Cultivated Reef

Biocube 14 build.(and so it begins)New pics 2/10/2014 pg9

DVaDeR77

Just moved to a new house and man was that a chore, the move was almost an hour away but took almost 2 and a half due to traffic. Took about 2 hours to set back up almost same rock scape no sand yet pick up some figi pink letting it sit to get to room temp and going to add slowly over the next few days. Every thing seems to be doing ok as of right now.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I noticed this morning that my RBTA has split and now I have two how ever they are balled up and have not opened at all, is this normal after a split.

Should I do a 1 or 2 gallon water change and I have yet to add any sand back to to system too much going on today. Thanks for the fast reply Reeftech.

Splits can be a normal process that happens in a healthy environment, but can also be triggered by stress. Make sure that your water parameters are looking good. If you need to to a water change, then I would.

So its been a week since i moved into my new house, My bta split they seem to be doing fine now one stayed in its spot the other has moved. I bought new live sand fiji pink. how do i go about adding it to my tank. Do i add it all at once slowly of course or a few cups a day over the next few days till i get the sand bed how i want it.

So if you're just adding more sand, I'd probably add no more than 1/8" a day (to avoid burying the sand critters living on/near the surface).

there is no sand in the tank at all except for a dusting not even 2 soda cap full left over from the tank move so all new sand bed is going in.

Oh, so feel free to do it all at once. Get a 1 to 1 1/2" PVC pipe and pour it in the tube. You can direct it into the areas that you want it.

The other method would be to remove your livestock and add the sand, let it clear until you can see the back of the tank, then move the livestock back in.

Be prepared for a diatom bloom. It's no big deal, but you can expect one with a new sand bed.

Added about a pound or so of sand and now the tank is cloudy as **ll so I'll hold back for a day or too and add a little more till I get to the thickness I want.

I'll have some up tomorrow night. Meant to do it this evening but the wife wanted to do the Xmas tree so I had to dig it out of the garage. Yay for me. Not! Anyway pics tomorrow.

Sorry guys no pics just got home long day at work 3 hour drive home lots of traffic and lights already out on the tank and phone bat dead.

Well picked up a mp10 es used yesterday for 150, got it set up tonight for night mode( that was a PITA) set for lagoon mode think I like that setting a little better than the reef crest set at 40% I think. In place left side towards the front a bit.

• 1 month later...

Picked up a YWG over the weekend to get a friend for my Tiger pistol that I get to replace that demon blue leg I had and within 30 min of hitting the tank they paired up and started diggin. I'd had the tiger for about two weeks and have seen him only once until Sunday now he is out all the time. Coolest thing I've seen he's like a bull Doser in water. I'll get some pics up tonight if I can.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived