Innovative Marine Aquariums

NUVO 16

x3thelast

thats awesome! hope the pico is doing good! :D

all the mod consist of is adding an airline hose into the silencer essentially moving the intake away from the salt creep.

I know some people have had pretty good results with this skimmer, but on a tank it was designed to work on why isnt it working perfectly!?!?!

I would give IM a call and talk with Steve. I haven't introduced the skimmer to my tank yet, but Steve told me in the past to call before I do, so he could share a few "tricks" with me...I'd try touching base with him, if you haven't already.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give IM a call and talk with Steve. I haven't introduced the skimmer to my tank yet, but Steve told me in the past to call before I do, so he could share a few "tricks" with me...I'd try touching base with him, if you haven't already.

ill just wait til you do. please do post the "tricks" lol

• 3 weeks later...

Finally added the Spire Pacific Breeze (Tunze Aquawind) fan.

Works like a charm and saved some SERIOUS $$$.

Also added a Sixline wrasse to pick off some pests and the booming pod population.

I must say the Borbonius and Sixline are getting along very well. No conflicts durring feeding time what so ever.

Ive also gotten rid of all the SPS that are on their last limb, going to get more LPS/Softies when I return from my trip.

• 1 month later...

ill just wait til you do. please do post the "tricks" lol

P.S. Page 3 of my tank's thread has a post with my IM skimmer experiences to date...some of it may be helpful.

• 4 weeks later...

Came back from a short overseas deployment...

ALL my SPS are dead, and my maxima clam too :(

My wife did what she could as far as feeding and maintenance but she just doesnt have the same OCD attention to detail as I do.

The tank was full of nasty bubble algae and long hair algae.

Pruned and pulled most of it off but the mossy stuff on the rocks were not going anywhere, so I called in the big guns...Mexican Turbos!

1 week later and the tank is back to where it was before I left [minus all the sps :( ]

Ive come to a decision to just do mainly softies and LPS at this time, as I have a 4-6 month deployment in the coming months...

As far as the rest of my livestock goes...

the Borbonius Anthias is FAT and eats like a pig still.

the Sixline is ALSO FAT and eats like a pig too.

(since ive only been feeding both elos pellets their colors are super vibrant)

the Yellow Spotted Goby looks the same lol.

All my zoas,gsp,mushrooms,rics,gorg grew.

and surprisingly my gonipora is STILL alive and well :)

I HOPE EVERYONES TANK IS DOING BETTER :D

Deleted User 4

Sorry to hear. Softies and lps aren't too bad imo.

You should get a jawbreaker mushroom and let it take over the whole tank.

Then you can sell babies for $150 each easily.

842473295_47EF4-L_zps65250901.jpg

Sorry to hear. Softies and lps aren't too bad imo.

You should get a jawbreaker mushroom and let it take over the whole tank.

Then you can sell babies for $150 each easily.

842473295_47EF4-L_zps65250901.jpg

holy buckets of jeezus. i want it to taste like a super starburst lol.

Sorry to hear about your losses, everything was looking great :(.

thanks. i know it was slowly taking off, then bam DEATH. ah the military life isnt very forgiving when it comes to this hobby :/

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Marine Depot

damn flatworms...

8844555307_c158351009_b.jpg

Hey,

I am currently working on an article that highlights amazing innovative marine nuvo aquariums. I love your tank and was wondering if we could use your tank and give you credit for all your hard work. If you have any more front pictures please post them. Let me know, thank you!

Cameron6796

Lol I haven't heard from this guy^^^ forever his thread kinda died so I hope he replies to you

Archived