ReefCleaners.org

Anyone get their hands on a wp-10 yet?

dtitus1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that I became an early adopter on this one. Not that I'm not one to jump on new tech, but I am usually just too busy to make it happen.

My WP10s are set to be delivered today. I plan on putting them in my to-be-built 55g, but I don't think that a quick looksies in my 24g jbj nano will hurt. I'll try to get pics/video up tonight!

Just set one up in my 24g Nano! Too loud for a video in my house right now, so I'll just post a couple pics and a few words...

2014-01-13203100_zps1cb8f508.jpg

^^There it is! Mine came with the magnet mount. On the right is my DIY algae scrubber, aka don't clean the glass because a new tank will be up and running in a couple weeks anyways. :D

2014-01-13203139_zpsfa780a9f.jpg

^^ Here's a good size comparison.

I've ran it for ~5 hours so far. The thing is dead silent on the S1 and S3 modes (100% and 50% strength), but there is a very faint hum when I run the S2 mode (75%) right now. S2 still runs quieter than the cube's canopy fans and the maxi-jet in the back. It'd probably be inaudible over video, and it is definitely inaudible from just a step or two back. As for S1 and S3, I unplugged the pump and plugged it back in and couldn't hear any difference. It's that quiet. I'm sure that the faint S2 hum will die down completely after a few days of running.

Right now I'm running it on the W1 (wave pulse) mode at 75% power. The house is-a rockin'! Any pulse setting west of 12 o' clock on the dial gets my water rocking in the tank while set on S1 or S2. With it's current positioning, even a medium duration pulse on S1 would probably send water over my edges. I'm running a medium long pulse duration on S2 right now. Anything higher blows the grapes off my macro, and that's all the way at the bottom of my tank! Until my new tank gets set up, I will probably keep it at S3 with a medium pulse. Anything else would be overkill for my anemones, LPS, and softies unless I were to reposition the powerhead or re-scape. And, I'm too lazy to do either of those at the moment. I haven't checked out the H modes (steady stream) because they blow everything around my tank. W2 (ramp up), W3 (ramp down), and the "else" mode (hodgepodge) do the same. They probably would work well if I were to rescape and reposition, too.

The magnet works fine, the C clamp works fine, the controller is fine, the stream is par for the course (somewhat direct and focused, but it is powerful enough to get the whole water volume moving. So even though the stream is focused, it gets the entire tank moving). Overall, I am extremely satisfied!

• 2 weeks later...

got mine yesterday. also have it running on else mode and its perfect. i say if you have a 20 gallon tank or smaller this would be the perfect pump.

Just placed an order for one on Fish-Street. Both my MP10 and 20 have broken. I'm currently running the dry side of my mp20 and the wet side of my mp-10.

there is a 5% rebate if you use the code

fishstreet

Is a WP-10 too weak for an RSM 130 (34 gallons)?

I'd go with two of them. One WP25 would be overkill, especially considering that the WPs in general have pretty focused streams.

Is a WP-10 too weak for an RSM 130 (34 gallons)?

I'd say it depends on what you want out of it.

So far my WP10 in my 29 cube is set on the lowest (50%) setting in classic wave mode. When I crank it up higher I get too much of a circular current going. I do have a very open rock scape though and still trying to tweak the placement of the pump.

• 4 weeks later...
Finally on Amazon now. http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-WP-10-Wavemaker-Controller-1000/dp/B00IEOE5E6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392974556&sr=8-1&keywords=jebao+wp10'>http://www.amazon.com/Jebao-WP-10-Wavemaker-Controller-1000/dp/B00IEOE5E6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392974556&sr=8-1&keywords=jebao+wp10 A bit more up front but free shipping and probably ships from here in the states. I think it's a good value overall. Hopefully I can squeeze the pennies to pick one up soon.

I ordered this unit on the 15th and got it on the 19th. The price hase gone up since then but it is now prime so it will probably ship faster.

I can't be sure, but the unit I got may have been used. The unit was not in the insert that is suppose to hold it, but that was pretty flimsy to start with. There was no insert between the magnets so pulling them apart was difficult. Every other device I have gotten with magnetic mount has had the insert. When I did get the magnets apart, the rubber on the base came off and there was moisture in it. The unit is a bit noiser than I expected. I'm guessing someone returned this unit and it was just repackaged and sold again. Will probably return it for a replacement. Now that it is prime and fulfilled by Amazon directly, ones shipping now probably wouldn't be a returned unit.

I ordered this unit on the 15th and got it on the 19th. The price hase gone up since then but it is now prime so it will probably ship faster. I can't be sure, but the unit I got may have been used. The unit was not in the insert that is suppose to hold it, but that was pretty flimsy to start with. There was no insert between the magnets so pulling them apart was difficult. Every other device I have gotten with magnetic mount has had the insert. When I did get the magnets apart, the rubber on the base came off and there was moisture in it. The unit is a bit noiser than I expected. I'm guessing someone returned this unit and it was just repackaged and sold again. Will probably return it for a replacement. Now that it is prime and fulfilled by Amazon directly, ones shipping now probably wouldn't be a returned unit.

If it's from that same seller you better get on it, they only list 2 more in stock.

I got on a group buy and going to get it for half that price. Take little longer but save a lot. I will bet in a month they are down to 55-60. I see the wp-25 fluctuate on amazon prime from 58-70 all the time

I got on a group buy and going to get it for half that price. Take little longer but save a lot. I will bet in a month they are down to 55-60. I see the wp-25 fluctuate on amazon prime from 58-70 all the time

I was thinking the same about fish-street, that the price would go down once the newness wore off. I think we're still pretty early in that stage though. Not to mention they keep going out of stock as soon as they're in stock.

Archived