Cultivated Reef

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

eitallent

Those two conchs have been slurping up the brown stuff (diatoms, cyano, whatevah) off the sand since they landed just like Nunu!

:happydance:

tumblr_loph28GLta1qc1idzo1_500.jpg

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eitallent

I think I shall call them Fuzzy Wuzzy 1, 2, 3, & 4! Yours should be called Curly since it is bald! :P

They have flattened out and are stuck to the rock like glue. I had to move one to the macro tank because it did not unroll itself and the Nassarius snails started messing with him. I do not think he will make it.

The Limpets are cute little creatures. They remind me of chic rice paddy hats.

IMG_0011_zps0a3a7b7b.jpg

Nunu...LOL. Awwww...I forgot about that character :D

Thank you!

Yes the mushroom is green with cute orange/reddish spots. I cannot wait for it to get bigger. I got the candy apple reds which was a nice size and mellow yellow which are tiny little polyps. The blue shroom is from them as well and it is big and healthy. The ricordeas are gorgeous too. I have a big jade green and a little tricolor ric from them. Overall I am really happy with their livestock. Their customer service is really great as well.

I'm going to place another order with them so I'll get that green spotted mushroom then. I also ordered the candy red zoas and the mellow yellow. Should be here tomorrow.

They have excellent customer service. I even had a message on my answering machine from them saying they are shipping my items today!

eitallent

Nunu...LOL. Awwww...I forgot about that character :D

I'm going to place another order with them so I'll get that green spotted mushroom then. I also ordered the candy red zoas and the mellow yellow. Should be here tomorrow.

They have excellent customer service. I even had a message on my answering machine from them saying they are shipping my items today!

This is great news. We can compare notes on what you get and what I got. So far it is obvious the R2G is eager to make a success of their business.

I ordered cluster dusters and they did not survive the trip. :( I think I will try them again when they come back in stock.

This is great news. We can compare notes on what you get and what I got. So far it is obvious the R2G is eager to make a success of their business.

I ordered cluster dusters and they did not survive the trip. :( I think I will try them again when they come back in stock.

Which zoa melted on you?
eitallent

Which zoa melted on you?

It was a freebie for spending a dollar and it never opened! I could not get any money back but I did tell them about it. They did not specify which variety they sent. So, IDK.

A freebie????? Is that something they just do or is it like Reef cleaners 1 penny macro? Where you have to add it to your cart.

eitallent

A freebie????? Is that something they just do or is it like Reef cleaners 1 penny macro? Where you have to add it to your cart.

It was a promotion they ran two weeks ago. I guess it was an incentive for customers on the mailing list to start buying. You know how it goes, if you are going to pay shipping anyway you might as well fill the box! :)

Get on their mailing list because sometimes they will give you deals first and you can click add to cart right from your email. :bling:

But to answer your question, no it is not like the penny macro.

jedimasterben

You had more than one survive the trip?? LUCKY! I've probably purchased a dozen, and all but one have been DOA.

It was a promotion they ran two weeks ago. I guess it was an incentive for customers on the mailing list to start buying. You know how it goes, if you are going to pay shipping anyway you might as well fill the box! :)

Get on their mailing list because sometimes they will give you deals first and you can click add to cart right from your email. :bling:

But to answer your question, no it is not like the penny macro.

I receive emails from them now, so I should be on their list. This is dangerous :lol:
eitallent

You had more than one survive the trip?? LUCKY! I've probably purchased a dozen, and all but one have been DOA.

I have four survivors so far. I went to the post office, as soon as the box arrived I was waiting on it! John was great because he warned me that express mail in may area is not guaranteed before 3 PM and the conchs are especially vulnerable in travel. That is what you get for living on a rural route.

I receive emails from them now, so I should be on their list. This is dangerous :lol:

It is very dangerous. They have a lot of good sales very often!! :o Get ready to pad lock your credit cards! :lol:

It is very dangerous. They have a lot of good sales very often!! :o Get ready to pad lock your credit cards! :lol:

I've noticed frequent email specials from them already!!!!! I hope I like their stuff. Or maybe I should say I hope NOT :lol: Naw....I hope I DO!!!!! I can't wait till they get those red trumpets back in stock!
eitallent
Mr. Microscope

I would love to have a Legos house in there! Or a little Legos pirate ship! I loved playing with Legos (still do). :D

LOL! Me too. I can't wait for my son to reach Lego age. The pirates were always my favorite too.

How about a Fuzzy Chiton with a little umbrella?

IMG_0012_zps0d31941c.jpg

Haha! Awesome!

I ordered a couple of those at one point. They only made it about a week though. Not sure what happened. Maybe too much flow or maybe they got too cold in transit.

eitallent

LOL! Me too. I can't wait for my son to reach Lego age. The pirates were always my favorite too.

Haha! Awesome!

I ordered a couple of those at one point. They only made it about a week though. Not sure what happened. Maybe too much flow or maybe they got too cold in transit.

Your Mini-Micro would love a Duplo Bricks set. He prolly already has one! I gave those to my kids to play with until they were ready for Legos. It would be impossible for a little tike to swallow a Duplo.

Chitons seem to be sensitive creatures and very slow. One fell off a rock and immediately the Nassarius were on top of it. I moved it to the macro grow out tank so that if he dies at least it will be a dignified death. I do not like watching things being eaten alive slowly. What an awful way to go. :(

Now he has a little limpet to keep it company. It fell off a rock upside down and suffered the same fate. Maybe they will pull through.

The chitons and limpets are so cool. Its too bad they seem to not be very hardy. I hope they pull through for you because they are very neat additions.

eitallent

The chitons and limpets are so cool. Its too bad they seem to not be very hardy. I hope they pull through for you because they are very neat additions.

I really do like them. I think the limpets will not make it. :( The Chitons are moving around the rock leaving white rock behind them. Maybe they will last, hopefully more than a week like Mr. M says. I have enough algae to satisfy their appetites for an eternety. :lol:

The Gorgs are looking great so far.

IMG_0037_zpsaf908769.jpg

Deleted User 3

Yep.

Does any one else get this with RSCP? if not what is your secret? If so does it bother you?

I don't get this, and I use that salt. I think it says in the directions not to let it sit for more than 4 hours or something, its in the little booklet that comes in the salt bucket.

Archived