Top Shelf Aquatics

NUVO 16

x3thelast

Just watched the video finally and your tank doesn't make much of a waterfall noise. My tank must have a higher fall from the overflow to the water level in the rear chamber. I really need to get me a mini max reactor. I also wish I could afford a dosing system like yours. All your equipment is sweet man.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched the video finally and your tank doesn't make much of a waterfall noise. My tank must have a higher fall from the overflow to the water level in the rear chamber. I really need to get me a mini max reactor. I also wish I could afford a dosing system like yours. All your equipment is sweet man.

Lol. The equiptment took ALOT of taking my wife out to dinner and buttering her up lol.

Lol. The equiptment took ALOT of taking my wife out to dinner and buttering her up lol.

I try that approach but my wife has it figured out and just plays along lol. Hey what filter media are you running again? You mentioned a po4x4 or something like that.

That Anthias is awesome man! Nice tank :)

Thanks! Trying to murder some Aefw right now :(

I try that approach but my wife has it figured out and just plays along lol. Hey what filter media are you running again? You mentioned a po4x4 or something like that.

Lol. I just tell her everything is on sale. Haha. Same goes for car and gun parts lol.

Media: seachem's matrix carbon and reef interest's po4x4. They're both designed to be tumbled. Ease your system into po4x4 because its REALLY strong and will suck up all the nutrients too fast if you're not careful.

• 2 weeks later...

AEFW decimated my red/pink millie (two frags out of a whole colony)

Gold dust millie bit the dust.

Yellow acro hanging on.

my phosphates are a bit higher than I like at the moment and is growing little GHA tumbleweeds on the substrate.

Going to cut back on the zeo foods.

Keep dosing FWS daily 1mL dose.

STILL supplementing nightly with PHYTO.

Thats about it, gotta save money for an air suspension set up for the audi :wizard:

Very great build loving the anthia and clams what audi do you have love those cars

thanks! we've got an a3 3.2 quattro :) love it.

Keep dipping!

im all dipped out :/

i havent seen anymore lately tho... *fingers crossed*

im all dipped out :/

i havent seen anymore lately tho... *fingers crossed*

Keep dipping :)

of the car or the tank? lol

Both! Can't go wrong with cars and tanks! I wish that I had the money to bag my 2011 wrx but looks like I'll just be lowering it a bit.

Lol tank

its full of micro bubbles from the skimmer break-in period right meow.

Both! Can't go wrong with cars and tanks! I wish that I had the money to bag my 2011 wrx but looks like I'll just be lowering it a bit.

is that the sedan or hot hatch?

i WAS going to just get coilovers and call it a day, but came to mind my wife driving it...lol bags on the stock height for her, wheel tuckin for me :)

its full of micro bubbles from the skimmer break-in period right meow.

is that the sedan or hot hatch?

i WAS going to just get coilovers and call it a day, but came to mind my wife driving it...lol bags on the stock height for her, wheel tuckin for me :)

I actually got the sedan this time around. It was more or less my wifes decision but at the time I didn't have much of a choice since my car was the only one in colorado at the time.I used to have a 2006 wrx wagon that was lowered and sweet but that thing was a curse, we got rear ended in it 3 times!

I actually got the sedan this time around. It was more or less my wifes decision but at the time I didn't have much of a choice since my car was the only one in colorado at the time.I used to have a 2006 wrx wagon that was lowered and sweet but that thing was a curse, we got rear ended in it 3 times!

jeez! well i hope this one lasts longer, crappy drivers in colorado?

4 days into the break-in of the IM SkimMate.

woke up to a water filled collection cup. I did the airline mod so i KNOW for a fact thats not the cause, so it HAD to be the sponge filter...

With the sponge removed its now a bubble blizzard in the DT, with bubbles forming under SPS branches :(

anyone got any suggestions on tuning this thing? did your microbubbles go down atleast?

woke up to a water filled collection cup. I did the airline mod so i KNOW for a fact thats not the cause, so it HAD to be the sponge filter...

With the sponge removed its now a bubble blizzard in the DT, with bubbles forming under SPS branches :(

anyone got any suggestions on tuning this thing? did your microbubbles go down atleast?

my skimmer has been working flawlessy since I added the airline. have you pulled the skimmer all the way out and cleaned everything? The only other place that can get kind of clogged is where the airline from the air valve is where it connects to the pump. Does that make any sense?

Kingsley (Ned)

I have used the nuvo skimmer in my nuvo 16 for about 4 months now and still can't get rid of the microbubbles. The storm goes away after a day whenever I end up draining the back compartment but I still get a noticeable amount of microbubbles in the tank.

What airline mod are you refering to?

Also, great tank and your pico inspired me to make a 1.5g office tank

I have used the nuvo skimmer in my nuvo 16 for about 4 months now and still can't get rid of the microbubbles. The storm goes away after a day whenever I end up draining the back compartment but I still get a noticeable amount of microbubbles in the tank.

What airline mod are you refering to?

Also, great tank and your pico inspired me to make a 1.5g office tank

thats awesome! hope the pico is doing good! :D

all the mod consist of is adding an airline hose into the silencer essentially moving the intake away from the salt creep.

I know some people have had pretty good results with this skimmer, but on a tank it was designed to work on why isnt it working perfectly!?!?!

Archived