Top Shelf Aquatics

BoCoMo's 40G *Chock-full of zoa's!

BoCoMo

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for saying hello! It's still in cycling stage but it's getting closer to ready everyday. I am planning the cleanup crew now. Glad to see there are a couple of us here in Columbia going strong!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for saying hello! It's still in cycling stage but it's getting closer to ready everyday. I am planning the cleanup crew now. Glad to see there are a couple of us here in Columbia going strong!

Let me know in the future if you ever want to do some coral swapping, I have quite a few exotic SPS in my tanks! GL

• Like 1

Since it is just getting started I may have to do some frag shopping with you until I can get some colonies of my own going. I would like to see what all you have so I can make sure to get some that we are both interested in but you do not have yet so we can help each other out.

You will need to buy online or order it from our LFS. He doesn't carry much SPS, caters more to FOWLR and softie tanks.

I can get you a list of what I have in the next couple days

Yeah it looks like online is going to be my best bet. Looking forward to that list and if you have any you are willing/able to sell that would be awesome. It is looking like I will be adding stock in March.

I sent the reactor I received back because who wants to shake that thing everyday? I am working out a design on a DIY - Auto cleaning version (secondary pump on timer to high flow the zeolites for a hot minute) but I may scrap that in favor of some mix of GFO, Carbon, Purigen, or Biopellet reactors. Have any thoughts on this?

There are some people who have rigged a motor on the top of the reactor that lifts the zeolite chamber and drops it down automatically.

• Like 1

I will look into that but I am a huge fan of simplicity and at this point I think an external pump that does a quick high-power blast to swirl the media and clear the chamber is the simplest solution I just need to build the reactor and do a proof of concept. I appreciate the input. Do you run any of the other reactors I mentioned and have feed back on them?

I ran a modified Vertex reactor with bio-pellets for a few months. It was recirculating and I could regulate the flow out of the reactor. I also run a small DIY bio-pellet reactor in my 3 gallon pico tank. I have run GFO as well. Now I run Zeovit media in a Cleartides Zeovit reactor, this seems to be the best system I have used.

Christine

• Like 1

I will be doing a photo update on my thread in a couple weeks. I will make sure to take a lot of SPS pictures then. Mine are just now encrusted and starting to branch out.

• Like 1

Will do! I'm pretty excited about it. I was going to do a sea swirl but had to try the "new hotness" ;)

Build quality looks good and Tunze seems to really like the guy. I have heard good feedback on these units. I am going to have to cut my glass top to accomodate for this thing but I will set it up later tonight.

Just hermits. I really only need detritus and waste food cleaned up. May add some snails but I will want to make sure there is enough "food" for them first :)

There is a marine LFS now but when it comes to getting the corals & fish I want I think I am still going to have to go with KC, STL, or the internet.

I am hoping that as the local store matures (if it lasts) the quality of the stocking will improve

Which tunze pump is that on the sea sweep? I was thinking of adding a sea swirl for my return, but that looks even better.

It's the 6045; mechanically adjustable from 400 to 1,100 gph

Archived