ReefCleaners.org

Akaeding's Nuvo 24 build (All for sale)

akaeding

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how much noise does everyones tunze 9002 make? also nuvo 24 owners how high do you run your water level in the back chambers?

i think mine is a little high its about 2.25 from the top and my skimmer rattles some i think but it might just be the return pump

If you skip to the 48 second mark you will see the back of an IM 16 tank with the light barrier removed. The water in the middle chamber is about an inch below the top of the middle chamber barriers. According to Steve at Innovative Marine that is about where you want it for the top end. For the lower end you want your ATO to start toping off just before the water level gets low enough for bubbles to come through your spin streams. If you have bubbles on the low end, move your ATO sensor up a bit.

If you skip to the 48 second mark you will see the back of an IM 16 tank with the light barrier removed. The water in the middle chamber is about an inch below the top of the middle chamber barriers. According to Steve at Innovative Marine that is about where you want it for the top end. For the lower end you want your ATO to start toping off just before the water level gets low enough for bubbles to come through your spin streams. If you have bubbles on the low end, move your ATO sensor up a bit.

Good to know thanks. Mine was way to high!!!

Also ammonia is up to .5 today! Let's see the nitrite start building now!

its offical i ordered the neptune apex lite, breakout box for a diy ato and the aqua lifter pump along with a kent scraper.

i also ordered the netgear router to hook it up to my network and the magnetic probe holder.

i guess you can say it was a good day :)

now its time to camp by the mail box until the mailman comes this week.

Got a wild idea today and just got material to build a rear chamber cover tonight to help slow evaporation down and to give the tank a cleaner look. I'll post pick and materials used once I'm complete

I went out and picked up a Apex Lite after reading this thread as well...damn you guys!

Can somebody give me a parts list and reference for the DIY ATO ?

Ok well I got most the work done in the camber covers. I just have to cut the slots for the cords and stuff.

I got everything for about 15 bucks at tap plastics.

22 3/4 x 2 13/16 black acrylic

7 1/4 x 2 13/16 black acrylic

7- small square clear acrylic about 3/8x3/8

Seal adhesive

Rear chambers before

post-82354-0-94225500-1390730604_thumb.jpg post-82354-0-82788800-1390730677_thumb.jpg

After adding the blocks

post-82354-0-06450100-1390730654_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-75257300-1390730829_thumb.jpg

With covers in place before trimming for the cords

post-82354-0-75257300-1390730829_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-57596300-1390730891_thumb.jpgpost-82354-0-72844900-1390730916_thumb.jpg

I can forward you the info from gsgentry tomorrow.

I went out and picked up a Apex Lite after reading this thread as well...damn you guys!Can somebody give me a parts list and reference for the DIY ATO ?

I need everyone's help!

I'm thinking of getting a new power head for my dt. I have the hydor nano 425 and I want more flow I think. But I don't want to fork out 200+ for the mp10. I was thinking of a hydor 600 maybe or trying something else. I do have another nano 425 I could put on the other wall then use the apex to create a wave like movement.

What does everyone think?

Open to any suggestions and input.

Thanks everybody

post-82354-0-71431400-1391044919_thumb.jpg

Look what showed up on my doorstep!! The elfs at marine depot did a great just placing all the peanuts so it arrived safe and sound.

I like the magnetic probe holder!!! And congrats on the Apex!!! You are going to love it!!!!! Now if only you knew someone that could help you with it... Hmmm

I need everyone's help!

I'm thinking of getting a new power head for my dt. I have the hydor nano 425 and I want more flow I think. But I don't want to fork out 200+ for the mp10. I was thinking of a hydor 600 maybe or trying something else. I do have another nano 425 I could put on the other wall then use the apex to create a wave like movement.

What does everyone think?

Open to any suggestions and input.

Thanks everybody

Have a look at the Jebao power heads. They are drastically cheaper than mp10's, they are drastically quieter than mp10's and they just announced a new dual controller for them yesterday. They ship from the USA and they're very well rated online.

Have a look at the Jebao power heads. They are drastically cheaper than mp10's, they are drastically quieter than mp10's .

I'll take a look into then. What size would you go with? Also did you get the pm about the ATO

Not to cut into your thread, but I had a buddy just order one off of Ebay for like $40, there is a guy in the US who gets them in stock but they go super fast. I would only order the WP10's. I think anything larger will be too much, but that's just my opinion where I have been told the WP25's would destroy my 34g solana.

I'll take a look into then. What size would you go with? Also did you get the pm about the ATO

They sell them on a website, if you google you'll find it (not sure if they are a sponsor here and don't want to post if they aren't). I would say the smallest ones.

I did get the pm, but weirdest thing, only the first link worked, the rest link back to nano-reef....

I haven't got it all set up yet I have it hooked to my network when it's hard wired but the wnce2001 I had got to set it up wireless had corrupt firmware so there sending me another.

I have the basics programmed on the apex like pumps and heater me stuff but still waiting on my float switches to get everything hooked up

Archived