Top Shelf Aquatics

Anyone get their hands on a wp-10 yet?

dtitus1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A wp10 even at 50% (roughly 528gph) is going to be like 70-80x turnover rate. So it will matter what kind of corals you plan on keeping.

If it's at 100 or 75 it has a minor whuring sound as it cycles. Not very annoying but you can hear it. Fyiw I am pretty particular about my tank being noisy and this doesn't bug me.

It irritates me that I ordered mine before you did and mine is still in Hong Kong.

Well, I tried the WP 10 out on my tank today. While it certainly is enough for a 40 breeder, it's not enough for me. I'm gonna have to stick with the WP 25 for my tank until something better comes out. It seems to me the 10 is slightly louder than the 25. Though, I suspect that will diminish with break in and bacteria growing in it's nether regions. As the 25 was audible for the first 2 weeks and is now almost completely silent.

How much are these? I found one for 159 and one for 49.. I'm assuming 159 would be closer to average lol

That's more than double what they're worth. $70-90 should be what you're looking for.

Well, I tried the WP 10 out on my tank today. While it certainly is enough for a 40 breeder, it's not enough for me. I'm gonna have to stick with the WP 25 for my tank until something better comes out. It seems to me the 10 is slightly louder than the 25. Though, I suspect that will diminish with break in and bacteria growing in it's nether regions. As the 25 was audible for the first 2 weeks and is now almost completely silent.

Are ou saying that the wp10 and 25 are too weak for your tank?

Are ou saying that the wp10 and 25 are too weak for your tank?

No, I'm saying the WP 10 is too weak for my liking. The WP 25 is fine for the time being. Though, honestly, I'd like something with slightly less power. I'd also prefer something in the size of the WP 10. I know, I ask too much.

Does the WP10 use a magnet? I contacted a supplier here in the Philippines and he doesn't carry them since his came with suction cups.

The WP 10's from fishstreet come with the magnet mount.

qualitycontrol

I have an ADA 60F and although I do like the MP10's they are just not worth it for me for this size tank.

I think I am going to get a WP-10 and a DC3000 controllable return pump and be done with pump selections.

Now if only the cord was on the outside. :rant: nitpicking :)

Isn't there some sort of benefit from buying it from fish-street instead of ebay? They sell replacement parts or something?

Would love to see videos and hear how the wp10's random reef mode is working in nano's. The wp25 was way to strong.

Ordered mine some days ago. Can't wait to get it, but expect it to take some time, as it has to ger through Danish customs which usually takes forever :/

I ordered the variable power supply along with it in case it is too powerful for my 14 gal. Does anyone know if it's supposed to work with the wp-10, like the bigger models?

Archived