Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BoCoMo's 40G *Chock-full of zoa's!

BoCoMo

Well my light bit the dust today but Foster & Smith is taking excellent care of me and sending a new one 2 day air at no charge before I even send this one back. I am interested to see if I just got a lemon or if these fixtures are having issues.

It got so hot it melted the plug into the power strip. :\

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that's pretty scary and surprising for such an expensive light! At least it didn't start a fire, props to Dr F&S for sending you a replacement right away.

Yeah - got me looking into a fireproof holder for the electronics or some sort of auto extinguisher - I was really impressed with how easily customer service went and well they took care of me

Thanks! Got the new razor in and now we are up and running. Still very interested in fire prevention and control so I will be looking into that and discussing options. Looking into chillers too as I like to keep my windows open deep into summer.

Good lord, zoa delight!

Christine

Thanks! I am to the point now where I either need another tank or I am going to have to start choosing favorites and selling off others.

• 2 weeks later...

Added nuclear yellow palys, aqua prop zoas & replaced the two random power heads with new Tunze power heads (so far I am extremely happy with everything I have from Tunze)

Thats it! No more Z's for a bit. I just picked up 4 more today Some Jason Fox Bella Blue's and 3 others that I hadn't seen before but they looked cool and were priced right :) I will post pics and try to ID when they open back up after these dips. This really is a sickness lets see if I can stick to my plan not to add anything for a few months and let things stay put and grow out

How do the zoas respond to the zeo? I was contemplating dosing a few zeo products (not the full zeovit system) like zeobak and zeofood. I'm curious if it brings out the vibrant colors in zoas. Tank looks amazing!!

Thanks! I cannot describe how vivid these zoas look in this tank. It is probably a combination of the lights and the fact that they get spoiled with feeding and dosing but they seem to be thriving in the ULNS system. I use zeobak and zeo food only once a week now that the tank is established but I still dose sponge power and coral snow daily (as well as run the zeolites)

Thanks! I cannot describe how vivid these zoas look in this tank. It is probably a combination of the lights and the fact that they get spoiled with feeding and dosing but they seem to be thriving in the ULNS system. I use zeobak and zeo food only once a week now that the tank is established but I still dose sponge power and coral snow daily (as well as run the zeolites)

All my zoas looks good with really nice coloration, but I feel like I could help to bring the colors out even more. I have a Razor Nano on its way (switching from AI nano) and I'm thinking about dosing the two zeo products I mentioned once a week hoping that i can get my corals to show amazing color and growth.

I also have really good luck with dosing Vitamin C.

As for the no more z's I just bought a crazy rock with a few hundred polyps on it so let's go ahead and restart that goal starting now. :\

I only do 1/4 teaspoon every 3rd day but this is the original information I drew from:

I use this product:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....93197697039798

1/4 tsp=1112 mg.

For every 100 gallons:

5 ppm ----- 1892 mg VC

10 ppm ---- 3785 mg VC

15 ppm ---- 5677 mg VC

20 ppm ---- 7570 mg VC

25 ppm ---- 9462 mg VC

30 ppm ---- 11355 mg VC

Dose 2x/day.

I have made it easier by rounding off with 1/4-2 tsps in my tanks.

Be sure your pH is around 8.2 & your alk is around 9-10, before you start. Keep an eye on both (I test weekly, now that I notice no changes).

This was from a post by Pufferpunk (I think he is no longer active) Original Thread is here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1252294

Hope this helps!

bencollinz

I only do 1/4 teaspoon every 3rd day but this is the original information I drew from:

I use this product:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails....93197697039798

1/4 tsp=1112 mg.

For every 100 gallons:

5 ppm ----- 1892 mg VC

10 ppm ---- 3785 mg VC

15 ppm ---- 5677 mg VC

20 ppm ---- 7570 mg VC

25 ppm ---- 9462 mg VC

30 ppm ---- 11355 mg VC

Dose 2x/day.

I have made it easier by rounding off with 1/4-2 tsps in my tanks.

Be sure your pH is around 8.2 & your alk is around 9-10, before you start. Keep an eye on both (I test weekly, now that I notice no changes).

This was from a post by Pufferpunk (I think he is no longer active) Original Thread is here: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1252294

Hope this helps!

HOLY shit that was a long ass thread to read.

Archived