Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' Reef

Chris!

It's been over a year.... I don't remember it taking long at all. I bet you start seeing a difference by tomorrow. For whatever reason, after running the GFO, it has been running wetter...

Yeah its gotta be whatever is causing the clouds ####ing with the skimmer. Everything I have read on it says it is easy to set up and blah blah blah, of course when I want to get this tank runnin quick I keep running into road blocks and set backs. I have always had a new tank up, running and full of fish/ coral within a week of getting the idea to set it up, but this one is goin on like a month now.

I've never ran GFO in my personal systems, but it seems like it would make sense that it could cause it to run wetter/ pull more.... I dunno, might be pullin some GFO dust even.

Im following this build and NR isnt allowing me to receive updates. WTF MARKS?!

Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to set up the new thread for the 40B.... hopefully. At the rate things are going I aint promisin shit tho! lol

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tank is clearing up a little bit, not as much as I hoped but definitely alot clearer. Going to let it ride for a few hours go do some runnin and play with the kids and see how it goes from there. Probably do a 10-20% WC this afternoon regardless of how much more it clears up in that time.

FINALLY the tank is at a nearly acceptable clarity! I backed the flow off from the display a little upped its time in the sump been draining the skimmer cup every 4 hours and running a cup of carbon. Later I will start adding a few pieces of LR and start the new thread.... yes it will definitely go up today sometime :)

Archived