Innovative Marine Aquariums

4.5 gallon Trimmadise

Reef Fever

Pictures never do coral nor tanks any justice !!! But they sure do a good job though lol. Any advice on trying to keep sps in a pico/nano tank ?!

Like I said,I'm trying to set up a pico with about 4-5 types of birdsnest. I'm waiting on a guy here locally to email me back about picking up 2 boostled par30.

use high quality salt and do 40-60% water changes weekly. That along with good flow and you'll be golden
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

damn parazoanthus are overtaking the pipeorgan, the anthelia is on the move and this xenia that sprouted out of a rock one day is needing a big trimming

post-80072-0-29291000-1381127897_thumb.jpg

post-80072-0-07322100-1381127904_thumb.jpg

post-80072-0-96021500-1381127915_thumb.jpg

post-80072-0-05241000-1381127922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got some serious coral warfare goin on. It's an Sps battlefield, had to remove my A. Plana because the Mille was encroaching on it and the plana was starting to loose tissue at the base (not like necrosis, that looks entirely different). Luckily it broke off easily and I was able to move it to the frag system. I also have a tricolor that has a massive base that has begun to encroach on an unifentified acro, it will probably take it over as removing the weaker one is near impossible. My Mille which was taking over the plana seems to be harmonious with the red planet. Their bases are touching but it looks like a stalemate as no one is showing any damage or dominance. Lastly I had some Xenia I had to majorly thin out as that shit is just everywhere lol

Where the hell did you get T.tevegae? I spent a good 3 months trying to hunt down a trio with out success. Tank looks awesome, encroaching SPS is one of the few good problems I can think of off hand.

I say you just turn this thing into a sps dominant tank !!!!!
I would but I'd need new live rock! They are all covered in coral it'd be a pain to cut everything off lol

Where the hell did you get T.tevegae? I spent a good 3 months trying to hunt down a trio with out success. Tank looks awesome, encroaching SPS is one of the few good problems I can think of off hand.
I do aquarium maintenance so I had one of my suppliers track them down, took about 4 months to finally get them in my possession. I only have one left, I posted this earlier but I believe I had two males and the dominant took the other out :/ appreciate the compliments as I agree!

I would but I'd need new live rock! They are all covered in coral it'd be a pain to cut everything off lol I do aquarium maintenance so I had one of my suppliers track them down, took about 4 months to finally get them in my possession. I only have one left, I posted this earlier but I believe I had two males and the dominant took the other out :/ appreciate the compliments as I agree!

..have another 4 months to spare by chance? I need...11...no no...5...

Sorry to hear about your male issues. I thought they where a rather laid back fish, territory wise.

..have another 4 months to spare by chance? I need...11...no no...5...

Sorry to hear about your male issues. I thought they where a rather laid back fish, territory wise.

Lol I no longer use the supplier who got them originally but am working on gettin another place too, if you want I will let you know if I can get a hold of them again, be forwarned they arent good shippers. I originally order 7, out of those 7 I had 4 DOA. 1 didnt take to prepped foods leaving me with 2 eventually. They say you cant tell the sex of them but I believe there is a way. the dorsals on what i believe are males are "sharp" where the females dorsals are rounded. The two I had left stayed fairly close to one another but occasionally one would jolt towards the other aggressively. Otherwise when the female who didnt eat was in there there was always what I believed to be a M/F pair side by side

Lol I no longer use the supplier who got them originally but am working on gettin another place too, if you want I will let you know if I can get a hold of them again, be forwarned they arent good shippers. I originally order 7, out of those 7 I had 4 DOA. 1 didnt take to prepped foods leaving me with 2 eventually. They say you cant tell the sex of them but I believe there is a way. the dorsals on what i believe are males are "sharp" where the females dorsals are rounded. The two I had left stayed fairly close to one another but occasionally one would jolt towards the other aggressively. Otherwise when the female who didnt eat was in there there was always what I believed to be a M/F pair side by side

I'm just sayin'

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/301087-any-one-with-trimma-tevegae-experience/

Lost touch with the guy bringing them in. I can get working on a first born son, if that's what you need.

It sucks that they ship so poorly. Sounds like A.Parvulus all over again...still, worth it. Hows your lone survivor holding up? Or the SPS you've grown too well?

I'm just sayin'

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/301087-any-one-with-trimma-tevegae-experience/

Lost touch with the guy bringing them in. I can get working on a first born son, if that's what you need.

It sucks that they ship so poorly. Sounds like A.Parvulus all over again...still, worth it. Hows your lone survivor holding up? Or the SPS you've grown too well?

too funny i think i actually read your ad awhile back before i joined NR when i was researching where to get them if my place fell through. I will definitely keep you in the loop if i find more, may experiment with captive breeding if i can get enough lol lone wolf is good, he seems to be a bit more skittish without the other but for the most part knows when its food time haha. just posted an SPS pic, prior to your post actually!

I just noticed. Very well, Id say. My Ponape is a weed, too. Not up to my Digiata's level, but still fast.

If you could, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll stick around any way. The tank looks incredible, with or with out the elusive Trimma.

I just noticed. Very well, Id say. My Ponape is a weed, too. Not up to my Digiata's level, but still fast.

If you could, I'd appreciate it. If not, I'll stick around any way. The tank looks incredible, with or with out the elusive Trimma.

ill do what I can, I myself want another for this tank regardless, ones cool but 2 was better, there was always at least one out in the open

It doesn't hurt that you know how to photograph it all so well. That's excellent work, everything looks immaculate.

Thanks! im still getting the hang of shooting under LEDs so sometimes it takes me a couple tries :P

Have you looked into the cadlights zen tanks ? They're low iron and have a bunch if different sizes. Pretty cheap too !!! The tank is looking phenomenal as always though !!!

I was about to set up the 2.5 that I pm'd you about,but I was derimming it and cracked it lol...

Have you looked into the cadlights zen tanks ? They're low iron and have a bunch if different sizes. Pretty cheap too !!! The tank is looking phenomenal as always though !!!

I was about to set up the 2.5 that I pm'd you about,but I was derimming it and cracked it lol...

I haven't looked at em, I try to not look at tanks so I don't end up wanting another lol. Thanks for the kind words! That sucks about the 2.5 did you get something to replace it?

I don't blame you. They're sexy,it's hard not to want one. Especially for the price. Not yet,I'm debating if I want to snag one of their 5 gallon low iron tanks so I can at least have neon goby or a Sharknose goby in it.

I don't blame you. They're sexy,it's hard not to want one. Especially for the price. Not yet,I'm debating if I want to snag one of their 5 gallon low iron tanks so I can at least have neon goby or a Sharknose goby in it.

I would do the 5, pico tanks are neat but without a fish they can be kind of boring IMO

That's what I'm think. Inverts aren't good enough. You think maybe 2 neon gobies or something would be the limits for a 5 gallon ?
that'd be good or two other very small goby species, Trimma, eviota or something along those lines. I do have a wheelers in here that is happy and healthy. Just gotta make sure there is plenty of hiding spaces if there are multiple fish

Archived