Cultivated Reef

FishBrawler ReefStock goodies

FishBrawler

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mostly unnecessary. Close enough to 'bad' for me not to use one.

My goni loves the leds! Its polyp extension used to be big until the recent half crash of my 55! Looks as if they as coming back alil! I don't think you can see the two different skeletons in this photo, but here it is! I had to go back to my dads house (forgot some stuff) and decided to take a quick pic!

IMG_20131103_103104_zps1a943ac2.jpg

aw why?

This revival sparked it... but ney did it reignite! Someone on my local forum offered to buy it, and this tank just isn't doing it anymore! The new tank will be better placed with better techniques and livestock and care. This tank will still be up through at least Christmas though, so I will continually update it.

Oh. thought you were getting out of the hobby. i feel ya, i wish i could do-over my tank as well. gl with new build!

This hobby is too enticing to quit!

New light came! Does anyone know if you need the new controller for ai and the ai director? Or can I just buy the ai director?

Side note: things are looking better than ever in the tank! Zoa polyps are bigger than I have seen yet!... except for the dang chong bongs!

• 2 weeks later...
As far as I am aware the AI director replaces the need for the controller.

Thanks! That's sorta what I am now assuming too after watching a set up tutorial.

Tank has never looked better! I got some sps in there now. My lps have never looked better! A brain I got on some love rock (first real coral I guess) is making a steady recovery. Ill snap pictures if I get a chance! Its fall break so its go time to work on my other aquarium. Let me know if you guys want some teaser pictures of the product!

You ever lost faith in humanity?

IMG_66689259161779_zpsbe803bd9.jpg

Screenshot_2013-11-24-10-43-06_zpsfca007

Now you have! That ain't no dori for god sakes! That isn't even the right fish! My goodness people!

Tank update. Only had time for a few crappy pictures, but here.

IMG_20131123_182853_zpscd47f168.jpg

IMG_20131123_182700_zps8efbf94f.jpg

IMG_20131123_171716_zps9fc2db54.jpg

IMG_20131123_183028_zps90a92dd5.jpg

No good pictures of the sps. Ill grab some later!

Try working in a store that sells those fish. I wasn't a fan of the movies in the first place and I heard that crap constantly.

You even get people calling goldfish nemo...

Try working in a store that sells those fish. I wasn't a fan of the movies in the first place and I heard that crap constantly.

You even get people calling goldfish nemo...

My english teacher didn't even know what type of fish nemo was! Lord have mercy! I mean really people!

Looking good, I wonder where you got the idea to paint your stand white on the inside hmmmm! Lol ;)

Happy turkey day

You and my grandpa. He was wondering why I painted my last stand black. I can't see a thing! Now I will be able to! Plus it looks awesome!

• 3 weeks later...

Damn float valve fail and flooded the tank with fresh water! Salinity is low. My digita is bleached... it was my biggest colony... 8x7 inches... dont know what to do...???

Take some water out of the tank, mix some salt in it, get it up to proper salinity, put water back in tank. Remove more water from tank, get it up to salinity, put it back in tank. Remove more water from tank, get it up to salinity... See the pattern? Don't try to shoot it straight up to where you want it, take it slow.

And that's why I'll never have anything other than a gravity ATO. They can't fail.

Damn float valve fail and flooded the tank with fresh water! Salinity is low. My digita is bleached... it was my biggest colony... 8x7 inches... dont know what to do...???
What kind of ATO?

What kind of ATO?

It was a professional aquatics ATO. just double float valve. The suction came off and floated to the top... and it just filled till it could fill no more. I havent been able to check on the tank really because I have been busy with finals. This sucks!

Archived