Cultivated Reef

NUVO 16

x3thelast

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
x3thelast

Sweet tank, although the anthias will eventually get too large :(

Thanks, and I know. But this wont be my final tank, then again Ive never met anyone who hasnt upgraded to eventually reach their FINAL "DREAM" tank lol :)

x3thelast

LFS trip tomorrow. Checking out the 30% off sale. Bringing my financial advisor (aka the wife) we'll see if I come back with anything. :)

Kfmmartin19

dayyyyum, u kept an anthias in a 5?? U badass, u...

This tank is so sexy

What happened to all the other fish u had in ur 5g? I thought I saw a chromis and clownfish and maybe more. Did u have a sump for that tank? And does this one have a sump?

Oh and how do u care for the anthias?

Subscribed to thread. :)

x3thelast

That anthias....is one ravishing fish.

It's pretty awesome. It got me with the sick Mohawk. Even better is that my wife likes it's colors and spots. Haha. Win win for me.

x3thelast

dayyyyum, u kept an anthias in a 5?? U badass, u...

This tank is so sexy

What happened to all the other fish u had in ur 5g? I thought I saw a chromis and clownfish and maybe more. Did u have a sump for that tank? And does this one have a sump?

Oh and how do u care for the anthias?

Subscribed to thread. :)

Lol. Thanks. I only kept the borb in the 5 for about a month. Then the wife bought me a bigger tank. I sold the clown and chromis before I got the anthias, I just got bored with them & everyone has them already.

And nope none of my tanks has sumps. They all have been all in one tanks. I wish I had room for a sump...

as far as care...I had to spot feed it when I first got it in for about a month. Now it swims about looking for food so it's very active. It now eats out of my hand and im starting to feed it pellets as well.

This guy is very hardy. I know they've been nicknamed the pig once you get it full acclimated and eating. Lol

x3thelast

I hate to be the 1st one to break it to you, but a few of your sps branches are bleaching.

Lol yea I know. It's from running ULNS in the 5 gallon. I guess it was so clean I was starving my sps -_- now trying to find the sweet spot.

Deleted User 4

Yea man. Working on it.

On another note. I picked up another acro :)

Already? At least have the patience to recover the other acros before you....

jk lol

x3thelast

Already? At least have the patience to recover the other acros before you....

jk lol

Haha. Can't man gotta fill it up lol. Last one for awhile. Gotta finish my drift car.

Kfmmartin19

Lol. Thanks. I only kept the borb in the 5 for about a month. Then the wife bought me a bigger tank. I sold the clown and chromis before I got the anthias, I just got bored with them & everyone has them already.

And nope none of my tanks has sumps. They all have been all in one tanks. I wish I had room for a sump...

as far as care...I had to spot feed it when I first got it in for about a month. Now it swims about looking for food so it's very active. It now eats out of my hand and im starting to feed it pellets as well.

This guy is very hardy. I know they've been nicknamed the pig once you get it full acclimated and eating. Lol

Dang, the fact that u do all this without a sump is pretty impressive. How many times a day do u feed the anthias? I've been thinking about a Sunburst or something for my 30 gallon. More pics of everything please!!

Oh also do u think the TV stunner helps with coral color or growth?

x3thelast

Dang, the fact that u do all this without a sump is pretty impressive. How many times a day do u feed the anthias? I've been thinking about a Sunburst or something for my 30 gallon. More pics of everything please!!Oh also do u think the TV stunner helps with coral color or growth?

I feed em twice a day. Sometimes three. Honestly it's all do-able as long as you've got good husbandry schedule and good nutrient export.

I notice my colors pop more with the TV stunners. Can't really see it on the pictures tho.

Jackal_Knight

nice upgrade did you add anymore rock of is that all from your 5 gallon? and your fish is gorgeous.

x3thelast
nice upgrade did you add anymore rock of is that all from your 5 gallon? and your fish is gorgeous.

Thank you. Nope that's all the rocks. I'm gunna run it with minimal rocks aside from what ever comes attached to the frags I get.

Archived