Top Shelf Aquatics

Dixie's mixed reef turned pony palace

dixie reefer

Neener neener boo boo lol! When it gets bigger, I'll cut you off a good chunk. I wish I could find any kind of info on it. I don't even know what kind of sponge it is.

Hopefully this weekend i will have the seahorse tank done. I need to get the drill bits from a buddy and scour el paso for a return pump. I'm going to make an overflow like the one in my 36; a pvc elbow and a strainer. Simple and effective.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're just movin' along well. Seahorse tank & future mantis tank. Whoo Hoo. Reefer girls unite! We rock, the girls with multiple tanks rock. That's all there is to it.

I seriously need to tap the brakes on all of these tanks lol. I think the mantis will be the last one I set up for a while. I don't have anymore room left! Haha

I must say, siliconing baffles into a sump sucks! Ahh!

I didn't much care for it either. I found I had to cut the opening larger than I originally thought so in some places it didn't look pretty because I was going over it a 2nd time for not having enough silicone. Wasn't my favorite DIY thing.

This is definitely not going to be pretty!! Haha

As long as it's functional, mine is functional and hiding behind some darkened glass doors but it's still visible through the doors which is cool. Since my 34 has been cycled and going since 10/31 I didn't want to not cycle the 10 gal refugium and then have things die. Crazy thing is the Mag7 in there is making it hot, I have the heater on 72 and it still has the water at 81/82, the lights aren't adding any heat, BUT I'm hoping that once I have it circulating through the 34 it won't be so hot and maybe I can put the pump at 2/3 it's speed, maybe the temp will be lower. Right now I squashed it by half w/ a ball valve. The guy at LifeReef, when I told him what I was doing,he suggested the Mag7 w/ his system to get the right flow. Crazy, huh, making it that hot right now. I did put a little macro, hopefully it won't die in 81/82 right now.

I'm going to be using a mag 7 also! I don't run any pumps internally because of the heat issue. We're going to be plumbing the tank tomorrow as soon as I get the last baffle in and it dries and will be getting the tank wet tomorrow night! Woo!

If you can't tell already, I HATE waiting. lol Probably waiting until tomorrow to put sand and some rock in there. I've got the heater trying to heat the water to livable conditions and I'm trying to mix the salt.

So I've spent the majority of my morning redoing my bubble trap in the sump. I wasn't comfortable with the size ofthe return portion of my sump, so i moved the baffles to the left a little.

Archived