Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dixie's mixed reef turned pony palace

dixie reefer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

that sea horse is so cool. do they need real calm water movement ? BTW sick tank over all.

Thanks. This tank has a 240 gph powerhead which isnt all that much but she often plays in the current right in front of it where its strongest.

I love how they will just hitch to your fingers. Mine do that too! I feel like they have no survival instincts like other fish. I wonder how they survive in the wild. :lol:

Mass reproduction lol.

Well superb camouflage doesn't hurt either. :happy:

Yep! I just picture them swimming up to a shark and being like, "Well hello shark. I am just going to hitch to your tooth there..."

Awe thats a cool picture! Yes, i agree she shouldn't be alone and you'll enjoy the interaction of a pair vs one. So much funner to watch as they obliviously try to hitch each others noses, neck, belly,lol

If you do get another one. Ask Saltwater Heaven is they can keep em in there original shipping bag from there vendor. So the seahorse dosent have to be exposed to there fish systems before you get em.

Maybe santa will bring me a yellow one for Christmas. She used to hang out with the pipe but now she just seems lonely. I once watched, at saltwater heaven, one seahorse had her tail wrapped around another's head and was hitting it against the sand. I guess they had a disagreement. Lol

• 1 month later...

Archived