• Aquasafe Canada 100 GPD 7-Stage
    • Refurb Spectrapure 90 GPD
    • BRS 4-Stage Value 75 GPD

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
llama roadkill
yes, I think

How long do you QT for? My first fish (Bangaiis) will only be for about a week, the rest 1-3 weeks.

llama roadkill

At the LFS they have a drilled, reef ready, 75 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless with stand for $600. The owner said he would go down to $575, since we go there often. He also said he could give us 15-20% off any equipment we need.

The only problem is that I need some sort of hood so my dumb*** cats won't jump in, should I still use the BRS mesh?

Should I even take the deal?

Help!

If you're still debating on clowns i'd vote for Allardis if you want something oddball without being heavy on the pocket. Pretty peaceful (same as a oscellaris etc) and fairly inexpensive with great coloration/pattern

DSCN7004.jpg

llama roadkill

If you're still debating on clowns i'd vote for Allardis if you want something oddball without being heavy on the pocket. Pretty peaceful (same as a oscellaris etc) and fairly inexpensive with great coloration/pattern

DSCN7004.jpg

Cool! I may be wrong, but are you a vendor? Do you sell them?

What do you think about the tank?

I do sell them but I usually don't ship fish. The Allardis are a bit harder to come by but your LFS should be able to get them. They usually retail for about $25-$30 around here so not too shabby.

The tank sounds like a decent deal, it would depend on the material that's used (most likely glass, regular or starphire? thickness? dimensions? overflow? material?).

When it comes down to it, if you like the way it looks then get it = )

The tank is pricey, but will be nice.

For clowns, if you want a larger species that isn't expensive Polymnus clownfish are nice, Seabae (Another member of the saddleback complex) is uncommon but vey pretty. As are black and pearl eye clarkiis.

But these clownfish are usually more aggressive than the smaller skunk, occelaris, and percula species.

llama roadkill
I do sell them but I usually don't ship fish. The Allardis are a bit harder to come by but your LFS should be able to get them. They usually retail for about $25-$30 around here so not too shabby.

The tank sounds like a decent deal, it would depend on the material that's used (most likely glass, regular or starphire? thickness? dimensions? overflow? material?).

When it comes down to it, if you like the way it looks then get it = )

The tank is pricey, but will be nice.

For clowns, if you want a larger species that isn't expensive Polymnus clownfish are nice, Seabae (Another member of the saddleback complex) is uncommon but vey pretty. As are black and pearl eye clarkiis.

But these clownfish are usually more aggressive than the smaller skunk, occelaris, and percula species.

I will add them as options!

Also, is there an easy way to cover a rimless? I hate to take away the whole "cool" factor but I have to. It is made of glass.

llama roadkill
I was making a clear top for my tank. It would be very similar but maybe using clear plastic...

Wouldn't that trap moisture, so more evaporation, while raising the temp?

llama roadkill

Maybe I should hold off...overflow is quite large. Look up the tank on Deep Blue. You will see what I mean...

Wouldn't that trap moisture, so more evaporation, while raising the temp?

No, I mean clear plastic edges for some clear mesh.

llama roadkill

No, I mean clear plastic edges for some clear mesh.

Ok. If you were me would you purchase the tank?

It depends, would you rather have the more expensive but way nicer tank or a cheaper RR tank with more/better equipment?

llama roadkill
It depends, would you rather have the more expensive but way nicer tank or a cheaper RR tank with more/better equipment?

Well, they offer 20% off all equipment if I buy it from them...

llama roadkill
Oh yeah

In that case I would buy it, if they have the equipment.

Great point. I will take a look at their inventory. My mom and I were discussing how it may be better to go with our other route, instead of this tank. Get a Petco tank, add Glass Holes overflow, build custom stand so I can actually fit a 40B, and use lots of coupons!

llama roadkill

I guess I will think about the offer....

For now, though, I want to here your opinions. If you could stock a 75, what would you do? It doesn't have to include any from my list, but I am the type of person who can't decide on ANYTHING, so I want to know what you guys (and gals) would do.

Here's some ideas:

Wrasse dominant tank

Clownfish group/harem (Look at Marvins tank, IIRC he has at least 13 true percs

Large shoal of cardinals

Multiple small groups of dartfish

llama roadkill

I was actually checking those out on LA, but said the minimum tank size was 125. Besides, they like darkness so the only corals that would work would be NPS and maybe Suns. Cool fish, though.

llama roadkill
Here's some ideas:

Wrasse dominant tank

Clownfish group/harem (Look at Marvins tank, IIRC he has at least 13 true percs

Large shoal of cardinals

Multiple small groups of dartfish

I thought you couldn't keep different species wrasse together...I am obviously wrong...

What about a small group of Yellowstriped Cardinals (Ostorhinchus cyanosoma)? Maybe 3 or 5? What would I have to replace?

Archived