Coral Vue Hydros

HOB 40 Breeder***Update 5/6.... New Growth Pics!

Roshan8768

It's really shaded, so maybe they would work. If anything I would be concerned about too little light. I think my tank has way too much flow the way it's set up right now. I'm trying to figure out a good pump configuration... Maybe just 1 pump in the back left corner plus the AC110... all my corals look a lot better when they're not getting blasted

That works for a while but then the algae moves in IME. I suppose that's why some of the more expensive pumps have idle periods, so you can enjoy how everything looks with less flow for a little while.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That works for a while but then the algae moves in IME. I suppose that's why some of the more expensive pumps have idle periods, so you can enjoy how everything looks with less flow for a little while.

That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe I need to pick up an RW-8.... Still waiting on Hydor to send me my new pumps. Maybe I can sell the Koralias and put the $$ towards a new pump. I would get an MP10, but I hear they're loud

That actually makes a lot of sense. Maybe I need to pick up an RW-8.... Still waiting on Hydor to send me my new pumps. Maybe I can sell the Koralias and put the $$ towards a new pump. I would get an MP10, but I hear they're loud

It's touch and go with the MP10. I have mine on my 29 and at full speed it's a whiner while the MP40 right next to it on the larger tank sounds really nice at full speed. Kind of like 4 cylinder engines vs 8. :) I mainly use mine for the battery backup. Both the MP10 and one of my MP40's are connected to the battery.

I run the MP10 in lagoonal mode so at times the flow is pretty intense and other times nice and slow. It's really helped reduce some of the hair algae, or at least slow it down enough that my thin stripe hermits can keep it mowed down.

It's touch and go with the MP10. I have mine on my 29 and at full speed it's a whiner while the MP40 right next to it on the larger tank sounds really nice at full speed. Kind of like 4 cylinder engines vs 8. :) I mainly use mine for the battery backup. Both the MP10 and one of my MP40's are connected to the battery.

I run the MP10 in lagoonal mode so at times the flow is pretty intense and other times nice and slow. It's really helped reduce some of the hair algae, or at least slow it down enough that my thin stripe hermits can keep it mowed down.

Yeah... if anything I would be able to afford a good deal on a used MP10. Any MP40 is going to fall outside the student budget haha... I've heard the same thing about running the pumps at full speed vs. 50% and the correlating reduction in noise.

I have no algae in my tank?? Other than coralline and the film on the glass No idea how with my bioload and feeding/water change schedule. One of the many mysteries with my tank. As of now the tank is growing zoas though, which it has never previously done fingerscrossed .

Thinking about picking up 2 of these: http://www.marinedepot.com/Adjustable_Flow-Tunze-TZ1331-FIPHAD-vi.html

I don't have a controller, but I believe the voltage can be adjusted on the power supply manually. For the price it seems a steal. Will it be too much flow?

Uh, it says they are dirt cheap, buy it NOW for $15?? Is this some kind of crazy mistake? They must have meant $150.

Yeah, I think I'm going to buy it and ask questions later lol. That's what I thought as well

Uh, it says they are dirt cheap, buy it NOW for $15?? Is this some kind of crazy mistake? They must have meant $150.

Maybe you want to pick some up as well haha

True, but this seems like a mistake that may cost someone their job... Kinda hate to take advantage knowing that might be the case.

True. Hopefully that doesn't happen. Most likely an item code error or something. There is a new version of this model that just came out though, so they may just be clearing out all their old stock of this model. Although I wouldn't have marked it down this much- at the end of the day, someone is going to take advantage of it.

Ah, so it requires a controller?

No it doesn't. I believe you can manually adjust the voltage on the power supply to a percentage (flow level) that you like. However, you can do some seriously cool stuff with these pumps if you have an apex (or buy the add on for the Reefkeeper controller) or get TUNZEs controller

Price back up to $273.99. I think they can cancel the order if that was an honest mistake, which I would not object too.

Saw that.

Went back to pick up a couple more. Nope.

No shipping notification as of yet, no email from MD

Ya just checked and mine has been cancelled as well. Meh, no biggie. They were also kind enough to offer it at a more discounted rate than the original sale was supposed to be at. Makes you wonder how far along in the process they got before realizing the mistake.

Archived