Top Shelf Aquatics

40B Box O' Rocks

Acielot

What happened to the thread name?

FFXIII happened. See below.

"When a fal'Cie takes a human to be one of its l'Cie servants, that person is given a Focus to be completed. Should the l'Cie fail to fulfill this Focus before his or her brand advances to its final stage, that l'Cie becomes a Cie'th.

Mired in eternal sorrow and regret, and robbed of all free will, Cie'th are damned to wander the world unliving and undying, until their corrupted flesh at last can move no more. For Cie'th, there is no salvation."

Though it was accurate description of my relationship with my reef tank. :lol:

One of my hermits is trying to host the maxi mini. It has been sitting around the edges of the nem. I am waiting to see it get eaten. But the other hermits like to crawl over everything. :closedeyes:

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. I had one(or maybe more than one. But never more than one at once...) that kept going in the ziplock with the maxi clones, but of course, it couldn't get back out. Drove me nuts.

Have you seen the nems eat anything you didn't feed them? So far all I've seen with mine are micro brittle stars and shrimp sheds.

Not really, my nems are well behaved in that manner. My sisters little nem eats hermit molts and bristle worms but it doesn't grab anything else that I know of. It's probably why my pod population is nonexistent. As for the maxi mini and LTA they only eat Mysis and pink shrimp although they occasionally catch the fish pellets.

What kind of nem does she have? I know the LTA was hers, but I didn't realize she had another(BTW, was the LTA in the pico? :blink: )

What kind of nem does she have? I know the LTA was hers, but I didn't realize she had another(BTW, was the LTA in the pico? :blink: )

The LTA is mine and it always was. Its been in the 20 the entire time. The anemone below is what hers is; they are also the ones you can find at Ponce Inlet/ New Smyrna Dunes. Not sure of a name though.

3045237702_e52e3073bc_z.jpg?zz=1

Lorna Doone. :huh:

New Smyrna Dunes is a beach with large sand dunes. What's Lorna Doone? You are showing your age Kat :lol:

In other news I woke up this morning to see the BTA rolling around after it crawled into the sand and got picked up by the current. I placed it in a low flow area so hopefully it attaches and doesn't bleach like the LTA did. My other latest addition to the tank was a serpent star to help add some clean up power and movement. My hermits and it do not get along very well. :rolleyes:

Well the BTA doesn't look so hot. It has a gaping mouth al the tentacles are deflated and it looks like the hermits were picking at it a little bit. But It still has all its color if that is any consolation. The LTA wasn't even this bad when it was put in. <_< I put the little guy on the frag rack between 2 pieces of rubble so hopefully it attaches and starts to heal.

The LTA is mine and it always was. Its been in the 20 the entire time. The anemone below is what hers is; they are also the ones you can find at Ponce Inlet/ New Smyrna Dunes. Not sure of a name though.

3045237702_e52e3073bc_z.jpg?zz=1

:huh: Don't know what I was thinking of then...too much other stuff rattling around in my head right now I guess!

I'm sorry about the GBTA! But the sexy is cute! FTS?? :DB)

:huh: Don't know what I was thinking of then...too much other stuff rattling around in my head right now I guess!

Haha I would have to be crazy to put my baby in her tank. She is lucky to even have the sexy shrimp. The only reason it is in there is because the other one was eaten by something in my tank.

I'm sorry about the GBTA! But the sexy is cute! FTS?? :DB)

I'll have another updated one tonight. I haven't found my camera charger yet.

Haha I would have to be crazy to put my baby in her tank. She is lucky to even have the sexy shrimp. The only reason it is in there is because the other one was eaten by something in my tank.

I'll have another updated one tonight. I haven't found my camera charger yet.

*something*? any idea what? and you make it sound like the tank is a black hole. which i happen to know it's not. white hole, maybe. but i painted it myself :P

cool! still waiting to see that black clown..and the frogspawn B)

*something*? any idea what? and you make it sound like the tank is a black hole. which i happen to know it's not. white hole, maybe. but i painted it myself :P

cool! still waiting to see that black clown..and the frogspawn B)

Most likely the pink spotted goby since he had his eyes on them since they went in the tank. They were brave little shrimp but stupid to wander in his territory.

here is your tank.

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesb2012/media/DSCN0569_zpsd1034c33.jpg.html'>DSCN0569_zpsd1034c33.jpg

For some reason the zoas in the middle like that tank better than my 20. I took a few polyps and they shriveled away. :tears: But they are just peachy in there

Video of ninja crab. I finally saw her again and had the camera at hand.

http://i1311.photobucket.com/albums/s662/jamesb2012/DSCN0641_zps5ed5a4ba.mp4'>th_DSCN0641_zps5ed5a4ba.jpg

FTS 4/19/13

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesb2012/media/DSCN0637_zpse50f645d.jpg.html'>DSCN0637_zpse50f645d.jpg

Annas frogspawn. I took this pic at night so it isn't fully inflated.

http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesb2012/media/DSCN0636_zpsc929d732.jpg.html'>DSCN0636_zpsc929d732.jpg

The LTA looking noticeably less white but the green tint doesn't show up http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/jamesb2012/media/DSCN0634_zps2ddef8a8.jpg.html'>DSCN0634_zps2ddef8a8.jpg

Ignore all the patches of algae they haven't spread, in fact they are slowly diminishing, but I am too lazy to get it out myself and the snails are not much help.

Nice! That maxi is getting huge!

Its funny about the zoas(bummer, for you, but...) I put some green flame palys from my 12 gallon that spread like wildfire in there into that tank, and they turned brown, the 'lashes' shriveled up...they didn't grown at all(probably because I didn't want to pony up for decent lights and was hoping the PCs were throwing enough energy to heat the water=no heater either). Funny that It happened the other way around this time!

I like the red shroom...but where's the new clown? Hiding? I see yours sleeps like mine did...upside down, in the corner :lol::rolleyes:

Video uploaded as a photo, try posting just the link.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf" flashvars="file=http:%2F%2Fvid1311.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fs662%2Fjamesb2012%2FDSCN0641_zps5ed5a4ba.mp4">

Better? Not sure how that happened in the first place.

Nice! That maxi is getting huge!

Yeah that sucker has grown quite a bit. I might be tempted to cut it when the upgrade happens.

Its funny about the zoas(bummer, for you, but...) I put some green flame palys from my 12 gallon that spread like wildfire in there into that tank, and they turned brown, the 'lashes' shriveled up...they didn't grown at all(probably because I didn't want to pony up for decent lights and was hoping the PCs were throwing enough energy to heat the water=no heater either). Funny that It happened the other way around this time!

Yeah that pico has a small 50/50 PC on it right now. Zoas and gsp grow fine under it.

I like the red shroom...but where's the new clown? Hiding? I see yours sleeps like mine did...upside down, in the corner :lol::rolleyes:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/67581_608511175845179_96013299_n.jpg

There they are. I really have no idea where my fish go to sleep at night except for Florence because she always sleeps in that corner. Otherwise I check around the tank to make sure that they haven't jumped :lol: I usually end up finding them in the very back and bottom of the tank chilling with the crab.

Nevermind it looks like theose links are not going to work for some reason. :huh:

I require sexies for my tank when I can find them. I'll be following, this thread is entertaining so far.

Plus, I like the name and your avatar.

My poor budget was just tossed out the window. My tank is excited to have some new LPS and zoas though

I got some MIcromussa (purple and green), favia (1 green and light blue / 1 purple and green / 1 dark purple), and some blue tubbs zoas. all for $35 since Serenity Saltwater is closing. :tears:

But starting today the only thing that will be purchased will be food and stuff to setup this tank. fingerscrossed

Is someone here a FF fan?

:)

Slightly... ;)

If you are you'll probably hate me because I have only played FFXIII and FFXIII-2 :P Supposedly the worst ones yet....

Archived