Top Shelf Aquatics

Once In A Life-time Nano!!!

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want one PLLLEEAASSEEE. Ill pay ya.

I know your busy in school-- but work is kicking my butt lately.

Im a MedTech at our State University and weve been real busy-- not to mention my honeydue list since the weather is fixen to finally cool off some. Thanks to two hurricanes back to back-- my pool looks like a catfish pound--lol.

If all parts come in at end of week-- LFS and I gonna tear down my tank into a cooler then mod the pluming.

Rio 2100-- SCWD-- Y with flair/round + 6 inch locline flex ball.

bye bye PH and let the flow begin :)

Got class tonight with Rottie-- advanced obidence to work towards her CGC....

Let me know if you have time-- if not gonna try to make it to HD sometime this week to get some materials to make baffle.

Izzue

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

??? they need to be placed in a servicable location... if you look back at some of the first posts i did a 3D model of a plumbing design that incorporated a swcd, it didn't really work with hard plumbing... and even with vinyl tubing you would have to place the swcd outside of the tank, tossing out the closed system design... f somone can find me a site that sells polyester resin (weld-on) let me know and i will buy some and try to make a few.. they probably won't be too flashy but they should get the job done... the top tray will be removable and the bottom tray will be what holds it together... the box will fit over that support peice in the back of the sump that held the old rain trays in place.. this could take a couple trys to get the design right i have a feeling it's not that simple to quiet it down and provide even distribution over the media... any thoughts?

BHP

I wasnt serious about the duck tape-- just a little southern Humor hehehe....

Im not to sure what Im gonna do about the noise until I get the SCWD installed-- gonna depend on how the flex tubing is run to try to center SCWD-- then Ill see what kind of room I have left to install some kinda of baffle. Probably will just use some kind of sponge to cusion water fall at 1st.

Izzue

BHP

Do you know if Methylene Chloride is reef safe. I called a local Acrylic shop just to check on what they had and how they bonded their acyrlic and that is what they use-- didnt know if it was reef safe.

Doesnt sound to safe to me ????

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

It's polyester resin... after it has cured and is flushed with water it is just as if the resin was part of the acrylic in the first place... think of it as welding acrylic... so yes, i'm sure it's fine... Chloride does not mean chlorine...

If I make baffles out of the acrylic, I'm just going to use regular super glue.

I got a powerhead in my tank blowing across the substrate in the front to get rid of some cyano. It seems to be working. I think I may have to upgrade the AquaVia.

...and I just save a lot of money on invertibrates by switching to Seacrop. Have you guys checked that site out?

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

You should be able to sand those baffles so that they don't need to be glued... the only thing they are holding back is the bubbles... I ordered Weld-On 16 and 4 a couple days ago...

Update:

Tank plummed-- not exactly what I had in mind but it will do the job

Really pushing the overflow to its limits-- may even have to drill out another slit in overflow so I can unchoke the return pump.

Ended up going with Rio 2500 (782 gph)-- TO SCWD--To two returns with Y locline. Noise from sump side with skimmer to pump side--NOT an issue... due to keeping the water level way high on pump side and the volume coming over the partition is like a solid water fall... it does not make any noise :

Have only done fresh water test--- Will restock and setup tonight with pics and update-- wish me luck :P

Izzue

Ya BABY------Flow

So far so good-- no water on the floor

Took me about 3 hours to swap over. Got a nice mess of buckets

and cooler to clean after work today -- then Ill get more pics and get them posted this evening.

Only problem I see so far is the overflow along with my little Citron goby-- if he gets close to the overflow, in the sump he goes--lol

Izzue

izzue, that's an awesome setup. How did you go from an empty tank to one full of life already? Or did you just wait awhile before posting all your pictures? That looks so good! I'm envious. I still have to think of a snazzy way to plumb my SCWD.

by the way, this is my first time posting on this thread. If you guys want, checkout my m-tank setup linked in my signature and below, it'd be great to get feedback from you m-tank masters:

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...20&pagenumber=1

Archived