inTank Media Baskets

Beware the Shallows

jedimasterben

Arkayology

so I would imagine that between then and now it was back to around NSW levels.

You know what assuming does.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

it's grows whiskers in cats, eyelashes in women

latisse_promo.jpg

my well must be laced with it. My wife and all girls that have gotten close enough to me are all jealous of my eyelashes.

Hello Ben, After seeing you're video of 2 gyres I got a second gyre because I was disappointed with the reverse flow of only one gyre (even with opposite rotor installed)

I have them on the RK lite wavemaker timer running at 30 secs each. Do you know if there could be are any issues switching the gyres on and off at this interval?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/348249-my-24-x-25-shallow-cube/#entry5018819

jedimasterben

Hello Ben, After seeing you're video of 2 gyres I got a second gyre because I was disappointed with the reverse flow of only one gyre (even with opposite rotor installed)

I have them on the RK lite wavemaker timer running at 30 secs each. Do you know if there could be are any issues switching the gyres on and off at this interval?

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/348249-my-24-x-25-shallow-cube/#entry5018819

You will want to switch them every few hours. 30 seconds is nowhere near enough time to produce a gyre and have it make an impact.
NanoFever

my well must be laced with it. My wife and all girls that have gotten close enough to me are all jealous of my eyelashes.

Pics or it didn't happen. Lol
jedimasterben

gotcha Thanks :)

No problem :)

I'm jelly that you have a controller to switch them. My mechanical timer situation leads to them both being on at the same time and blowing water out of the tank and I have to clean the glass constantly lol.

Pics or it didn't happen. Lol

:lol:

jedimasterben

Pretty disappointed in Blue Zoo. So first, one of the black/white chromis was breathing very rapidly upon taking it out of the bag (was having trouble swimming, so it went in the sump so it wasn't getting blasted with flow) and the kole tang had a bit missing from the tail and had marks on it like it was beat up by another tang. As of right now, both black/white chromis are gone, I only see one of the blackbar chromis (this one is the sole survivor of the last order), two more were ordered, and the kupang damsel is dead, found its body in the sump. The only survivors are the tang (though it looks very stressed), the two Talbot's damsels (which are beautiful), and the two Starcki's damsels (which aren't as pretty as the previous one).

These deaths couldn't be attributed to the potassium overdose, as that was finished and fully dissolved before they were put in. I really hope the bodies show up for the two blackbar chromis, otherwise blue zoo will not give me credit for them. I'm also going to tell that I would like a Paypal refund instead of store credit, I do not plan on purchasing from them in the future. If they refuse that, should I initiate a claim with Paypal? I don't care if I 'burn the bridge' so to speak with Blue Zoo and have them blacklist my account from future purchases.

What do you guys think?

NorthGaHillbilly

Pretty disappointed in Blue Zoo. So first, one of the black/white chromis was breathing very rapidly upon taking it out of the bag (was having trouble swimming, so it went in the sump so it wasn't getting blasted with flow) and the kole tang had a bit missing from the tail and had marks on it like it was beat up by another tang. As of right now, both black/white chromis are gone, I only see one of the blackbar chromis (this one is the sole survivor of the last order), two more were ordered, and the kupang damsel is dead, found its body in the sump. The only survivors are the tang (though it looks very stressed), the two Talbot's damsels (which are beautiful), and the two Starcki's damsels (which aren't as pretty as the previous one).

These deaths couldn't be attributed to the potassium overdose, as that was finished and fully dissolved before they were put in. I really hope the bodies show up for the two blackbar chromis, otherwise blue zoo will not give me credit for them. I'm also going to tell that I would like a Paypal refund instead of store credit, I do not plan on purchasing from them in the future. If they refuse that, should I initiate a claim with Paypal? I don't care if I 'burn the bridge' so to speak with Blue Zoo and have them blacklist my account from future purchases.

What do you guys think?

The K issue might give you some trouble in making your claim to them, but paypal would likely refund you, unrelated to if BZ has to pay them

What do you guys think?

Live Aquaria dude. Fourteen day guarantee and you don't get the runaround.

jedimasterben

So some point last night my skimmer cup filled all the way up. I should have emptied it yesterday when I noticed it was filling up, but I zonked out in my computer chair last night watching The Walking Dead (which is very odd for me, I wasn't tired, and I NEVER fall asleep when I'm not in bed) and when I woke up and went to bed around midnight, I just left it. Well, it filled up, which pushed some skimmate back into the water, which caused the skimmer to go nuts from the large change in organics, which caused it to push more skimmate out, which caused it to overflow more... you get the idea. So i woke up to the return pump gurgling, as the skimmer is near the edge of the sump and so water was dripping out into the stand. Thankfully wasn't much more than a gallon or two, the stand can hold several, but I'll have to remember sometime this week to add a few gallons of saltwater for topoff.

jedimasterben

Also, my purple tilefish I got a couple of weeks ago seems to be doing well, despite being a 'sand' tilefish in a barebottom tank. It doesn't ever look stressed, eats as soon as he sees the food floating around (and lots of it!), but is either very dumb or incredibly trusting of strange hands in the tank lol. I was cleaning the glass yesterday and it kept chilling out around my fingers, and even let me sort of pick it up and it was ok with it. :wacko:

jedimasterben

Look at the pigments in these maxis. The blue on top was so faded it was difficult to see the blue, and the tiny green one was completely white.

IMG_1829.jpg

This one has been so faded for so long that I'd forgotten how bright it is.

IMG_1832.jpg

And the purple tilefish because purple.

IMG_1841.jpg

Really, really hope this one isn't as good at escaping as the previous one was.

eitallent

Wow! I love it. The colors on the Maxis are intense.

Dat fish! :wub:

This tank is simply elegant. Super.

ReefWeeds

Look at the pigments in these maxis. The blue on top was so faded it was difficult to see the blue, and the tiny green one was completely white.

IMG_1829.jpg

This one has been so faded for so long that I'd forgotten how bright it is.

IMG_1832.jpg

And the purple tilefish because purple.

IMG_1841.jpg

Really, really hope this one isn't as good at escaping as the previous one was.

Wow, those colors are awesome!

jedimasterben

Probably asleep at home in the same spot as she was when I left this morning lol

NirvanaandTool

Dat tilefish. Awesome color.

Skimmer overflows suck - been through that a few times. That's why I picked up a skimmate collector to turn the thing off when it's full. Cleaning up that mess after an overflow in a tight sump/stand is no fun.

FWIW both my brother and I never had any luck with BZA fish. I stick with mostly DD fish now.

Archived