Coral Vue Hydros

Dixie's mixed reef turned pony palace

dixie reefer

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what the tank used to look like. IMAG4234_zpsba1af491.jpg

Ahh, this makes me miss my 10gal.. wasn't in the cards to take it with me when I moved. Are you planning on using a HOB on the new setup or just stickin to water changes and powerhead? I've been usin an AC30 on my nano, but half the time it just runs empty.

dixie reefer

There definitely is a lot less in this tank now and I'm not in love with it that much at the moment, but it's for the safety of my seahorse so I'm going to have to deal with it. I'm just sticking to the powerhead and water changes. Hopefully around Christmas time I can take this tank down and transfer everything to a 29 tall. I want to fill it with macros, zoas, gorgs, and sponges.

Looking good in here! Your pony looks and the gorg :wub:

So i'm driving through El Paso this Sunday and was wondering if there's any LFS open that day, that might have some nice gorgs?

dixie reefer

The only one that I've ever seen gorgs at is Saltwater heaven but they are closed on Sundays. All of our lfs are closed on Sundays. Search Saltwater heaven 915 on Facebook. That is also the place where I got my seahorse.

The only one that I've ever seen gorgs at is Saltwater heaven but they are closed on Sundays. All of our lfs are closed on Sundays.

Search Saltwater heaven 915 on Facebook. That is also the place where I got my seahorse.

There all closed on Sundays :( Jus my luck.

I'll look them up. I think ive been by there once when they closed. Are they the store that has all the artsy painting all over there building?

dixie reefer

Sure is, the neighborhood looks sketchy but its a really good store. They get more of the unusual and rarer stuff in.

Sure is, the neighborhood looks sketchy but its a really good store.

yea, i still remember the bars on there windows :lol:

They get more of the unusual and rarer stuff in.

Noted, thanks!

Is that where you git that awesome gorg your pony's hitched on in your picture above?

dixie reefer

Yes it is, they usually get their orders in on Tuesdays and Wednesday. The best days to go is Wednesday and Thursday since they are closed on Tuesday also. Paid $25 for my gorg and $60 for the seahorse. You can always call them to see what they've got and get them to special order something for you. Ask for Chris.

Yes it is, they usually get their orders in on Tuesdays and Wednesday. The best days to go is Wednesday and Thursday since they are closed on Tuesday also. Paid $25 for my gorg and $60 for the seahorse. You can always call them to see what they've got and get them to special order something for you. Ask for Chris.

Thanks for the tips on the best days to go! Because its a 5 hour drive round trip that's great to know. Wow i cant believe he had a gorg of that quality and also that it was so cheap! Would you say it's a red color or more of a orange? It looks red in the pics and that's what would love to find.

Little girl is always hitching to weird things, in this case its a snail.

1010132121_zpsb4a7c29d.jpg

:wub: I'll be adding a few more ponies to my tank next month and i definitely want a black and white like this to add to the mix.

1010132118_zps091abac7.jpg

Great shot of the pom pom! I remember when mine had pom poms ;(

Ive had mine for over a year now and only see him once every few months. He's very elusive and :ninja: like. But this time i seen him out, i noticed both his pom pom were gone, bummer.

That gorg is about as red as red can get. He also had yellow. I would definitely call before making that trip.

Will do thanks!

What are the other good LFS up there?

My other favorite is Aqua life. They are known to have the lowest prices in town. There are ywo more, sea creatures and the coral reef but saltwater heaven and aqua life are definitely my favorites.

Got a new baby today, a little dragon pipefish! I also got a black and white clown, so I removed my platinum from this tank and put them both into my frag tank with my husband's new carpet nem. The pipefish is already very active and eagerly eating cyclopeeze.

1014131813c_zps844ddbee.jpg1014132023a_zps299628ec.jpg1014132023b_zpsa833bb9a.jpg

Wow, nice new addition! They have so much expression those dragon pipes :wub: Might need me a pair of those for my main display!

I gotta say, ELP is delivering the goods over there! Another unique fish i would never expect to find over there! I have to get up there soon.

Wow, nice new addition! They have so much expression those dragon pipes :wub: Might need me a pair of those for my main display!

I gotta say, ELP is delivering the goods over there! Another unique fish i would never expect to find over there! I have to get up there soon.

Check your inbox :)

Decided to use a shell as a feeding station and she took to it instantly! What a smart girl!

1022131054_zps842080d8.jpg

Little girl chilling by her bowl and the pipefish doing fishy yoga.

1022131110d_zps8a68cfee.jpg

1022131111_zps059c840e.jpg

1022131112b_zps8b55077e.jpg

that sea horse is so cool. do they need real calm water movement ? BTW sick tank over all.

Yeah really low flow. They're poor swimmers. Wouldn't be able to hitch properly or catch food in higher flow.

Archived