Innovative Marine Aquariums

Chris' Reef

Chris!

Pics of what? Nothings happening pic worthy yet.... although wife said that my drill bits came in today, of course she took them with her to class instead of leaving it out so I could grab it and drill while the kids are taking a nap and shes at class.............. damn woman lol

Sent Hugo payment for his SCA-301 skimmer said he should be able to ship it out tomorrow. Didn't really need it but it completes a system of extras.... :blink:

Ha ha, she'll probably leave them somewhere along the way. Maybe China will come to the rescue after all.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope she brought them home. Should be able to get this thing drilled tonight and start on my painting which will likely take a couple days to complete.

Went to Petco today to check on the status of the 2nd 40B I bought (the one I sliced my hand open on and they are supposed to be getting me another one....) still don't have it in, hopefully this weekend they said. So I went back to the shelf and the chipped corner one I originally bought is sitting on the shelf. Asked what they would do and for $35 I bought another extra 40B. You really can never have to many tanks right?? :) LOL

Drilled three holes, and yes I got pics:

:lol:

.......those weren't the holes I expected to get pics of. ;)

You could always send those to Old Man Lawn for use as monocles.

.......those weren't the holes I expected to get pics of. ;)

You could always send those to Old Man Lawn for use as monocles.

I'm married with kids, thats the only way three holes are gettin drilled around here at 1am lol

Yeah I guess I could throw some clear silicone between each puck, might be thick enough for him then LOL

I haven't figured out what I am going to do with the other 2 40B's yet. I will have those, a 20L and a 30g cube (needs a panel replaced) and a 14g nanocube that are just sitting around....Then the original tank from this thread is out in the garage and could be resealed still.

Got a couple coats of paint laid on the tank today, still have a couple more to go tho..... Hopefully get the painting finished today, overflow box attatched tomorrow, and water saturday or sunday if all goes well :)

Oh, you probably wanted to see the paint I just got done layin huh?? Fine, here ya go:

20140206_192119-1_zpsgawgfyuz.jpg

Tape/newspaper are all removed and the overflow box I wasn't planning on getting put on is put on lol

No new pics until its wet, I start the actual build thread for this tank :ninja:

Overflow box stuck good already (not fully cured tho....) tank is on the stand and bulkheads are installed. I need to get a couple fittings and some more pipe + figure out how I want to hang the radion without anchoring into the ceiling.....

Overflow box stuck good already (not fully cured tho....) tank is on the stand and bulkheads are installed. I need to get a couple fittings and some more pipe + figure out how I want to hang the radion without anchoring into the ceiling.....

Start the new thread already....or post a "good" pic.

True. Standing by for a "wet box" pic.

I'm shootin for wetness on Saturday. Hope to get it all plumbed, and decide on final plan for hanging the light tomorrow. Possibly build light hanger, and re-rinse sand that will go into this tank....... also need to decide if I want to use the rock thats in the rubbermaid and covered in dead acros, go with the dry rock I can do whatever with, or order new rock lol

Can you tell I wasn't really planning on setting up a 40B, and just decided to grab a few and roll with whatever sounds like a good idea at the time?? :) lol

I'm shootin for wetness on Saturday. Hope to get it all plumbed, and decide on final plan for hanging the light tomorrow. Possibly build light hanger, and re-rinse sand that will go into this tank....... also need to decide if I want to use the rock thats in the rubbermaid and covered in dead acros, go with the dry rock I can do whatever with, or order new rock lol

Unless you have some pest on the acro rock...I'd use that. I used dry rock on this current tank and have had nothing but isues....aka, gha. Congrats on getting her wet....Saturday!

Its pest free, probably got some algaes goin on tho as I have had alot of losses so I can't imagine it didnt get some funk built up into the rock. The dry rock I have on hand is old live rock I had but bleached, vinegared and have had sitting for like a year since I shut down my 180.

Its pest free, probably got some algaes goin on tho as I have had alot of losses so I can't imagine it didnt get some funk built up into the rock. The dry rock I have on hand is old live rock I had but bleached, vinegared and have had sitting for like a year since I shut down my 180.

Ya, I did nothing to the dry rock I used besides dumping it in. Oooops. Now I have a Chia-Reef!

Ya, I did nothing to the dry rock I used besides dumping it in. Oooops. Now I have a Chia-Reef!

Sounds like you definitely have some bound phosphates. Do you run GFO, biopellets or anything like that?

I will likely add bio-pellets on down the road.....

Sounds like you definitely have some bound phosphates. Do you run GFO, biopellets or anything like that?

I will likely add bio-pellets on down the road.....

Yes I do (Phosphates) and Yes I do (GFO)- recently added. 3rd week in.

Yes I do (Phosphates) and Yes I do (GFO)- recently added. 3rd week in.

Well atleast you're on the corrective path. It won't be easy but manual removal and frequent gfo changes will help.

Archived