ReefCleaners.org

NanoreefNate's 20G Peninsula! So much change. New FTS!

nanoreefnate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefnate

No thanks needed, you have a wonderful reef and you're lucky to have Yoshii close by too.

:blush: Awh shucks, Thanks Metro! Yeah Yoshii's awesome :)

13970142652_e688f677bb_z.jpg

Sweet lord that Acan garden is ridiculous man !!!congrats on the nomination,well deserved !! Although I see absolutely no cyno in that picture hahahha. I'm definitely following this one,idk how I missed it before.

nanoreefnate

Sweet lord that Acan garden is ridiculous man !!!congrats on the nomination,well deserved !! Although I see absolutely no cyno in that picture hahahha. I'm definitely following this one,idk how I missed it before.

Thanks a lot man!

The yellow and orange coloration you are getting from your acans is amazing.

Yeah I love the colors on them. They're under 10k Kessil's too so imagine what they'd be like under 16 or 20K!

So purrrdy!

Thank you!

Yeah I love the colors on them. They're under 10k Kessil's too so imagine what they'd be like under 16 or 20K!

The reason yellows, oranges, and pinks look good is usually a lighting setup in the 6500-10k range. However it makes all the corals looks kind of drab most of the time. If you had the adjustable Kessil360 and ran it in the 6500-10K range all day and then at night or in the morning set it to 100% blue you would see those colors glow like fluorescent neon paint.

nanoreefnate

But but but look at that pink! omgomgomg

Haha, I do like the pink in scans. :P

I can't believe how big my colonies have gotten.

You can compare them with this FTS from 5 months ago.

11061997185_fcaca38de1_z.jpg

And now here's what they look like

14010237564_4523a5be3b_z.jpg

That's crazy,definitely starting to fill in nicely man. Looking amazing. Slowly makin' me want to change my stocking plans lol...

nanoreefnate

That's crazy,definitely starting to fill in nicely man. Looking amazing. Slowly makin' me want to change my stocking plans lol...

Thank you! Yeah it does take a while for the corals to look like they belong. You just have to be on top of your husbandry. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Spiderguardnano

sick build I'm on the same path right now i have a kessil 150 ocean blue and I'm just trying to decide which tank to peninsula my mr aqua 17 or 11g

how much rock is in this tank?

nanoreefnate

sick build I'm on the same path right now i have a kessil 150 ocean blue and I'm just trying to decide which tank to peninsula my mr aqua 17 or 11g

how much rock is in this tank?

Nice! Good luck with your build. If you can the 33 Mr. Aqua would be sweet as a peninsula. I've been on the edge of upgrading for a few months now just haven't been able to pull the trigger. Camera gear is more important to me atm. :P

As for the rock I honestly have not a clue as to how much is exactly in there. All of this rock is from my old 75G so it's been live rock for over 6 years, which explains the amount of coralline algae I have accumulated within just over a year and a half. If I had to guesstimate I'd say around 22-26 pounds of live rock up in the display and maybe an additional 4-6 in the sump and fuge. Hope this helps!

Spiderguardnano

The 33 soubds awesome but I was thinking of the

Mr aqua 17 because I would like to start this tank with live rock instead if dry rock

Could we get a video of this tank with your badass cameras?

• 6 months later...

How's the tank doing these days Nate? How about a new FTS :D

Hey Chris! Well… This tank is actually now a Quarantine tank!

I upgraded over two months ago to a DSA 35G frag tank and the upgrade went very well!

Here's a pic of the new tank.

15819229525_06f9b273f4_h.jpg

35G FTS 3 by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

I do have multiple progress photos of the tank. What do you think Chris should I continue on this thread or make a whole new one? Thanks for your interest!

Great looking tank Nate! Those acans are wow! :)

Thanks Nano!

The new tank looks great, and those acans sure are happy! I'm a little sad for your peninsula tank though. It was inspiring.

Thank you! Yeah I did like my 20 but I also wanted more room. I did try to keep in the peninsula style with this cube setup, which is why I positions the MP 10's on the back instead of the sides.

Archived