Cultivated Reef

HOB 40 Breeder***Update 5/6.... New Growth Pics!

Roshan8768

Mistakes happen. It would have been a real steal if they had honored the sale. I think they're being very generous with the options they've given us, so props to Marine Depot

Soo... what exactly is the question?

If Hydor is replacing your koralia pumps why not use those?

Sorry if it was unclear... I was just wondering if the TUNZE pumps would be too much flow as mentioned in my original post on the topic. I feel like for the $ I paid for the Hydor pumps they should last longer than the 3 years that they have before having to be sent back to them for repairs. At the same time, I'm glad that they are honoring their warranty. I just saw a good deal on the pumps and jumped on it. Totally unrelated to my current situation with the Koralias

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay gotcha. Wow your koralias only lasted 3 years? I'm not exactly sure how long I've had mine but they seem to be pretty reliable..

Glad Hydor is taking care of you though. I think that for now the Koralias are probably your best bet... And in the coming 3 years that these ones last (hopefully longer tho) you can save up for another option. I've heard good things about the Tunze, but they're just too expensive so I've never considered them. I would love an MP10, but again I'm on a budget.

MP10s are too loud. So are the Jebaos or I would consider them as well. That leaves just the Tunze's... they're really good quality pumps and most importantly dead silent. If and when I upgrade I'll most likely be getting a Tunze

You know, factoring in the cost of Reefkeeper pump controllers, it wasnt such a great deal.

Ill just save up a little more and get the Maxspect Gyres, which I wanted in the first place. It would gave been 3 extra electrical cords in the tank.

Ha

You know, factoring in the cost of Reefkeeper pump controllers, it wasnt such a great deal.

Ill just save up a little more and get the Maxspect Gyres, which I wanted in the first place. It would gave been 3 extra electrical cords in the tank.

Ha

I like the gyre as well, but it's too pricy for how loud it is and it has no battery back up option wither

Ha! After all the talk about wave action pumps, I get home and notice that the pumps I have in there have a smallstanding wave going! It goes from the front to the back of the tank vs sided to side. I'll put up a video soon

Tank is looking good, and I have mounted the zoas as planned. Also drumroll... I now have a DSLR to shoot with. I'm still learning, but this is so much better than shooting with a phone. I will have a video up soon as well for those of you who care :D

DSC_0019_004_zps3015dbea.jpg

DSC_0016_005_zps86d2fb47.jpg

DSC_0021_006_zps347646ba.jpg

what type of xenia is that?

It's regular pulsing xenia. It's morphed a little and is more silverish at the top of the tank under higher light.

Noice vid!!! Makes me want to get more motion in my tank.

Thanks! It's nice, but hopefully I can start to keep some LPS alive. Will be trying some tester frags come January

So I upped the feeding a little bit because I was concerned that the yellow tang wasn't getting enough food. Naturally this increased the nutrient load, so I have upped my water change schedule to compensate after initially messing around with vinegar dosing for the last 2 weeks. I picked up a candy cane coral that was pretty pissed off for the first 2-3 days, but appears to be a lot happier now in a lower light location. I will try to have some pics up soon!

Tank is looking good! :)

Thanks!

Picked up some vitamin c and lugol's. Vitamin C for the yellow tang, and Lugol's to boost the soft coral growth

Nice 40B and videos. Gotta love DSLR cameras. I love mine.

Nice pics too!

Thanks! I'll have some more pics up soon, still working on figuring out how to get the best results with the new camera

In other news, I broke down my 2.5 gallon pico today and moved over all the live rock and corals that were in there to this tank omgomgomg Tank is still pretty cloudy, but hopefully I will have some pics up soon. Scape' looks a little different now -_-

We have some nasty weather for sure this weekend... supposedly it's 39, but this wind and rain is making it feel like 32. Definitely a stay indoors type of day

Wow.... that took me a while, but here are some pics!

So I have noticed that my tang may have had a little hlle when I picked him up a couple months ago. He hasnt improved much, but he hasnt got much worse either. I have upped feeding and am offering nori more often. I am also dosing the tankwith vitamin C as of this week and so far things are going well. To early to tell, but I think some of the scarring looks a little less noticeable. Thoughts?

DSC_0049_zps0b39d245.jpg

DSC_0058_zpsadbad679.jpg

In other news, the mandarin is somehow still alive in my tank after almost a whole year. Clearly my tank has enough pods to support him as well as my damsel and fairy wrasse who all often hunt pods together as a pack.

DSC_0055_zpsf839a1bb.jpg

DSC_0053_zps5eb127f7.jpg

Archived