SaltCritters.com

Fluval Spec V - Tres Islas Pequeñas (RETIRED: 10-30-13)

Boneshaker

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good! what do you think you'll add next?

Thanks. I have 3 frags of Palys on hold at my LFS, Some Everlasting Gobstoppers, some Purple People eaters, and a no name frag of a blue/green paly.

I'm also thinking about trading in a bunch of freshwater Red Cherry Shrimp to another LFS, for a Hi Fin Red Banded Goby for this tank, and maybe a porcelain crab for my 2 gal Spec. The Hi-Fin is soooo tiny too.

Picked up a few small frags today. Added a 4 polyp frag of King Midas Zoas, a 4 polyp frag of 24K Zoas, a two polyp frag of Rasta Zoas, a 6 polyp frag of Eagle Eye Zoass and a 6 polyp frag of Everlasting Gobstoppers Palys.

They're all mad right now. Once they're happy and fully open I'll try to get some pics.

Today was a good day.

Debating on whether to keep my Hawaiian Strawberry Crab or not. It just seems a little bit too big for my Spec V.

It would probably be better in a bigger reef tank.

Debating on whether to keep my Hawaiian Strawberry Crab or not. It just seems a little bit too big for my Spec V.

It would probably be better in a bigger reef tank.

Can you trade him in somewhere? your frags sound good...I'm not going to be able to get anything until the beginning of April. :/

Can you trade him in somewhere? your frags sound good...I'm not going to be able to get anything until the beginning of April. :/

I'd like to keep it, with the intention of transferring him to my 30 Gal once I get that going... It's just a matter of keeping him fed well enough to not want to snack in my Clowns until then.

April will be here before you know it !

24K Zoas (4 polyps 3-9-13)

10369909_10202846252172364_4973687799435

King Midas Zoas - (5 polyps 3-9-13), sorry this is not the best pic (using my phone for these pics)

10376755_10202846247372244_5163000365736

Rastas Mon ! (2 poylps 3-9-13)

10298886_10202846246972234_5462319673366

Eagle Eye Zoas (6 polyps 3-9-13)

10348468_10202846245692202_6853679061753

Everlasting Gobstopper Palys (6 poylps 3-9-13)

10371979_10202846248172264_6177327104686

oooh, I love the rastas and the gobstoppers! I need some but I haven't seen them locally :/ I'm sitting here watching my star polyp, damsel, and brittle stars. that's all I have but it's entertained me for the past like hour. lol. do you have a recent full tank shot?

oooh, I love the rastas and the gobstoppers! I need some but I haven't seen them locally :/ I'm sitting here watching my star polyp, damsel, and brittle stars. that's all I have but it's entertained me for the past like hour. lol. do you have a recent full tank shot?

I really like the Rastas & the 24Ks ! I kind of hit the jackpot finding these frags. I stare at my little tanks for hours... and I don't know why. LOL

No current FTS pics, maybe I'll get one later. I'm getting closer to the thought of taking down my 30 gallon Cichlid tank and turning it into a reef. I've got the reefing bug now.

haha, I've been staring at my 20 gallon wanting to do away with the freshwater stuff....and at the 50 gallon that's just sitting on my patio empty. >.>

FTS: 03-12-13

10406651_10202846252012360_6604080149575

Front rubble rocks left to right: Eagle Eyes on the left rubble rock, 24Ks on the next, Rastas on the middle rubble rock, GSP on 4th, and Pink Zoas on the far right rubble rock.

Islands: Gobstoppers on the left, nothing on the center & Nuclear Red 'Shroom on the back of the right.

Back rubble rocks between 2nd & 3rd Island - GSP on the left rubble and King Midas on the right rubble rock. (The's a tiny piece of an Electric Green 'Shroom rolling around in tank attatched to a tiny shell)

There is also another GSP rubble rock behind the left Island.

Pulled my bookcase awy from the wall this afternoon to get a reverse shot.

Wall side FTS: 03-13-13

10314687_10202846252652376_4988721574559

My Hawaiian Strawberry Crab inhabits the cave on the middle Island. "Beware"

Pulled my bookcase awy from the wall this afternoon to get a reverse shot.

Wall side FTS: 03-13-13

892889_4999761986836_158383732_o.jpg

My Hawaiian Strawberry Crab inhabits the cave on the middle Island. "Beware"

I have been warned, thank you.

Nice tank. I like the concept of the three islands, it's cute.

L

Nice tank. I like the concept of the three islands, it's cute.

L

Thanks, It happened by accident. The rock that became the left Island, broke on me while trying to rush in creating a swim thru (or in this case the right rock). So, it became an island.

Here's to hoping things work out. My Everlasting Gobstopper colony of 6 polyps, had 2 polyps that looked like they were close to breaking off. Sooo... I pulled the rock and helped them break off and I glued the 2 poylps onto a nub on the lower back side of the rock to creating a second colony. They might not get enough light were they are now, but time will tell.

Got a few stray pieces of the macroalgae - Halimeda plant, with the stuff I bought yesterday at my LCS. I threw a little piece of it in this Spec V and a little in my other Spec reef.

I couldn't pass this dude up... A Black Clown Goby.

429181_10200120370027014_964155709_n.jpg

I have a warpaint clown goby. He's cute. Great little fish, whatever color. I've always fancied the citron gobies too. It's really a very pretty genus.

L

My LFS had a few Green Clown Gobies and one was all polka dotted instead of having the normal stripes. But I chose this stealth Black Clown Goby instead of a green one.

Nice I picked up a fluval V over the weekend thinking about setting up as a planted tank, I lost 4 nano tanks when the last hurricane came through and we were without lights for 5 days and I could not get home for 2 days. but every one of the fresh water tanks held up but this has me wanted to get back into Saltwater will follow this

Nice I picked up a fluval V over the weekend thinking about setting up as a planted tank, I lost 4 nano tanks when the last hurricane came through and we were without lights for 5 days and I could not get home for 2 days. but every one of the fresh water tanks held up but this has me wanted to get back into Saltwater will follow this

Thanks. I really like these tanks. I have 2 Spec Vs set up as freshwater also, one with 7 Crystal Red & 3 Crystal Black Shrimp, the other with a Dragon Scale Crown Tail Betta & 5 Celestial Pearl Danios. I'm kind of a Fluval fan - (I have 3 Specs also - 1 reef & 2 planted)

Archived