ReefCleaners.org

Lani's 20L

Lalani

Umm, nope. Are you looking at the toadstool or the clove polyps?

I think he means the coral on the frag rack on the right side. Looks like a giant hairy mushroom to me :).

So you can see...... its ugly. *shame face*

IMG_8844_zps5tnwh7ij.jpg

I would say it is NOT UGLY!!!!! Hey when you have more frags of your awesome toad, I would like to buy another. I lost mine in the tank transfer and miss it.

• Like 2

I think he means the coral on the frag rack on the right side. Looks like a giant hairy mushroom to me :).

Oh, on the rack is an astreopora coral.

I would say it is NOT UGLY!!!!! Hey when you have more frags of your awesome toad, I would like to buy another. I lost mine in the tank transfer and miss it.

Aww, thanks! Sorry you lost the toad, I'll definitely let you know when I frag it :)

• Like 4

Aww, thanks! Sorry you lost the toad, I'll definitely let you know when I frag it :)

Thanks Lalani! Yeah, it was doing so well but my nutrients kept fluctuating over the first couple months and it did not like that! Either that or the clowns beat it to death :blush: That was their favorite toad!

• Like 1

I've never even heard of an astreopora! Looks cool!!!!

I've never even heard of an astreopora! Looks cool!!!!

They have little crabs living in them too!

So today the male clownfish decided to jump ship (tank) and I didn't notice until too late when the roommate's cat was pushing it around the floor.

RIP Eugene :tears:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Heyyy, not too much to update. While its still not pretty, its getting better. This week I added the first real CUC this tank has seen in a few years... 2 ceriths, 2 astreas, 2 red-tip hermits, and a nassarius..

27785857792_9a43040cba_o.jpg

IMG_9629__1__2 by Kimberly Clark, on Flickr

27810248281_7e6af0f169_o.jpg

IMG_9633__1__2 by Kimberly Clark, on Flickr

27810248211_b6e1533b6d_o.jpg

IMG_9635__1__2 by Kimberly Clark, on Flickr

27785857592_e65ef0d252_o.jpg

IMG_9639__1__2 by Kimberly Clark, on Flickr

27810248141_9b43cdd53f_o.jpg

IMG_9638__1__2 by Kimberly Clark, on Flickr

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Its looking even worse now. When I moved to a new house, the temp in the tank shot up over 85 degrees and I had a lot of trouble bringing the temp down. As a result I lost most of the SPS. Also those stupid red and blue mushrooms have been multiplying and stinging the rics so they've been disappearing. Also lost the geometric during the move. :(

Anywho, the tank is now in my bedroom and I see it every day so I've been doing a lot more work on it. Seeing all the cool stuff and pretty corals at MACNA this past week has also pushed me back into this. Hopefully I'll get it back to its former glory!

IMG_6806_zpsi5j0zg0l.jpg

• Like 6

Its looking even worse now. When I moved to a new house, the temp in the tank shot up over 85 degrees and I had a lot of trouble bringing the temp down. As a result I lost most of the SPS. Also those stupid red and blue mushrooms have been multiplying and stinging the rics so they've been disappearing. Also lost the geometric during the move. :(

Anywho, the tank is now in my bedroom and I see it every day so I've been doing a lot more work on it. Seeing all the cool stuff and pretty corals at MACNA this past week has also pushed me back into this. Hopefully I'll get it back to its former glory!

IMG_6806_zpsi5j0zg0l.jpg

Arrgh, sorry to hear about the SPS and geometric pygmy hawk losses :(

I think it makes a huge difference to have a tank where I see it all the time. It's so much harder to ignore it when it's sitting there staring me in the face every day. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things go :)

• 4 weeks later...

Love that St. Thomas Mushie. I've been hesitant to get one every since one ate one of my fish. Swimming around and eating in the AM and then dinner for the mushroom in the PM.

How's the algae situation going? Make any headway?

The algae is a whole lot better, I've got a new CUC and have been doing large weekly WCs. Also got lucky with a green mithrax crab that is eating not just the bubble and hair algae, but also the evil fluffy pink algae, so he's a good crabby! Going to update the FTS soon.

• Like 6

Awesome crab! I didn't know anything ate the pink fluffy!

Totally surprised me too, but I was watching him pull big tuffs of it off the rock and munch on it. :)

I think turbo snails eat it too, but I can't remember exactly.

I hate that pink stuff!!! That's awesome that you found something to eat it. I tried several things and never found anything that would touch it!

Your new St. Thomas mushroom is sweet :wub:.

• Like 1