ReefCleaners.org

Anyone get their hands on a wp-10 yet?

dtitus1

Rollermonkey

lol

Never seen the video, but when I worked at Six Flags, during Halloween, we'd board up the building the teacups were in, set up strobes and smoke machines and blast that song (or one of a couple others) while people were riding in the dark. One of the most popular rides in the park during Fright Fest.

So, Yeah, I've heard it a LOT.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got mine. It was sitting by my front door when I got home. First things first, a quick pic. Well second thing I suppose. After a long day of travel a nice bourbon was first thing.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140108_221537_zps2a97bfe7.jpg.html'>20140108_221537_zps2a97bfe7.jpg

Please ignore my hideous back splash. The kitchen is the last item on our home remodel. It's been a busy two years.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140108_220627_zpseeeece0b.jpg.html'>20140108_220627_zpseeeece0b.jpg

I stuck it in my empty tank just to see it in action and recorded a simple video. I'll share once it uploads to photobucket. First thoughts are that it seems very well made. Smaller than I expected I think, magnets are nice, control box doesn't feel super solid, but connectors are all well done. The 3 pin cord from the box to the powerhead has a screw in cover to keep it connected.

I have zero frame of reference considering I have not owned a wave maker before, but the wave pulse mode, and ramp up modes seem like they will do what most are looking for. Tomorrow my cube will get the transplant.

Video as promised. First on the "classic wave setting" going from a long pulse to short and back, then on the ramp up type modes.

Comparing it to the cup it looks pretty small. Hope it's not to strong for a 5.5g

It's about the size of a Koralia 240 nano.

For reference, this is a 27gallon tank. I kept the power at max, but it can dial down to 75% or 50% (maybe lower, haven't played with it enough yet)

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140108_222550_zpse1b5c5ae.mp4.html

I like that Fish-street has started shipping from their NJ warehouse, so instead of it shipping for Hong Kong taking 12-15 days and costing $41 to ship a DC6000, the pump I just ordered is coming from NJ, ordered it Sunday, shipped Monday and will be here tomorrow and shipping was only $15.50. I know $15.50 might seem a little high for domestic shipping but it sure beats paying $41 to ship the pump, and sure as hell beats waiting 12-15 days. I don't thnk they're stocking the wp-10's in the NJ warehouse, just because it's a new product but, the Wp25/40 and 60 can all be order from the NJ warehouse, and shipping is only $3 and shipping time is 2-5 days. The other thing I have to say about Fish-street themselves is, despite that they're in Hong Kong, they honestly have some pretty impressive customer support. I sent an email and in less than an hour I had a response.

Edit: sorry I know that was a little off topic.

I like that Fish-street has started shipping from their NJ warehouse, so instead of it shipping for Hong Kong taking 12-15 days and costing $41 to ship a DC6000, the pump I just ordered is coming from NJ, ordered it Sunday, shipped Monday and will be here tomorrow and shipping was only $15.50. I know $15.50 might seem a little high for domestic shipping but it sure beats paying $41 to ship the pump, and sure as hell beats waiting 12-15 days. I don't thnk they're stocking the wp-10's in the NJ warehouse, just because it's a new product but, the Wp25/40 and 60 can all be order from the NJ warehouse, and shipping is only $3 and shipping time is 2-5 days. The other thing I have to say about Fish-street themselves is, despite that they're in Hong Kong, they honestly have some pretty impressive customer support. I sent an email and in less than an hour I had a response.

Edit: sorry I know that was a little off topic.

Even this was super fast. I ordered it late on new years day and got it yesterday. That is faster than Macy's domestic shipping.

I find it hard to look at a measurement and determine how the footprint will finish up looking when inside the tank.

Looking forward to seeing some FTS of these.

You're literally the first person I've heard say that a wp25 isn't too strong for a 40b. Everyone else with that pump on a 40b has to run it as minimum settings AND undervolted so it doesn't throw water out of the tank.

I'm running a wp25 in my aquapod 24 right now and it's the perfect amount of flow. Of course I have it on the lowest setting, and I am using a 12v power supply which cuts the power in half.

Even this was super fast. I ordered it late on new years day and got it yesterday. That is faster than Macy's domestic shipping.

Ordered mine on the 27th and still don't have it. That makes me sad in my pants.

I find it hard to look at a measurement and determine how the footprint will finish up looking when inside the tank.

Looking forward to seeing some FTS of these.

I will post a video of it in the 29 cube later today. I will probably stick it in my 10gal gsp madness to see what it does in there.

I have a WP 10. Ordered it a week or so before Christmas. Just got it last friday. It's the size of the Hydor Korallia 240 pump. I haven't swapped it out with the WP 25 yet. I kinda like the massive amount of water moved by the 25. I'm not sure if I wanna downgrade. Though, the small size is definitely tempting me to try it out soon.

I would really like to see how big the profile on a WP10 is compared to a MP10

RayWhisperer

I don't have an mp 10 to compare it to. Sorry.

And that is my post you quoted from this thread? Go back and re-read my posts.

In tank compare to the Koralia 240. (GSP is mad at me because I turned it's light off earlier by accident.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140109_103824_zps90f34bdf.jpg.html'>20140109_103824_zps90f34bdf.jpg

Quick video. Really looks like a major range in the amount of water it will move based on settings. Stirred up a ton of detritus on the high mode, but low mode was fairly sedate.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140109_122658_zps441607c1.mp4.html

The chinese don't mess around.

Thats crazy to think one of those powerheads does 240gph and the other one does over 1000gph.

Quick video. Really looks like a major range in the amount of water it will move based on settings. Stirred up a ton of detritus on the high mode, but low mode was fairly sedate.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/noct101/media/20140109_122658_zps441607c1.mp4.html

Oh I see you have the flo rotating deflector! I love that thing! I don't know why I don't see it more often

The chinese don't mess around.

Oh I see you have the flo rotating deflector! I love that thing! I don't know why I don't see it more often

For such a cheap/simple thing it works quite well.

In tank compare to the Koralia 240. (GSP is mad at me because I turned it's light off earlier by accident.

20140109_103824_zps90f34bdf.jpg

That's exactly what I was looking for, video and size comparison. I have a 240 in the tank right now so it looks like that is going to be perfect.

Not my picture, a member from another forum posted the WP10 next to a AA battery

image.jpg

I can hear it lapping at the overflow. It makes my mind wander to some tropical location, on a beach, with my imaginary girlfriend. I think her name is metrokat...

Well Ray. You have me speechless.

And that is my post you quoted from this thread? Go back and re-read my posts.

:blush:

If it's at 100 or 75 it has a minor whuring sound as it cycles. Not very annoying but you can hear it. Fyiw I am pretty particular about my tank being noisy and this doesn't bug me.

Archived