Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nanofreak's Z'z & P'z Paradise....

Nanofreak79

you ever heard of missing rock/coral disease? its when a rock with coral just vanishes but no person really knows why or how?

this tends to happen when im around.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
You drip acclimate your corals?

Mostly just a quick drip, about five minutes. Normally zoas and paly's I don't, but I mix my revive in there and drip acclimate. Funny, fish get like a float and release.

I acclimate everything. Usually quickly, but everything get bought up to my salinity except snails. Since I started collecting nicer pieces I began dipping in coral rx which I never did.

Post up pictures of the goods!

Nanofreak79

I will just waiting for a few more to open up all the way. If they still look pissy later I'll post pics anyway.

LoL I always acclimate my fish but never any coral.

I acclimate without dipping usually. Expensive or high risk pieces are all that gets a dip outta me.

Nanofreak79
I acclimate everything. Usually quickly, but everything get bought up to my salinity except snails. Since I started collecting nicer pieces I began dipping in coral rx which I never did.

Post up pictures of the goods!

I've always dipped. I use revive, although I might try coral rx. There's another new one out that kills more than both of those....can't remember what it is right now???

I acclimate without dipping usually. Expensive or high risk pieces are all that gets a dip outta me.
my problem with that is pests don't stay put. If anything of high value is in my tank, any newcomers get dipped. Zoanthid eating nudis have been known to get picked up on let's say an acro frag plug while it was moving from colony to colony for example.
Nanofreak79

Just a simple 5 gallon QT is even better than dipping, if that's what your going to skip. I've had nudis, and there a pain in the arsehole. Right now my QT is down until I get my tank up, which will have just a 2 gallon under the stand for newly acquired frags.

I find its steep for any morph.

Shoot I can start pulling random unnamed morphs out and give them a cool nsme and suddenly tripple their price. Tis why im not overtly fond of naming designer morphs.

Nanofreak79

I guess I like certain polyps more than others. I'd rather have a JF bloodshot. I'd say a lot of my zoas and paly's are cheaper than most, although I do indulge every now and again.

Nanofreak79

My buddy said those grow better than regular Rastas. I've had two polyps of Rastas for almost a year now.....just now popping a baby.

Its just the times. They will swap back to acans later. My zoasplosion will be considered your fault though. You fault and ultra rastas. Truth be told I was going to do a zoa garden 2.5 gallon tank once but never got around to it then the sexy tank im working on noe took its place.

Archived