Pod Your Reef

Akaeding's Nuvo 24 build (All for sale)

akaeding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am selling off my 70G cube with stand all equipment. I like the Innovative Marine 24 it is one nice setup.

It's a great set up you will love it if you get one

Well I finally got my apex set up and all networked properly. I just have to set my ATO up and my email and text alerts. But all around the apex it up and running. Thanks again gsgentry for helping me out with the programming.

It's amazing how much it can do and how informative the apex can be. I can't wait to finish setting up my ATO and to get the awc set up also.

On another note I ordered my cuc from john at reef cleaners today and this weekend plan on looking around locally for some shrimp and if the tank is ready maybe our first fish!

What do you guys reccomnend for ATO on a Nano24

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 or

Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off

The second one is $100 cheaper.

I can't say from experience because I had a DIY ATO with my apex. But I was looking at the 3152 before I did the DIY. I read a lot of good things about it.

If it were me, I would go with the Smart ATO.

If it were me, I would go with the Smart ATO.

I was thinking the same route, but ended up going with the 3152 and i honestly couldn't be happier. Kicks on and right off, pretty quiet for the most part and the kit it came with to run the tubing was pretty good, for $100 I am super happy

Well I just starting setting up my ATO with the toms aqua lifter. Has anyone ever had problems with it pumping hard enough? I am using the inline filter form marine depot and the pump is on the shelve in my stand I would say about 24 in from the top of the tank.

It pumps very slow and is olby producing a slow drip? What could it be? Or is that normal

Hooked up 3152 to my IM16 and it works perfectly. Always loved it.

Don't have experience with that ato. Probably insufficient pump for water line distance of travel. You can test it with shorter line.

Well I just starting setting up my ATO with the toms aqua lifter. Has anyone ever had problems with it pumping hard enough? I am using the inline filter form marine depot and the pump is on the shelve in my stand I would say about 24 in from the top of the tank.

It pumps very slow and is olby producing a slow drip? What could it be? Or is that normal

That is normal. :) It's a dosing pump in reality and only pumps 3.5 gallons an hour, so very low flow.

Thanks guys I will be going with the 3152

That ATO tank is cool

thanks nuvo24 I had never worked with acrylic before it was pretty simple and only 50 bucks. Now I'm going to make two more for my awc.

Today the tank got it's first additions. A skunk shrimp and then we got two clowns. One is a tank breed percular clown with a split strip on the side and the other is a tank breed black Darwin clown. Both are only about an inch long.

post-82354-0-16385100-1391998411_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-18836200-1391998426_thumb.jpg

Nice, I'm heading to tap plastics tomorrow to get my ATO tank started :) Do they sell the acrylic hinges too ?

yea they had everything even the little acrylic handle

Quick update: the shrimp and clows are loving the tank.

The shrimp has already made a home hanging under the arch on the right side.

The clowns are very active and eatting well.

Last night we added three scarlet hermits, a fighting conch and a Duncan coral.

I'll post pics tonight when I get home

You go! Did you put fish in a QT or dip the corals? We didn't QT our gramma and wish we had as she came down with ich a couple weeks after we added her. Gramma is doing great now but we still have to wait a couple more weeks before we can add her back. QT has worked well but been a pain doing all the water changes and extra tests. We will be putting all new fish in QT from now on.

Honestly I just did the flit of the bag and then put them in lol I didn't set up a qt tank or dip what I have ill dip from now on. I just haven't got my dip yet. I ordered revive from marine depot it's on the way

I will be doing a drip then dip from now on

Hey, looking to build similar acrylic reservoirs for my ATO and AWC system. Where did you get that acrylic for 50.00? Please share the thickness and where you got it from, thanks!

its 1/4 in and i got it from tap plastics here in san jose they cut it all to size for me too. the acrylic and the small hinge were 48 bucks then you gotta buy the thin cement to join it all together

its 1/4 in and i got it from tap plastics here in san jose they cut it all to size for me too. the acrylic and the small hinge were 48 bucks then you gotta buy the thin cement to join it all together

What were the mesurements for your ATO container? I am looking for something around 6W x 10L x 19 high, limited space left to right inside the stand but I have all kinds of height. Wondering if 3/8 would be thick enough. If my calculations are close, should give me about 5 gallons each container... looks like we are both," barking up the same tree" with out ATO/AWC ideas. Any idea what you plan to use to automate your AWC? I was considering a nice dosing pump like a LitreMeter, donno if I can do it through my controller or not?Thanks!

What were the mesurements for your ATO container? I am looking for something around 6W x 10L x 19 high, limited space left to right inside the stand but I have all kinds of height. Wondering if 3/8 would be thick enough. If my calculations are close, should give me about 5 gallons each container... looks like we are both," barking up the same tree" with out ATO/AWC ideas. Any idea what you plan to use to automate your AWC? I was considering a nice dosing pump like a LitreMeter, donno if I can do it through my controller or not?Thanks!

Mine is 16 tall 6.5 wide and 12 deep and it's 1/4 in. I'm using either in line or submersible pumps around 80-180 gph not sure yet everything will be controlled through my apex.

Ok here are some pics of the corals I moved a few around to see what looks better and if they like there new locations.

Duncan- I have since moved him down lower.

post-82354-0-83510700-1392829841_thumb.jpg

Acan- I hope this guy grows fast and covers the rock.

post-82354-0-30412300-1392829925_thumb.jpg

And a FTS 9/18/2014

post-82354-0-33622400-1392829747_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the poor quality pictures. I need to invest in a camera so I can stop using my phone. But then that's less money for corals!!?

Archived