Pod Your Reef

'picOrdea' by ZROGST [Ricordea florida Species Tank]

BadCrab

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much heavier dusting throughout sandbed and starting on liverocks. I'll try to get a good picture up later. Ran cycle tests again: (I plan on investing in some Hanna Checkers in a few months - as it turns out I'm not great at reading these color charts)

SG: 1.025
pH: 8.0-8.1
Ammonia: 0-0.15
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0-2ppm

How soon should I wait before adding a snail?

Much heavier dusting throughout sandbed and starting on liverocks. I'll try to get a good picture up later. Ran cycle tests again: (I plan on investing in some Hanna Checkers in a few months - as it turns out I'm not great at reading these color charts)

SG: 1.025

pH: 8.0-8.1

Ammonia: 0-0.15

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0-2ppm

How soon should I wait before adding a snail?

when your tank Is cycled and u have something for them to eat. Snails don't eat diatoms. Very minimalistic scape!

Fo realz.

A snail would die in my tank even though it's cycled and ready for corals. No algae here. Every cycle is different though. I never had/have an algae bloom :huh:

Fo realz.

A snail would die in my tank even though it's cycled and ready for corals. No algae here. Every cycle is different though. I never had/have an algae bloom :huh:

Aside from diatoms, you shouldn't have one because you have nothing producing nutrients. Unless your feeding the rock. ;)

Go to Sleep is way past your bed time!

no kidding! I'm sick from my sunburn and frankly exhausted. why are YOU awake? lol

no kidding! I'm sick from my sunburn and frankly exhausted. why are YOU awake? lol
Im diging up my Koi pond cant sleep till im done, but realy im trying to fix a broken pipe a tree root did.

Yeah, almost 5:30AM there. Just waiting on my little siblings over in Rhode Island to wake up so I can have a little talk with them before they go to school.

Yeah, almost 5:30AM there. Just waiting on my little siblings over in Rhode Island to wake up so I can have a little talk with them before they go to school.
That is nice of you! I was diging up my pond since there was a serious leak , found out a tree root busted a return line so I had to re dig the whole side back up to fix. Neighbor calls me and tells me "Art I know your fish could live in the upper pond for a few more days so I could help you tomorrow can we go to sleep now".. Sorry Craig ill go inside now.

Well Well .. Im not up late but Nickle over there sure is it must be like 5 over on her coast.

yeahhh, I have insomnia so I'm just on catching up with everyone's tanks to further fuel my excitement about going to the swfmas conference Saturday morning. (so I can get ideas on what to possibly add to my tank...)

yeahhh, I have insomnia so I'm just on catching up with everyone's tanks to further fuel my excitement about going to the swfmas conference Saturday morning. (so I can get ideas on what to possibly add to my tank...)

You should go to sleep. Before you do so, how's the sunrise looking? My little siblings are off to get breakfast then school now.

You should go to sleep. Before you do so, how's the sunrise looking? My little siblings are off to get breakfast then school now.
Wake up now.. Yup neighbor already woke me up with " day lights are burning Lets get this pond dug up". Now got to take him to cowgirls to eat.

I'll try to get some later today, after some water tests. I did a big clean yesterday and a water change - I think I'm getting close to livestock. I am still too scared of drilling into the ceiling to mount the Nano :P

when your tank Is cycled and u have something for them to eat. Snails don't eat diatoms. Very minimalistic scape!

Uh, IIRC some snails do.

The terrible mounting arm included with the AI Nano actually does fit over the thick back lip (combination of glass tank wall and acrylic insert wall) BUT the center compartment houses the media basket and bio baffle and the Nano's arm isn't secure unless they are taken out. Here's a blurry dark cellphone picture to give you an idea:

8G4Tcwi.jpg?2

I figure I get enough spread with it on the right. I have ordered the hanging kit it should be here Tuesday.

Well, I ordered the nano and its accompanying crappy mounting arm for my PicO...I have no option hang it from the ceiling. Any way around the media basket issue other than mounting it on the side of the tank?

I don't think the problem exists with the PicO II, just the PicO I S as far as I know. So you should be ok if you have no other mounting options. Conduit, 80/20 extruded aluminum, and a host of other successful DIY or modded mounting fixtures are out there on the internet though if you hate the included mount.

To be fair, even with the PicO I S the Nano provides great spread being mounted offcenter to the right as it is now. I kind of like the asymmetry and its easier to work in the tank.

Archived