Pod Your Reef

My Custom PicO

Mstefa1

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully not the floor. ;)

LOL, will it be similar to my setup? I ask because you stated you won't have a sump. I'd love to hear more ;)

LOL, will it be similar to my setup? I ask because you stated you won't have a sump. I'd love to hear more ;)

Oh the anticipation!

Let's hope the snow storm doesn't get to it.

To answer your question, no it's not like yours and no sump as it is an AIO. My plan was for a center overflow with dual return nozzles... That is dual pumps which I choose a pair of Cobalt MJ600s not just a "T" off one pump. The overflow ended up being redesigned probably because too much return flow so now I got dual overflow intakes. You better cut me in on your floss deal JDH!

I'm very impressed by the design and can't wait to see it in action. I don't want a Koralia in the tank and seeing as how I've never pulled the trigger on an MP10 for my other tank I'm not sure if I'll get one here. But we will see. A controller will probably come first as I love my Apex on my other tank. I've also considered putting the MJ600s on timers (or controller) to alternate the flow. Not fast switching every minute like my Koralia does but my old digital timers will switch 20 times in a 24hr period so that would mimic alternating flow. But this may play games with my ATO too. I will probably just leave both pumps on 24x7 and see if this is enough flow.

To answer your question, no it's not like yours and no sump as it is an AIO. My plan was for a center overflow with dual return nozzles... That is dual pumps which I choose a pair of Cobalt MJ600s not just a "T" off one pump. The overflow ended up being redesigned probably because too much return flow so now I got dual overflow intakes. You better cut me in on your floss deal JDH!

I'm very impressed by the design and can't wait to see it in action. I don't want a Koralia in the tank and seeing as how I've never pulled the trigger on an MP10 for my other tank I'm not sure if I'll get one here. But we will see. A controller will probably come first as I love my Apex on my other tank. I've also considered putting the MJ600s on timers (or controller) to alternate the flow. Not fast switching every minute like my Koralia does but my old digital timers will switch 20 times in a 24hr period so that would mimic alternating flow. But this may play games with my ATO too. I will probably just leave both pumps on 24x7 and see if this is enough flow.

Oooooh that sounds good. Haha no "deal" for the floss per-say, Still cheaper than my LFS though! I can't wait to see some pics when you get this tank; Don't hold out on us!

If both tanks are in the same area of your home, you should be able to use the existing Apex to control both right?

Correct as I currently have an Apex lite, but that would involve running an extremely long USB cable and the only company I know that makes one runs about $50 for the cable. Then I would need an EB8 (or EB4) as well as a PM1 (or PM2) for temperature control plus buying the temp probe. Clearly that would end up costing more then an Apex JR. The only thing with buying a JR is that I would need another wireless adapter but I could run cat5 if I wanted but I just wont.

Oooooh that sounds good. Haha no "deal" for the floss per-say, Still cheaper than my LFS though! I can't wait to see some pics when you get this tank; Don't hold out on us!

I'm eagerly waiting for UPS to update with the delivery date. How long did yours take to ship? I'd love to have it in my hands on Monday but I don't know the shipping speed or if the storm will have any affect even though the weather isn't bad in my area.

I'm eagerly waiting for UPS to update with the delivery date. How long did yours take to ship? I'd love to have it in my hands on Monday but I don't know the shipping speed or if the storm will have any affect even though the weather isn't bad in my area.

It took a total of 5 calendar days, which is amazing considering i'm in Canada! How long has it been for you so far?

It took a total of 5 calendar days, which is amazing considering i'm in Canada! How long has it been for you so far?

Got the tracking # yesterday, supposed to ship today. I'm in PA near the East coast.

Got the tracking # yesterday, supposed to ship today. I'm in PA near the East coast.

I would guess you should probably get it by mid next week. I realize there is some weather issues though, but IME that doesn't have that much of an effect on the shipping as people think. How servere is this storm?

I would guess you should probably get it by mid next week. I realize there is some weather issues though, but IME that doesn't have that much of an effect on the shipping as people think. How servere is this storm?

Didn't even get a flurry!

It will arrive on Monday - perfect timing!

Didn't even get a flurry!

It will arrive on Monday - perfect timing!

Thats awesome! Looking forward to photos :P

Debating how much live rock I should go for. I have 20lbs in my 24g. I was thinking ~10lbs in this tank which should be around 15g. Probably go with smaller pieces that I can epoxy together. How much dry rock did you put in your 10g?

It wouldn't register on my scale at home, but if I had to guess, it was probably somewhere around about 6-7lbs

It wouldn't register on my scale at home, but if I had to guess, it was probably somewhere around about 7-8lbs

Ok, thanks.

In the future, weight yourself. Then pick up the object and weight yourself again holding the object in your hands. ;)

Ok, thanks.

In the future, weight yourself. Then pick up the object and weight yourself again holding the object in your hands. ;)

Hah, didn't even think to do that. I just roughly figured it out because I was sent three large peices or rock (fairly equal size) totaling 25lbs from BRS. I used one peice for the scape and have two left over and some "rubble" (about a medium baggie full)

LOL, Sounds lke the first part to an Elementary Problem Solving question :P

Correct as I currently have an Apex lite, but that would involve running an extremely long USB cable and the only company I know that makes one runs about $50 for the cable. Then I would need an EB8 (or EB4) as well as a PM1 (or PM2) for temperature control plus buying the temp probe. Clearly that would end up costing more then an Apex JR. The only thing with buying a JR is that I would need another wireless adapter but I could run cat5 if I wanted but I just wont.

Did you look on Monoprice.com for USB cable? Not sure how long you need, but def the cheapest prices

Did you look on Monoprice.com for USB cable? Not sure how long you need, but def the cheapest prices

no but do they sell 50'?

Can't you just splice multiple usb cables together?

Can't you just splice multiple usb cables together?

I could but I won't for the same reason I won't connect 5 extension cords together. The cable needs to be rated for the load and the distance. Not to mention that we are sending data here and I'd rather not deal with signal loss.

A PM1, EB4, & Temp probe costs about $235. Not including the long USB cable needed to connect it to my lite.

A complete Apex jr is only $219. So unless you are telling me that the Apex jr is crap compared to the Apex lite then it's a no brainer to me.

Nice choice on the Apex. That would be my choice as well.

I have to agree; the super-long USB cable probably wouldn't suffice for data streaming.

2dl3rwo.png

Archived