SaltCritters.com

~ Allure ~ What water change?

Chew_Magna

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice and lush.

It's not too bad, I wouldn't mind it if it puffed up some more for me. Maybe I need to bump up feeding it, I've only fed it three or four times since I've had it.

New vidya.

Just a stationary shot of the tank for a few minutes. Gives a good idea of the inhabitant's activities during the day.

So. The diadema dottyback got itself in the return chamber of the sump. That's really tight quarters in there, with the pump and heater, so after much swearing and breaking of plastic cooking spoons I finally managed to catch it. I said screw it and just threw it in the DT.

I think I might play around a bit with having some rock come out of the water. When I was originally scaping it I had one more rock in there that did come out a couple inches, but it wasn't stable so I threw it in the sump. I think I'll see if I can get something back up there.

And I need some glue to get these frags in place...

I'm still thrilled with how the tank turned out. I think the only thing I'd do different, if I had the option, is go with a 20 gallon hex. :D

Late night photo shoot with Senior Citron and "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World" pompom crab.

10899331726_ba40f61157_b.jpg

10899603103_46ca2f608d_b.jpg
10899301865_5d196349e6_b.jpg
Oh and I had my very first snail escapee yesterday. Found a nerite on the floor, was still moist so I put it on the return outlet and a couple hours later it was gone.
10892819715_55b074d4a2_b.jpg

10899294015_7bab558af8_b.jpg
10899595683_7ee87f370d_b.jpg
Check the chromis when the lights are out.
10899288125_3aabeb1309_b.jpg

Went to Kroger and they had some super glue gel by the brand "office Works." $1.20 for two tubes, much better than the $3.something for the Loctite stuff of the same size tubes.

Let the gluing begin!

Nice, I always wanted a pom pom crab. Especially with 2 pom poms! I've tried all sorts of glue, super glue, loctite, epoxy, my favorite one is from BRS, but its pricey. Let us know how you like that stuff, I might try to get some at that price.

It worked just like the Loctite stuff does. Had about as much in the tube... <_<

I have a technique with glue in the tank, I've found that if you glue and just hold it down it doesn't really adhere very well. What I do is put a big glob on the frag, smash it to the spot I want, scoot it a little, pick it up just so that the glue stretches out, and then place it back down. Usually after doing that it holds instantly and no more messing with it.

I got lucky with my pompom. It had both poms from the store and it's kept them through several molts. The poms and the crab have gotten much bigger. :happy:

That makes sense. I have always that the issue with gluing. I always try to press the glue into the spot turn it to break the skin, it works 50 percent of the time. I have never tried to pull it to stretch the glue out. Going to give it a shot next time. Just have to make sure the fish don't come pecking at the uncured glue while its or else you are going to have a fun time removing it. :D

Nah I've never had any livestock mess with frags or the glue while I'm working on it. When I do the stretch thing it's only about a quarter to half inch and then I immediately smash it back down. Hold it up too long and the glue starts to set too fast. You want a sort of "snot" look to it when you stretch it.

10940002113_1a04e6b53f_b.jpg
I have no idea what these zoas are called but I love 'em. I split the plug up, two heads down at the bottom, two in the middle, and one head at the top of the tank. They're all doing great.
10939879414_83492c0a1e_b.jpg

Mystery sps that I still don't know what it is.

10939996853_5643851ff3_b.jpg
Back lit yuma.
10939790106_4f08a593e1_b.jpg

If you look closely at these you can see the true color of some of that corals that I can't get with a regular photo.

10939726645_e445fcd114_b.jpg
10939723815_c9c32b1b6c_b.jpg

My fuge has gotten NASTY. Do people usually clean these things out? I'm considering breaking it down, giving it a good clean and then putting it back together. It's full of caulerpa, gha, cyano and nitrogen bubbles everywhere.

10939720895_57d7494a9a_b.jpg

I think the first zoas are called man eaters, hard to tell what color exactly.

That pic up there is exactly how they look irl, velvety solid color purple/red body with a bright neon green mouth. I looked on that zoa id site and the closest thing I can find are the many different people eaters.

Photoshop. I finally decided to install it again after rebuilding my pc a while back. I can make you something if you like.

I've been drinking Earl Grey for years and years. I have family in Wales so occasionally they send over the good stuff. I like all sorts of teas, Lady Grey, Prince of Wales, all the different chai stuff, fruity stuff, it's all good. I totally get the Trekkie reference, I'm a fan of the older stuff myself.

Looks good man! This looks just as good if not better than the 40 IMO.

Thanks man. I'm diggin it, I like it much better compared to the 40b. Not as easy to work in but hey, lose some, gain some.

That pic up there is exactly how they look irl, velvety solid color purple/red body with a bright neon green mouth. I looked on that zoa id site and the closest thing I can find are the many different people eaters.

Chew! I have the exact same zoas. They're Maroon People Eaters. The slightly browner morph are called Dreamy People Eaters. :)

Chew! I have the exact same zoas. They're Maroon People Eaters. The slightly browner morph are called Dreamy People Eaters. :)

Nice! I figured they were some sort of People Eater, the only thing I found close on the zoa id site was something like a scarlet people eater.

What a fabulous name for your tank. I love it.

It looks rather good, lush with color. I would say though that it is a 10g and a tight spacial tank given the dimensions, I would strongly caution against any more fish especially active ones. If you got the chromis out and really really wanted another fishy, a yellow clown goby would be my suggestion. But honestly 2 clownfish in that tank is plenty.

metrokat gave me a compliment on my tank and I...

J-zz-In-My-Pants-Caps-the-lonely-island-noyphh.jpgJ-zz-In-My-Pants-Caps-the-lonely-island-3164799758_735db0680f.jpgJ-zz-In-My-Pants-Caps-the-lonely-island-

Totally agree with you on the fish. I think what I'll do is keep an eye out at the lfs and if they ever get another clown goby, or a hi fin goby (ermagerdilove'em) I'll see about doing a trade. The only reason all these fish are even in the tank is because they're all babies and are so small. Well, that and I'm kind of attached to them and I just wanna hug and squeeze 'em and call 'em George.

ill-call-him-george.jpg

If I can somehow keep the clowns small for the next year they're coming with me to Colorado. I'm thinking when we move a 20-40 gallon hex is going to be where it's at. I've already been planning it in my head.

One of my rock flowers is on the move... And as of right now it's standing right on a head of that People Eater zoa...

Like, literally the foot is completely covering the zoa.

wtf.

Tank is looking great man. Just saw the new FTS's!

I also dig the signature script! Nice! W-

One of my rock flowers is on the move... And as of right now it's standing right on a head of that People Eater zoa...

Like, literally the foot is completely covering the zoa.

wtf.

One of my rock news moved and covered some zoas in my tank. King Midas' to be exact.
Luckily on a separate rock but I had to pry the rock off the foot! Ugh!

Archived