SaltCritters.com

4.5 gallon Trimmadise

Reef Fever

Deleted User 4

because they are a supplier of mine (I manage an aquarium maintenance company). As far as my guy said they are no longer taking on custom jobs. plus their turn around on custom tanks right now is just too long (60 days)

Ohhh, I didn't know you managed an aquarium maintenance company lolol. Takes them 60 days to finish a custom tank?? Wow ahah. Ok, sure. Well, I'm kinda low on cash right now ($150-200)....lol. So perhaps I should wait? I would like a shallow tank, actually I prefer less gallons, like a 18g long. Ask them how much will it cost to do a 24 x 12 x 12?? And that comes with the sump/stand? Thanks.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh, I didn't know you managed an aquarium maintenance company lolol. Takes them 60 days to finish a custom tank?? Wow ahah. Ok, sure. Well, I'm kinda low on cash right now ($150-200)....lol. So perhaps I should wait? I would like a shallow tank, actually I prefer less gallons, like a 18g long. Ask them how much will it cost to do a 24 x 12 x 12?? And that comes with the sump/stand? Thanks.

yea because how it works is that the actual manufacturer is in china. they pound out their "cookie cutter" tanks day in and day out. when someone orders something custom they have to reset machines and what not to make custom cuts. then assembly, then it has to take the boat ride over from china and then hopefully the container the custom tank is in doesnt get randomly selected by customs for inspection lol

Deleted User 4

yea because how it works is that the actual manufacturer is in china. they pound out their "cookie cutter" tanks day in and day out. when someone orders something custom they have to reset machines and what not to make custom cuts. then assembly, then it has to take the boat ride over from china and then hopefully the container the custom tank is in doesnt get randomly selected by customs for inspection lol

Oh I see....lol. 60days is way too long though.. I had to wait for Chris at picOaquariums to finish my shallow picO III build and I grew out of patience in just the 1 month it took to finish....lol.

Oh I see....lol. 60days is way too long though.. I had to wait for Chris at picOaquariums to finish my shallow picO III build and I grew out of patience in just the 1 month it took to finish....lol.

trust me i know...lol but in the end it was worth the wait

anyone wanna guess what this is? :P

Almost looks like a baby anemone shrimp.

I laughed when I saw your stocking list, for future reference, don't put "pods" "asterinas" "bristleworms" etc on it, it makes you look like a scrub.

Almost looks like a baby anemone shrimp.

I laughed when I saw your stocking list, for future reference, don't put "pods" "asterinas" "bristleworms" etc on it, it makes you look like a scrub.

its a baby cleaner shrimp

trust me, im far from a scrub. I was making a joke by adding those. been in the hobby for a LONG time. even watched my dad doing it groing up

• 2 weeks later...

They have such short life spans :tears:

I dont think it was a lifespan thing, although it very well could have been. I hadn't even had him an entire year. I believe they live about 2 maybe a little longer.

What I believe to be the case was that I had two males. I had a larger group at one point but only 2 weaned onto frozen quick enough. however in the time i had more than two i noticed the dorsal fin shape was different amongst some of them. I believe I could tell the difference between male or female. So ultimately the two I had left displayed the male pattern and occasionally would show aggression towards one another. I did start noticing one was VERY plump and the other not skinny but not like the other. Ultimately Mr. tubby goby is the one remaining. I remain skeptical whether or not he had anything to do with the others disappearance.

whatever the cause its a total bummer and these trimmas are very difficult to find

I'm sorry to hear about that. They're such a great centerpiece to your tank!

Aren't these fish prone to changing their gender? (although I can't recall exactly where I read that at the moment) Or if they are, maybe it's a one-way change?

I'm sorry to hear about that. They're such a great centerpiece to your tank!

Aren't these fish prone to changing their gender? (although I can't recall exactly where I read that at the moment) Or if they are, maybe it's a one-way change?

you know im not positive, but I dont believe these particular species are hermaphroditic. if they are I believe it is one way like to said, once male they dont revert. They have been together long enough that if this was a possibility there would have been signs of it I would imagine

I really need to follow this tank,I've literally been looking for it for 2 days lol. This tank just keeps surprising me and making me want to set mine up even more. I really want to do a all birdsnest tank !!! I love them for some reason.

Looking phenomenal man,kudos !!!

I really need to follow this tank,I've literally been looking for it for 2 days lol. This tank just keeps surprising me and making me want to set mine up even more. I really want to do a all birdsnest tank !!! I love them for some reason.

Looking phenomenal man,kudos !!!

thanks! Happy to have you follow! I really need to start taking more pics of the tank. I know it's a common thing to say this tank isn't justified by pics but it really isn't. Might try and make a little vid soon to try and show all the little things and the movement not captured in photos

Pictures never do coral nor tanks any justice !!! But they sure do a good job though lol. Any advice on trying to keep sps in a pico/nano tank ?!

Like I said,I'm trying to set up a pico with about 4-5 types of birdsnest. I'm waiting on a guy here locally to email me back about picking up 2 boostled par30.

Archived