put a small powered usb hub built into the bed platform. Be able to charge your devices

Great idea dude! Flanges are stupidly expensive fml. I think I'm gonna put a single one in the center.

I think I will end up overbuilding the bedframe. It's a full size bed, and for the long-way support, I'm using 2x4's laid so that the 4 inch side is vertical.

Archived