jedimasterben

And I've used them a bunch lately seeing as my tank is crashing its ass off

I liked this post for the first part and then unliked it for the second part :(

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steensj2004

I liked this post for the first part and then unliked it for the second part :(

Yeah...... It's pretty bad. And I can't figure out why. Salt was .02-.03 off at 1.022-1.023... Mag was a bit low at 1250, and the temp went a little high. Sigh, sucks.

Your tank is looking bomb though! Love that rabbit fish!

jedimasterben

Your tank is looking bomb though! Love that rabbit fish!

Thanks man! I thought it had jumped on me when I was putting in the sand. It blended in so well with the black overflow that I didn't see it!!

What kind of sand did you go with?

Tropic Eden Grand Select. I have one 30lb bag in there right now, and it's right up to the rim of the tank. The other 30lb bag hasn't showed up yet. This is how this one arrived:

20150511_163738.jpg

Top lifted right up lol

20150511_163757.jpg

That's probably what happened to the other one, but the label probably went with it.

The water is a bit clearer now. All the rocks and such are just piled in because I don't have the other sand bag yet :)

20150512_201544.jpg

jedimasterben

Nice! Had enough of the starboard?

Yep. I like the look of sand much more (and the tank is much brighter to the eye now, to boot), only used the starboard to try and get rid of dinos :)

Yep. I like the look of sand much more (and the tank is much brighter to the eye now, to boot), only used the starboard to try and get rid of dinos :)

Looks good! Ya I like the look of sand better too.

jedimasterben

Looks good! Ya I like the look of sand better too.

Ben,gotta say buddy,I really like your tank. Well played sir.

Thanks!!

jedimasterben

Awesome! Thanks :flower:. She's very pretty! How many cats do you have?

Three, which is really one too many, but I'd have to pry Edgar out of my wife's cold, dead hands :lol:

Three, which is really one too many, but I'd have to pry Edgar out of my wife's cold, dead hands :lol:

She likes him? After he spends 24 hours in YOUR lap? That's a lucky kitty.

jedimasterben

She likes him? After he spends 24 hours in YOUR lap? That's a lucky kitty.

It actually kind of makes her mad that all three cats prefer me and not her :lol:

Hey, I thought you'd also enjoy this article on amino acids and corals/feeding responses:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2015/5/corals

I saw that article a few days ago, it's good but leaves more questions than answers! :D

So my second bag of sand was found and is now in Opa Locka for some reason, about an hour south of where my city's mail is supposed to be sorted. Should be here tomorrow, I guess, unless it decides to go somewhere else first.

The water is a bit clearer now. All the rocks and such are just piled in because I don't have the other sand bag yet :)

20150512_201544.jpg

YES!!!!!!!!So glad you did it ben....looks fantastic.

jedimasterben

YES!!!!!!!!So glad you did it ben....looks fantastic.

And that picture is a turd compared to how it looks in person :D

Once I get the second bag in, settle in on my aquascape (I will probably just try and redo what I had, luckily I know which rock is which and where they connect at since the places where they connected are all bone white :lol:), I'll get some DSLR photos. :)

Oh, and forgot to mention, the Gyres aren't moving the sand at all. Even individual bits resting on the bottom glass aren't going anywhere. :D

Weasel Baron

Looks great dude, any of the coral act up when you added it in?

How do the new test kits match up?

jedimasterben

Looks great dude, any of the coral act up when you added it in?

How do the new test kits match up?

Nope, no change in the corals.

I haven't even used them yet lol.

jedimasterben

Got the other bag today, so I put it in.

20150514_133238.jpg

20150514_133243.jpg

20150514_133247.jpg

So shortly after this photo I went to put this rock back in the tank - the big nem went PLOP right on the floor, it couldn't hold its own weight all filled with water. Spilled EVERYWHERE, and the sound was the most disgusting thing ever lol

20150514_133256.jpg

20150514_133302.jpg

Nem is already reattached though and is starting to puff back up and the clownfish is happy again :)

20150514_151504.jpg

Archived