Cultivated Reef

Chris' Reef

Chris!

Ya, we bought the first year model 2003. I wasnt feel'n it at first....but after the test drive we were both sold. Very solid ride, turn a hose on and wash it out, awd and skid plates under the vitals. Got mid 20's for mpg. LOL, not that my opinion counts. Get the wife what she wants....as long as it's not a pile.

Yup shes happy, I'm happy..... as long as its not a pos. I'm not to worried about the AWD, she has had FWD cars and been fine in our normal winters for years. I just made her get the AWD yukon because she wanted my RWD tahoe all the time and I knew she couldn't handle it in the snow/ice, then I go and total the damn thing on ice myself LOL.

But this year has been the worst in the 15+ years I've been legally driving, and the road commission has been the shittiest, they hardly plow, almost never salt, I don't think they own any sand.......... roads blow donkeys big time.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit! That sucks about the tank. Couldn't repair it? or didn't want to?

Yeah it sucks but not a big deal I've got some good ideas in my head with the upcoming 40B.

I just didn't really want to. I've resealed a tank before, its not that big of a deal but don't really have the time/ wanna take the time to do it with the little ones. I will likely reseal it someday, but for now it is stowed away in the garage.

Yeah it sucks but not a big deal I've got some good ideas in my head with the upcoming 40B.

I just didn't really want to. I've resealed a tank before, its not that big of a deal but don't really have the time/ wanna take the time to do it with the little ones. I will likely reseal it someday, but for now it is stowed away in the garage.

What brand was it? jw

What brand was it? jw

I have no idea. I bought it used years ago to use as a display fuge and never did, and had it laying around when I decided to take my 180 down. I shoulda resealed it then but didn't so it was really my fault.

I have no idea. I bought it used years ago to use as a display fuge and never did, and had it laying around when I decided to take my 180 down. I shoulda resealed it then but didn't so it was really my fault.

Oh gotcha, the sealing does seem to go bad after awhile. Hopefully it didn't flood your house.

Oh gotcha, the sealing does seem to go bad after awhile. Hopefully it didn't flood your house.

Yeah it did a decent little flood, luckily we were home watching tv and noticed it starting to drain so I was able to soak alot up with towels and the shop vac so there was very little damage atleast :)

This just in................ I got tired of waiting on China to finish their new year bullshit and decided to order the diamond bits for 3/4" (return line) and 1" (drains) from a place in NJ, along with some 3/4" bulkheads as I decided to just go ahead and drill for the return as well for a cleaner better fitting screen top to keep my wrasses in the tank ;)

Should be here by tuesday next week at the latest.... allegedly lol

Also, on the car front, likely going to go pick up the impala the wife liked tonight after she gets out of classes, as long as it passes my inspection. She's already driven it and liked it tho so as long as it sounds good (mechanically), and rides good we will bring it home tonight.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......................

IMG_20140201_0016272_zpsailgoxqa.jpg

:ninja:

Drill bits shipped out today, bulkheads yesterday :)

Your Impala is sparkly blue?

Your Impala is sparkly blue?

Nope, she picked up a black Impala. Not to bad, pulled down like 24mpg during the 150 miles we put it through today, sure beats the 13 we were getting in the yukon lol

Nope, she picked up a black Impala. Not to bad, pulled down like 24mpg during the 150 miles we put it through today, sure beats the 13 we were getting in the yukon lol

Not too shabby...congrats on the new ride.

Does it fade from darker to lighter....or is that just shadowing?

The picture fades from metallic blue, into metallic black..... and its not car related ;) I was doing a little spraying down in the basement and the phone wouldn't pick up the colors without the flash so it kinda threw it for a loop... but makes a good little teaser I guess... gotta do something to keep the few visitors interested lol

Chris!

That's what she said :)

Yeah your mom is a little freaked out you said that.

So what's the plan man? Moving or not?

Not yet we are putting that on hold for now.... Wife decided to go back to school so we will likely stay here for another year or two then move..... somewhere. I've been trying to get her to move to TX for years..... like 8 now I think lol But then her grandpa got diagnosed with lung cancer so she wanted to stay to be with him, he fought it for 4 years and well now her grandma is 80 and losing her mind basically so she wants to stay around for her. Since we are both home it is easy for us to help her with stuff since her kids are worthless, and even more so when it comes to getting off their asses for her. If it comes down to her parents I will just put them both in a home and roll LOL

Its easy to stay here while shes in school cuz the house is paid for she can just focus on school ;)

I forgot to add earlier, I called petco and my 2nd 40B didn't come in on the truck this week so they are going to call around and see if they can get one brought over from another store for me. Not to sure what I am going to do with it, might use it as a QT, might use it for a frag tank, or who knows maybe a 2nd display......

BattleAthletics

Dude just bring them down to Texas with yall, sell the house and get a Badass house here since it's cheaper here. I know the feeling. Texas University education is cheaper too I think. Dave Varela is by far the cheapest tank builder in texas. Do a Walter white and force everyone to leave with you. Lol

Dude just bring them down to Texas with yall, sell the house and get a Badass house here since it's cheaper here. I know the feeling. Texas University education is cheaper too I think. Dave Varela is by far the cheapest tank builder in texas. Do a Walter white and force everyone to leave with you. Lol

Housing here is like the cheapest in the nation, most places its still going down..... Hell with that, one of the perks to moving to TX is to get away from em LOL

I've heard of Dave and seen some of his work over on DFWMAS, shit looks real good.

Drill bits didn't show yesterday so they should be here today :) Hopefully will be able to drill today, do my painting today and tomorrow and have water in the 40 by Thursday, Friday at the latest.

Drill bits didn't show yesterday so they should be here today :) Hopefully will be able to drill today, do my painting today and tomorrow and have water in the 40 by Thursday, Friday at the latest.

.....waiting for pics.

Pics of what? Nothings happening pic worthy yet.... although wife said that my drill bits came in today, of course she took them with her to class instead of leaving it out so I could grab it and drill while the kids are taking a nap and shes at class.............. damn woman lol

Sent Hugo payment for his SCA-302 skimmer said he should be able to ship it out tomorrow. Didn't really need it but it completes a system of extras.... :blink:

Archived