Coral Vue Hydros

Made in Africa - A Shallow Reef

4x5

Ocean Nutrition Flake, Pellets and various frozen foods. A feed a 2 to 3 times a day.Sexy Times;

The growth pattern on this Acro really excites me.deepwater_005.jpg

Ya- Acro is looking good- looks like it's gonna branch out well?

I'll have to give that a try. I never asked you, what do you feed your tank and how often?

I feed Ocean Nutrition flake and pellets as well as various frozen. Usually 2 or 3 times a day. Tank is in my office so I walk passed it all the time. :lol:

Ya- Acro is looking good- looks like it's gonna branch out well

I saw the mother colony and it's really something cool. I grows flat like a table without being one solid table and has such nice curves.
  • Like 3

Nice. Is your some kind of Dragon Acro? Or whatever they're called, I suck with these names. :lol:

honestly i have no idea. i was asking around in Zia's thread. they thought it was a strain of A. carduus which is the red dragon. but i won't be able to tell until my red dragon rag grows out a bit:

https://flic.kr/p/odCNEZ'>14582827885_522cda6b0c.jpghttps://flic.kr/p/odCNEZ'>RMK_0457.jpg by https://www.flickr.com/people/113969537@N03/'>xMrKleinReef, on Flickr

Haha yeah, whenever I walk pass my tank they always seem extra hungry. I have garlic flakes but have heard negative things resulting in higher phosphates. This is what I'm feeding mine. They always go crazy when I feed the mysis. The clowns are the only ones that really like the New Life Spectrum...no one else.

post-84570-0-95817100-1413908145_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

if you have photoshop you don't even need a tripod

What's Photoshop? :lol: I kid, I know how to stack, but to be honest - if I'm going to go through the effort of focus stacking macro shots, I'll use a tripod. That way I can compose more accurately and be more precise.
  • Like 1

Shaun, I saw that short video clip you took awhile back. What did you use to take that video? I just did a short video of my tank (was going to show the link, but didn't want to hijack the thread) and everything looks so blue.

Shaun, I saw that short video clip you took awhile back. What did you use to take that video? I just did a short video of my tank (was going to show the link, but didn't want to hijack the thread) and everything looks so blue.

It was a timelapse, so I used my usual camera to take the stills. So I was able to get the colour more realistic than if it was shot in video. Play with your light settings till the video looks fine. Turn down the blues.

Picked up a Tunze Care Magnet (Nano version). Initial impressions are great, it looks good (bonus), has a crazy powerful magnet and I like the plastic scraper - you can scrape into the corners without stressing about damaging the silicone. I tested it out yesterday and it does a really good job, there are some little spots that it couldn't remove but it got rid of algae and coralline really well. My weekly hand scraping time will be cut down big time. B)

• Like 3

Hey you, I was sorry to hear about the anthias a few pages back, losing fish hurts, I get so attached to their little personalities and antics.

I support the nomination for TOTM, your oasis is lovely.

I've been looking into the flame hawk fish also. The cautions on live aquaria have stopped me cold on the purchasing decision. They're going to hunt down small shrimps so ornamental shrimps are going to become food, that's understandable. But the hawks can also make a meal of small gobies. This is the concern I have. I hope somebody with experience with this fish can chime in.

• Like 1

Very cool fish, definitely on my wish list! Congrats :D

:) It really is a great character.

Hey you, I was sorry to hear about the anthias a few pages back, losing fish hurts, I get so attached to their little personalities and antics.

I've been looking into the flame hawk fish also. The cautions on live aquaria have stopped me cold on the purchasing decision. They're going to hunt down small shrimps so ornamental shrimps are going to become food, that's understandable. But the hawks can also make a meal of small gobies. This is the concern I have. I hope somebody with experience with this fish can chime in.

Hey Kat, thanks for the kind words, it's much appreciated. :) And thanks - it really sucked loosing the Anthias, it was such a beautiful fish. I've heard the Hawkfish can be a concern around shrimps, I wouldn't know personally because my wrasse went to town on my Sexy Shrimps, I lost all of them, it was quite brutal and the most expensive meal ever. <_< The size the Hawkfish is now I wouldn't have been concerned about it eating the shrimps but as they get bigger there would be that risk. I didn't know they went after Gobies so I can't comment on that. I just love how it spends it's day moving around the tank perching on SPS, it has a really great personality. :)

• Like 1

It really isn't that bad. Some do, some don't. Kind of 20-30% chance that it will dine on shrimp (lysmata shrimps, don't know about sexys). They definitely don't actively hunt them down.

It really isn't that bad. Some do, some don't. Kind of 20-30% chance that it will dine on shrimp (lysmata shrimps, don't know about sexys). They definitely don't actively hunt them down.

Oya? Just the possibility of it trying to eat the pair of Lysmata I have is worth getting this fish. :lol:

At the very least he might keep the bastards in check.