SaltCritters.com

RealReefs' Evolve 8

RealReefs

Just got my scape set up and started. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the Ledtric PAR30. I have been planning on ordering the same bulb before adding coral.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice, my PAR30 should be here soon and I talked to Mike in his LEDTRiC Sponser Former and he answered all the questions I had. Go check it out or ask him some questions if you are still unsure about something!

What are you using as a mount? I am still trying to convince my wife that a "pendant" style light will look good. Can you post some pics of the tank with light attached when you have it in so I can show her what to expect? She likes your set-up.

My Evo8 just cleared up this morning. I am trying to keep an updated build thread going.

Have you had any issues with having the wrasse and clown as far as bio-load? She wants a fire fish, so of course that is a must. I wanted to also keep a small yellow clown goby, but have had several NR members vote against keeping both. How has your bio-load been with two medium sized swimmers?

I will post pictures for sure when I get the bulb in, but I am going to use a lamp instead of a pendant because I'm not going to drill into my ceiling. I do prefer the look of a pendant fixture though. And as far as my bio-load is concerned, my fish and corals are very healthy with my daily feeding and weekly waterchanges. I actually had a yellow clown goby and a firefish for a long time. I did my water change wrong though, and killed the clown goby and my firefish jumped last month. It was a great fish though. Personally, I think you should be completely fine with a firefish and yellow clown goby. Just be true to your water changes. And I clean my glass with my old school ID.

What do you mean when you say you did your water change wrong? Did you just neglect changes, or was it your process?

I look forward to seeing your tank mature. My tank has cleared. Check out my pics in my forum and let me know what you think of the scape.

I forgot to add Prime By: Seachem into my mixed saltwater before I added it to the display. I use tap water so, the Prime helps take out chlorine and other trace elements that kill my good bacteria population, thus nitrites and ammonia rise, killing the fish. Sad day. :(

That is very sad to hear. I have been using distilled water in Picos for years. Just never could pull the plug on a RO/DI system. I also run a 10g planted tank that has done well for several years, but it can take tap water with chlorine treatment. My first Pico I used LFS water without testing and ran into a large number of problems from low SG to high Nitrates.

My wife was happy to hear about your experience with both the firefish and clown goby. Looking forward to seeing your experience with the PAR 30.

Yeah I just recieved the PAR30 today! I tryed it for a few seconds over the tank, and everything looked absolutely amazing! I was just testing it though, because I have to go do something first before I can get it all ready to go. Can't wait! I will have pictures up either late tonight or tomorrow! :D

Yeah I'm loving the light, my corals look great! I just haven't had the time to put up any pictures. Plus I don't have it mounted very well right now, so once I get the lamp I want, (which will be soon) I will upload lots of pictures of the tank and its new light! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry about the lack in uploads lately, I have been very busy the past couple weeks. But, I'm going to start getting back into Nano Reef again! I just did a water change last night and everything is looking great today. All of my corals have responded to the new LEDTRiC PAR30 terrifically! They all have great coloration and they are all completely open and loving life! I will probably have pictures uptomorrow. You guys finally get to see my new Acropora! I think it is a Red Planet, but you guys can help me figure that out. Thanks for still checking on my thread and keep an eye out for lots of cool stuff on my thread soon! :)

blankminded

Awesome set up. I love my LEDTRIC PAR38 on my AE8! I was thinking about going with the PAR30 but ended up going with the PAR38

Awesome set up. I love my LEDTRIC PAR38 on my AE8! I was thinking about going with the PAR30 but ended up going with the PAR38

Thanks a lot! I was thinking about the PAR38 too, but I thought it would be overkill for how low I would have the bulb because I didn't want to drill into my ceiling. My PAR30 works great though and really makes my corals pop, it also saved me a few bucks! Lol :P

Rather than attaching the image directly in nano-reef, use photobucket and copy over the image. See the photography forum.

PS. Since you have stated success with the Ledtric PAR30, I went ahead and ordered the TwentyK to try Ledtric out myself. Mike was really helpful and included some extra optics for me to test out. I look forward to seeing your new tank shots.

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys want a good option for mounting your bulbs build a nice art deco shelf over your tank. I did it for my ledtric bulbs over my 20 long and I think that's what I'll do to put a gu-10 cluster over my Evolve 4.

The number of these tanks that are popping up on here right now is pretty sweet, I think we should start a thread for them so we can talk about mods and stuff all in one place. You know I think I'm gonna do that right now actually if I can figure out what forum we should do it on.

Sounds sweet I will check out that thread when it is up and tangov I am not using any additional flow other than the stock pump. Thanks for checking out my thread! Now if I can get some new pictures up... :P

I put the thread up in the All In One forum. Yeah man can't wait to see what you've done, I just added some coral and a hermit crab tonight and everything is looking good.

Nice, dtitius I will have to check your tank and the thread out! And tangov, I dont know how to. I'm sorry. I have some scratches too but, they don't bother me because I am just focused on the stuff inside the tank. Lol

Archived