Coral Vue Hydros

Aqueon Evolve Master Thread.

dtitus1

Unfortunately I've done everything that's been suggested or has worked in every forum thread, YouTube video or review. Filter floss, sponges, moving it around. Not touching the walls. All of it. It runs perfectly silent in a sump tank where there is space around it but in the back chamber everything shakes and rattles. I will email aqueon and see what they say but at this point I'm lost for ideas. I think the tank just isn't rigid/stable enough to not rattle with the pump running. I'm starting to look at other ways of doing this, like a canister or HOB but I really don't want to. Super dissapointed.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe try running the pump for a little longer to let it break in.

Ive had mine for over a year and it does the same. Tried everything ive seen suggested, also tried shorter and longer tube, position of the pump,etc. No joy.

streamline.by.design

Thank you. I love these tanks. Can't wait to move and set up a larger system, but these will be running in one way or another.

i have a vid of mine on here somewhere, check it out, or search for lionfishmodels on youtube, its a great system and i love it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having kept freshwater planted tanks for a number of years, I finally have been bitten by the reef bug. I was stoked to see so many folks have Evo's up and running on this forum. I hope to yet another one of you very soon as I have the Evo8, but I'm still in the research phase before setting it up.

I've read this entire thread, I'm curious to know if any of you have updates on your systems or recommendations for substrate?

Having kept freshwater planted tanks for a number of years, I finally have been bitten by the reef bug. I was stoked to see so many folks have Evo's up and running on this forum. I hope to yet another one of you very soon as I have the Evo8, but I'm still in the research phase before setting it up.

I've read this entire thread, I'm curious to know if any of you have updates on your systems or recommendations for substrate?

dont get anything really fine, my system was great, i recently upgraded and so the evo is cleaned out for now, ill stay active here to help others

Thanks for the input, tetraodon! I've been reading the forums that very thing, the finer the sand the more apt it is to blow around the tank. I've been looking at Caribsea aragamax select or their Caribbean puka substrate? Have you had any experience with either? Anyone else?

Also, there was some back and forth with respects to lighting in many of the threads: upgrading the light with either the beamswork's ultra reef LED clip lamp or par30 with a gooseneck? Any thoughts?

Thanks for the input, tetraodon! I've been reading the forums that very thing, the finer the sand the more apt it is to blow around the tank. I've been looking at Caribsea aragamax select or their Caribbean puka substrate? Have you had any experience with either? Anyone else? Also, there was some back and forth with respects to lighting in many of the threads: upgrading the light with either the beamswork's ultra reef LED clip lamp or par30 with a gooseneck? Any thoughts?

well my recent experiance with is caribsea was i got bryopsis from it, so id say use cation, as for the light, youll get lots of different answers, i used a wave point light with really good results, ive never worked with beamsworks, but i use par30s over my combo sump right now. for par30/38 lights id go to coral compulsion, but take a look at reefbreeders, they have par30 and nano fixtures, the biggest issue with lights is what you want to do with the tank

streamline.by.design

I recently put a dual T5ho setup on mine and the corals went crazy. Good crazy. That was an upgrade from a beamworks, which did the trick for softies just fine.

erinelainerobertson

Would love advice about a replacement pump. Just got back from 2 week vacation and found shrimp and fish dead. Snails are still alive. Temp was fine but water barely moving. Cleaned the pump out and it is moving things a bit but still seems very weak. We have a FOWLR tank but I would like to have coral eventually. Don't want to spend a lot. Our tank is 2 years old and that was the pump that came with it. What pump would you recommend?

Thanks,

Erin

erinelainerobertson

OK after looking over the thread I am leaning toward the Rio 800 but see some complain it is too noisy.

My aqueon 8 drilled and plumbed as a display fuge next to my DT. This was after trimming but there's a bunch of different macros with a DIY full spectrum light that grows them ridiculously fast. I've had numerous things in here from Bengai cardinals, 2 different mantis, arrow crab and some other stuff. Thinking of adding a arrow again to watch eat the bristle worms lol.

D5F5C3A7-D43D-490E-BD69-3DFF95B7E9C1_zps

famousdan314
My aqueon 8 drilled and plumbed as a display fuge next to my DT. This was after trimming but there's a bunch of different macros with a DIY full spectrum light that grows them ridiculously fast. I've had numerous things in here from Bengai cardinals, 2 different mantis, arrow crab and some other stuff. Thinking of adding a arrow again to watch eat the bristle worms lol. http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/skubasti/media/D5F5C3A7-D43D-490E-BD69-3DFF95B7E9C1_zps4jpsbhof.jpg.html'>D5F5C3A7-D43D-490E-BD69-3DFF95B7E9C1_zps

Would love to see some pics of the setup with the DT. I have my AE8 sitting empty In the garage and I'm curious how to do something similar for my JBJ30. I really like the idea of having a nice refugium with macros.

• 2 weeks later...
mechishark7

Would love advice about a replacement pump. Just got back from 2 week vacation and found shrimp and fish dead. Snails are still alive. Temp was fine but water barely moving. Cleaned the pump out and it is moving things a bit but still seems very weak. We have a FOWLR tank but I would like to have coral eventually. Don't want to spend a lot. Our tank is 2 years old and that was the pump that came with it. What pump would you recommend?

Thanks,

Erin

I just replaced the stock pump in my evolve 2 with a hydor pico pump, they're tiny but put out and are silent, I have the 200gph model for my tank, they look huge in pictures on hydors website but they are tiny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic

Archived