Coral Vue Hydros

My 6 yr old son's first tank Nuvo 16

gqjeff

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its official... a 6 year old has a better set up and corals than i do... ahahah your an awesome father! With me and my dad it's the other way around. I'm 18 and trying to get my dad in the hobby as he was always interested in salt water but never got himself started with one. Now that i've been doing it for a while he's considering starting one up himself :)

I have always had luck forcing them into the nems using my hands in the tank. Then they have always hosted. Never had that fail 1 time in over 22 yrs of reef keeping.

I have always had luck forcing them into the nems using my hands in the tank. Then they have always hosted. Never had that fail 1 time in over 22 yrs of reef keeping.

Could you elaborate on how you force them in with your hands? I don't have a nem, but I do have a huge toadstool and a decent sized torch that I'd like my clowns to host. I'm also going to try the ridiculous "tape a picture of a clown hosting to the glass" trick, baiting them in with food, and shining a flashlight on the target host at night (I hear they're attracted to the light).

Simple put hands in tank and make the clown go in the nem. As soon as they realize what's up they will host if it's a compatible clown/anemone

wow this tank is boss! some day when i have a child i hope to set something up similar to this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This tank absolutely kills it! That is one lucky little dude. Such a fun hobby to share with a kid. I am doing the same right now but he is still a bit too young to understand and help. One day.

The board is glowing because of the blue led transom lights. It puts a nice blue halo in the water. Looks sweet!!! Thanks man he's a great kid!

Here are a few pics showing the led transom lights.

6F7B4C3D-39F4-48A8-9AD3-B81A023D7B87_zps

C7A8D67C-94BA-4BE4-8820-DFBE77AD3B21_zps

7A1CFF16-5658-4805-81E8-2B564010CB85_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Archived