Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone get their hands on a wp-10 yet?

dtitus1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the 1st ones out might have suction cups so I canceled my order. Then I found a MP10 for $100 locally sooo you guys will have to let me know how the wp10 is.

Yeah for 100 bucks thats a good deal. The suction cups got changed to magnets before the release which caused them to push the date back from what I understand cause of that exact reaction. I'm wondering if one would be enough for my 40 breeder or if I should just go with the bigger one. Really hard to tell since I have no first hand experience to go off of.

Yeah for 100 bucks thats a good deal. The suction cups got changed to magnets before the release which caused them to push the date back from what I understand cause of that exact reaction. I'm wondering if one would be enough for my 40 breeder or if I should just go with the bigger one. Really hard to tell since I have no first hand experience to go off of.

Don't go with the bigger one. I had the wp25 in my 40B but it was too strong imo so a wp10 might be a better bet.

Yah, I went for the mp10 since it has battery backup (as well as a nice price tag). I am paranoid about these things since I leave town a lot.

Don't go with the bigger one. I had the wp25 in my 40B but it was too strong imo so a wp10 might be a better bet.

Heh, I tried the wp25 in my 16G. Sandstorm.

I've been checking around online every few days for reviews but I haven't come across anything yet. Weird because they seem to go from in stock to sold out in a day. Someone has to have one.

A couple guys on my local reef forum have them. So far they like em.

I have seen them as low as $75. At this price its comparable to a koralia. Very tempted.

Very tempted too. I want one for my 10 hex but first I need to know how powerful they are. I was going to get one with the xmas money I got, but due to the lack of reviews I had to pass and bought something else.

I broke down and ordered one. 61.50 plus 10 bucks shipping. Should have it in a week.

Liveaquaria is shorting me my Peacock Mantis so I had to spend that Christmas money somewhere. ;)

I should have one in the next week or two. My shipping notification was written in engrish so I don't know if it is leaving Hong Kong in a few days or if it already left and will be in the US in a few days.

Apparently all your base are belong to us.

I should have one in the next week or two. My shipping notification was written in engrish so I don't know if it is leaving Hong Kong in a few days or if it already left and will be in the US in a few days.

Apparently all your base are belong to us.

They set up us the bomb.

I've heard around the net that nobody in the US is selling them due to a cease and desist from Tunze to vendors. Apparently they're sending written warnings, not a full on legal cease and desist, to sellers that if they sell these Jaebo products they'll pull their own Tunze products from the shelves. Something about patent infringement that China can get around because they tweaked the design just so and the stuff is manufactured over there and not here.

Something like that.

I can't find the article again, I have no idea if it was legit or not but it was filled with all sorts of legal mumbo jumbo and references to other stuff.

I've read this too. The tunze pumps are so ridiculously expensive not because their electronics are made from platinum or anything, but because they don't have any competition due to patent law

I've read this too. The tunze pumps are so ridiculously expensive not because their electronics are made from platinum or anything, but because they don't have any competition due to patent law

Yeah, that's exactly why I never, ever, buy into new things like that. It's always anal rape until the patent expires and then a half dozen other companies start making it for 1/5th the price.

Is EcoTech Marine a part of Tunze? I've not seen any Tunze unit that looks anything like this, just the VorTech units from EcoTech Marine. And if this was true, why wouldn't there also be a C&D on the other models of the WP line? They all look to be the same technology, just with different sizes.

I like my WP25 on my 40B but would rather have two WP10's for easier flow control...and so I can run on something other than low settings. :D Waiting to see some reviews too.

Is EcoTech Marine a part of Tunze? I've not seen any Tunze unit that looks anything like this, just the VorTech units from EcoTech Marine. And if this was true, why wouldn't there also be a C&D on the other models of the WP line? They all look to be the same technology, just with different sizes.

No. The tunze power heads look exactly like WPs, Vortechs look nothing like them. I think you might be confused.

No. The tunze power heads look exactly like WPs, Vortechs look nothing like them. I think you might be confused.

For some reason, I was thinking they were a different version of the VorTech units. Probably because they are always compared to them. But I thought I saw something there was another type with the external drive. Too early in the morning for me. :)

look at the pic in this link:

http://blog.aquanerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Tunze-vs-EcoTech-Marine.jpg

the pump on the left is a Tunze, looks nearly identical to the WP's

the pump on the right is a ecotech MP, looks nothing like the WP's

I just placed an order on a wp-10. Though I won't receive it 'till mid January <_< .

I'll post a review once I receive it.

Paid $65 for it and apparently comes with the new magnet.

Cheers

Quick question, the controllers can't control multiple powerheads for synchronized flow patterns, right? AKA it's 1 controller per powerhead?

Quick question, the controllers can't control multiple powerheads for synchronized flow patterns, right? AKA it's 1 controller per powerhead?

Correct. I believe I've read that it can be done with an apex.

Correct. I believe I've read that it can be done with an apex.

Thanks for the info. I do know that they can be controlled by Reef Angel, too.

Archived