Pod Your Reef

Merth's 3g Grass-covered hills

Merthynia

28071279034_efb6bce489_k.jpg

Here is a picture of Styx. She has been my shadow all afternoon. :wub:

I love Styx I rock out to that Renegade song on the regular. :lol: When I am in the mood for a piano melody that breaks out into 70"s guitar greatness that is my go to band.

Nice feet. You share this pic with Kimber?

• Like 6

28072421023_7e50200b41_k.jpg

You can see all three fish in this shot. Plus some cyano, I've never had black cyano before. Just siphoning it out at the moment and waterchanges. If you look closely, I also have several heads of my favorite zoa that came back from the great beyond! :D

28071279034_efb6bce489_k.jpg

Here is a picture of Styx. She has been my shadow all afternoon. :wub:

This week I'm hoping to restock on snails, an emerald crab, and possibly a coral or two if I find something I like. Gotta take advantage of being near a LFS. :happy:

I see toes. Kitty and toes. best things in teh world...

• Like 2

I love Styx I rock out to that Renegade song on the regular. :lol: When I am in the mood for a piano melody that breaks out into 70"s guitar greatness that is my go to band.

Nice feet. You share this pic with Kimber?

I didn't! Haha, I'm sure she will stumble across it eventually though. Styx is my little river of death :)

I see toes. Kitty and toes. best things in teh world...

:D I dunno about toes, but kitties are certainly the best!

I'm exhausted! I just got back from camp where I slept outside (no tent), ate scant food, and did a bunch of manual labor. I did not sleep and it was blisteringly hot all day. The kitties must've been mad that I only spent two nights here all week, they dumped my entire thing of makeup onto the bathroom floor. <_<

Hi Merth

How's your recover from camp going? :P And how's the cyano?

It was a rough weekend at camp! I was sore for sure. The cyano is neither better nor worse. I had turned up the pump when you had suggested that, but it's still present in the tank. It may be going through a few adjustments still from being moved? It's not even been a month yet. :wacko:

In super exciting news.... I bought a truck!

28859630622_82852c61aa_k.jpg

:wub:

I also have some awesome frags coming from Glenn, can't wait to see them!

• Like 8

Nice truck, congratulations! I'm sure the cyano will go away when the tank restabilizes after the move. Any chance it's getting more natural sunlight in the new location?

• Like 1

Nice truck, congratulations! I'm sure the cyano will go away when the tank restabilizes after the move. Any chance it's getting more natural sunlight in the new location?

Thanks! First ever car loan :( I'm hoping it will. It is actually getting a lot less than it did when I was in Illinois, could that be a problem? I'm not sure where I could move it to get more.

Few pictures after the giant waterchange last night.

29057648375_e8479b4036_k.jpg

29057647485_6114c11d5d_k.jpg

You can see a little bit of the cyano on the sand.

29057647085_c66c2831f6_k.jpg

Need to glue down these frags sometime.

28771103460_29cba81cb8_k.jpg

I think it is probably time to move Umi to the IM10 with Zest. He is still very small. This picture was when I got him, but I think he is loving on some of the zoas TOO much and would probably be happier back with the duncans that he loved.

That will leave some room in this tank for a tiny fish or invert, suggestions?

• Like 6

Nothing like a classic Picotope pico. :wub:

:wub: That means a lot coming from you! I've read through your picotope thread probably a half-dozen times El Fab!

Congrats on the new truck!

Nice zoas you got going in there!

Thanks Jack! :happy: My truck is awesome. The zoas do seem to be recovering nicely, I can see where new heads are already! :D

• Like 2

Few pictures after the giant waterchange last night.

29057648375_e8479b4036_k.jpg

29057647485_6114c11d5d_k.jpg

You can see a little bit of the cyano on the sand.

29057647085_c66c2831f6_k.jpg

Need to glue down these frags sometime.

28771103460_29cba81cb8_k.jpg

I think it is probably time to move Umi to the IM10 with Zest. He is still very small. This picture was when I got him, but I think he is loving on some of the zoas TOO much and would probably be happier back with the duncans that he loved.

That will leave some room in this tank for a tiny fish or invert, suggestions?

That picture is too cute! I bet he'll be happy with more space :) I know what you mean too about them loving corals a little too much - I've got that going on with my baby clowns and some duncans :/

• Like 1

That picture is too cute! I bet he'll be happy with more space :) I know what you mean too about them loving corals a little too much - I've got that going on with my baby clowns and some duncans :/

He is cruising around quite a bit, although he seems lost without all the zoas to snuggle in. I'm sure he will find the duncan he used to host soon. :) I'll have to check out your tank! I love baby clownfish!

Congrats on the truck :).

Can't go wrong with 2 green banded gobies and a pom pom crab!

Thanks Gena! I need to get that highend cat toy person's name from etsy again if you remember it? I had to throw away everything that the cats had before we moved here so they are starting out with brand new stuff. :lol: There are 2 GBGs in this tank already. Do you think they would mind having trimma neighbors? I do love pompoms, do you think he'd get along with the coral banded that is in the tank?

• Like 2

He is cruising around quite a bit, although he seems lost without all the zoas to snuggle in. I'm sure he will find the duncan he used to host soon. :) I'll have to check out your tank! I love baby clownfish!

Thanks Gena! I need to get that highend cat toy person's name from etsy again if you remember it? I had to throw away everything that the cats had before we moved here so they are starting out with brand new stuff. :lol: There are 2 GBGs in this tank already. Do you think they would mind having trimma neighbors? I do love pompoms, do you think he'd get along with the coral banded that is in the tank?

Hahaha, great that he's happy and yeah, he'll find something soon enough :)

The tank I'm talking about doesn't have a build thread yet, but I will be starting one in the next couple weeks. It's kind of just pieced together now because it's going in my classroom tomorrow!!

• Like 1

The tank I'm talking about doesn't have a build thread yet, but I will be starting one in the next couple weeks. It's kind of just pieced together now because it's going in my classroom tomorrow!!

Awesome! Looking forwards to seeing a thread on it. What grade/s do you teach?

Congrats on the truck :).

Can't go wrong with 2 green banded gobies and a pom pom crab!

I agree with Gena! I jhust picked up 2 green bandeds from a local reefer who was taking down some tanks. They a neat little fish. They are almost lost in my IM10 so they would be great in your pico.

And glad to see you found your F150 ;)

• Like 1

I agree with Gena! I jhust picked up 2 green bandeds from a local reefer who was taking down some tanks. They a neat little fish. They are almost lost in my IM10 so they would be great in your pico.

And glad to see you found your F150 ;)

Haha, I'm glad I found a truck! It's not much fun to shop for vehicles! This one is LOUD, the guy took amazing care of it and had dual exhaust put on! :haha:

I'm hoping to get pictures of them, but there are actually two green-banded gobies in here already! :lol:

• Like 1

It's going to be my 4th year with 5th graders, so they're able to help/do water changes as well as make educated decisions about what goes into the tank, it's a lot of fun!

• Like 1

Haha, I'm glad I found a truck! It's not much fun to shop for vehicles! This one is LOUD, the guy took amazing care of it and had dual exhaust put on! :haha:

I'm hoping to get pictures of them, but there are actually two green-banded gobies in here already! :lol:

Well get 2 more and maybe you will see them :lol:

Mine is not to bad as all I did was a magnaflow muffler and that was it. Nice deep tone and that's it.

• Like 1

It's going to be my 4th year with 5th graders, so they're able to help/do water changes as well as make educated decisions about what goes into the tank, it's a lot of fun!

That sounds like a great class project! :)

Well get 2 more and maybe you will see them :lol:

Mine is not to bad as all I did was a magnaflow muffler and that was it. Nice deep tone and that's it.

Oh I see them, they just don't stick around for my camera! :lol: Great little fish though, I love them.

• Like 2