Coral Vue Hydros

RealReefs' Evolve 8

RealReefs

Yupp good news my Sixline just had sand on him! No ich :D Yay and my Acropora an my Stylophora are getting noticible better! Woohoo!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I picked up a light blue and green echinata and a yellow-green millipora today from the LFS! They are really nice little 1/2 inch frags. I will post some pictures when they stop sliming and the polyps start to extend! :D

nice so i was able to get some better pictures so i hope to get a thread going soon, but my other hobby has taken me for a contest

I will! Don't worry they will be up soon! :o

tank looks good! how's that clam doing?

The clam is doing good! He is nice and open, but I moved him up in the rockwork and hopefully he does even better with the extra light! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am setting up an evo8 this weekend. I read through your post and like your set up. Have you done any lighting mods? I cannot tell form the pictures. What are you running in the back other than the heater?

I am thinking of going with a PAR30 but have no idea about optics needed. My current fixture will have the bulb pretty close to the tank so I think a PAR38 would be way overkill.

Keep the pics coming!!

The only light mod I have done is I took a standard 10 gallon Compact Flourescent and changed the two bulbs to 50/50 bulbs. It has done a great job, but I am probably going to be getting a PAR38 soon. I just want to see if I can pull some greater color from my corals, especially my SPS! Also, I have done no filtration mods, all I run in the back is the heater and standard filter pad. I do about at 15%-20% water change every week. Also, make sure you keep up on your water top-offs that is key. But, thanks for checking out my thread! :D

I picked up a new acropora frag the other day that is doing great! I will have some pictures of it posted, so you guys can help me identify it. I believe it looks a lot like a greened-out Red Planet, but the LFS didn't know what it was for sure. It looks very healthy with good polyp extension and it has maintained its color! But, I ordered a PAR30 bulb from LEDTRiC that will for sure bring the best out of my corals! I can't wait for! :D

Archived