inTank Media Baskets

RealReefs' Evolve 8

RealReefs

Lots of pictures will be uploaded tonight! You will get to see my two additions as well! :D Any suggestions for names for my new Sixline Wrasse or Ocellaris? :P lol

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I came up with some names today! My clown is going to be known as Nike and my wrasse is named Spazz because he is always swimmin in and out of my rocks and won't stay still for pictures! Lol What do you guys think?! :o

I read what someone else wrote in a a forum abt bleaching- it could be due to light change from what the store lighting system to what you have- maybe it wasn't acclimated enough- they suggested move the coral down and shade it with a few layers of window screen, removing a layer each week. I'm only going by what I read. My tank is only 5 days old. I also read someone say if there was a part that wasn't bleached then frag it and make another. Someone else said it might encrust over the bleached part and become new again. Wish I had a better answer myself.

i'm copying this from someone else's post from like 2007- could be a lot of variables.

"a coral will bleach if the tempature is too high, too low, too much light, not enough light, stuff like that.
to bring it back, you must do the keep everything stable, if the temp is too high, then you must lower it a little.
for LPS and SPS, i heard usual feeding really helps, stuff like shrimp or cyclopeeze".

Yeah I know its bummer though we will just have to see what happens. That wasn't my most favorite coral either so I am sad if I loose it. It didnt have the greatest colors too. Oh well.

Here are some sneak peeks of my new build! I only have the 29 gallon and the 20 long sump right now with my protein skimmer and heater. Slowly, but surely it will be set up. I have to get some money for the rest. Lol There is also a picture of my planted tank for any of the freshys. It is just a 10 gallon set up in my room.

post-78729-0-05863900-1362114939_thumb.jpg

post-78729-0-24171900-1362114940_thumb.jpg

post-78729-0-79808400-1362114940_thumb.jpg

post-78729-0-32594800-1362114941_thumb.jpg

Probably a few more fish and its gonna be packed full of sps corals at the top with a few maxima clams at the bottom and some softlys and lps. I'm so excited to get it up and running! omgomgomg

Yeah haha it sucks though today my acropora and my birdsnest bleached! My phospates are 0, my nitrates are 0, my ph is 7.9, my calcium is at 320 a little low, and my alkalinity is at 12 dkh. I don't know whats wrong! :( I'm about to do a water change and I will tell you what happens.

that sucks, i know coral will bleach when the water isnt just right, id double check the temp too, and maybe try and find out how much light they were under and replicate that.

Well I have had them for a couple months now so I don't know what happened and my temp is constant at 76-78 degrees. :unsure:

nice, i do 1/2 to 3/4s of a gallon a week, seams to work well, but i do get some slime algae, though i dont see the point in investing in an R/O device for just a gallon a week

Yea I agree, although my tap water is very pure and has no phosphates after I mix in the salt and my water purifier(Prime).

Archived