SaltCritters.com

Akaeding's Nuvo 24 build (All for sale)

akaeding

Also her is some inside shots of my stand I haven't built my awc tanks yet but those will fit next to my ATO tang and the drawer organizer.

Upper door with apex display

post-82354-0-94381600-1392830260_thumb.jpg

Apex wiring mess- soon to be more wires ?

post-82354-0-45786700-1392830275_thumb.jpg

ATO tank

post-82354-0-85673300-1392830290_thumb.jpg

Drawer organizer- has all pre cut filter floss misc cleaning tools and other garbage

post-82354-0-99620700-1392830312_thumb.jpg

Then my entire stand. The upper door is a shelf that holds all the apex equipment and my test kits along with food and Julian's thing

post-82354-0-64255200-1392830365_thumb.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, I couldn't find all that space even after organizing my cabling and the custom panel.. I'm planning to use Zeovit system, so I need more space for doser units too.. My cabinet is similar but shorter I guess.

I still need to get tap plastics for my ATO container..

Very nice..

Nice, I couldn't find all that space even after organizing my cabling and the custom panel.. I'm planning to use Zeovit system, so I need more space for doser units too.. My cabinet is similar but shorter I guess.

I still need to get tap plastics for my ATO container..

Very nice..

Thanks throbbin i will be doing dosing also at some point and plan to have about a 1.5 gal tank for a two part dose. but when that time comes i may have to move my organizer or i can build custom tanks and they will fit on my top level ill just have to move the food and test kits.

Quick update I got the Duncan and zoa glued in place we also added a fire shrimp. I have slowly started to gather my parts for the awc it if going to take awhile though. Things add up fast lol.

post-82354-0-30876000-1393176312_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-11559700-1393176321_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-67869900-1393176334_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-36735600-1393176360_thumb.jpg

Quick update I got the Duncan and zoa glued in place we also added a fire shrimp. I have slowly started to gather my parts for the awc it if going to take awhile though. Things add up fast lol.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Lol, I hear yah. How exactlyl are you planning to run your AWC through your controller? I haven't been able to figure out the best way? Love the tank!

Lol, I hear yah. How exactlyl are you planning to run your AWC through your controller? I haven't been able to figure out the best way? Love the tank!

with the apex its just programing each out let to go on and off when you want and then using the switches for the ato to shut stuff off. its not to hard with an apex. the controller is amazing and very user friendly.

We want a fire shrimp as well. They are so cool looking!

they are beautiful but i will say the skunk is much more fun to watch the fire shrimp just hangs under a rock unless you feed or its night time. the skunk is out and about all day its entertaining.

its funny my fire and skunk hang wout int the same area now lol its weird all that room and the share the same rock.

I think every LFS puts the fire shrimp in tanks with no where to hid and people buy them because they are so good looking. Then they take them home, throw them in their tanks and never see them again.

Polarcollision

How is the back cover you made holding up for you? Mine is curling a bit under the lights. Thinking about having Tapp plastics add a thicker acrylic support.

I haven't got around to triming it so I haven't been using it. Mine was curling a little bit but I'm also thinking of adding a few supports and changing how I have it mounted

Could you get the kinks figured out before sending me mine please. LOL ;)

It will be perfected before you get yours but ill need a template to finish it still :)

Ordered the eb8 and the rest of the parts needed to finish up my awc. Also ordered some Red Sea coal pro salt mix. I have been using the sea water form my LFS those days are now over ?. I have also added a yellow dendro coral, a orange sun coral and a white tubastrea.

Yellow dendro

post-82354-0-45914000-1394038587_thumb.jpg

Sun coral

post-82354-0-13402200-1394038641_thumb.jpg

FTS 3/3/14

post-82354-0-10410200-1394038688_thumb.jpg

Sneak peak of the bottom of one of my awc tanks

post-82354-0-74970400-1394038731_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i know its been awhile ive been very very busy getting the tank stoked and set up the way i want. so here we go!

first is the equipment updates:

I have finished my AWC with custom acrylic tanks under my stand for the ATO, New salt water and old salt water. i now have two EB8 on the apex and am getting ready to set up a fuge this week. I bought the jbj nano glow light from gsgentry. I have also updated to the neptune ph probe as i was using the pinpoint probe i had and it wasnt reading very stable and since switching to the neptune its been rock solid.

next is the stocking updates:

and yes i am expecting to get hammered on some of this stuff but hey who is going to tell the wife no lol sure as heck not me lol.

sunny D zoa

unknown zoa

frogspawn

yellow dendro

orange tubastrea

white tubastrea

two different types of sps ( not sure names lol)

we also added a six line wrasse.

and here comes the big one. we added a maxima clam that has been doing great since it was added a week ago. it has attached to the rock and is very responsive to shadows over it.

now heres all the pics on the tanks for the awc and some of the livestock.

ATO/AWC tanks and organizer in bottom next to find room for some dosing tanks

post-82354-0-60476800-1395030244_thumb.jpeg

Top of stand where apex display is with the two EB8 and all control boxes behind it.

post-82354-0-56146100-1395030343_thumb.jpeg

AWC tubes going into and out of tank

post-82354-0-07129400-1395030448_thumb.jpeg

Zoa Island (The beginning)

post-82354-0-96940800-1395030488_thumb.jpeg

Six line

post-82354-0-45704200-1395030696_thumb.jpeg

Frogspawn

post-82354-0-58404100-1395030969_thumb.jpeg

last but not least! Maxima clam

post-82354-0-81982400-1395031204_thumb.jpeg

Clam is doing great! He is latched on and has great mantel extension and is very responsive. Seems like he fits in well. Nothing has bothered him.

On another note I moved the dendro and frogspawn from the frag disk to the rock and the dendro wasn't to happy at first he seems like it's getting better so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days

Oh also I set up my fuge on Thursday thanks to the light and Chaeto I bought from gsgentry. It's working alright so far helping keep the ph a little more stable just waiting to see how the absorption of nutrients is go

Steensj2004

Clam is doing great! He is latched on and has great mantel extension and is very responsive. Seems like he fits in well. Nothing has bothered him.

On another note I moved the dendro and frogspawn from the frag disk to the rock and the dendro wasn't to happy at first he seems like it's getting better so I'll keep an eye on it over the next few days

Oh also I set up my fuge on Thursday thanks to the light and Chaeto I bought from gsgentry. It's working alright so far helping keep the ph a little more stable just waiting to see how the absorption of nutrients is go

I love my fuge and JBJ Nano-Glo Light, not sure if I am getting the desired effects yet. However, I have so many pods my glass is hazy,lol. I figure my mandarin will be fat and happy if all it does is help breed pods. Little guy has been going to town for 4 days now and cannot make a dent in the pods(although he gets Nurta Ova daily too.....). Love your clam! been eying one myself but unsure where to throw one. The more I consider things the more I figure I am goign to order a 30L Fusion.... :rolleyes: Would need a different light but could have dave build me one like you and Gsgentry have for your 24. Other than that I already have the need equipment.

Archived