Top Shelf Aquatics

NanoreefNate's 20G Peninsula! So much change. New FTS!

nanoreefnate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

I really am starting to despise flickr. :)

Anyway, looks fantastic, thanks for the update!

Looks awesome! I really like the chalk basket, near colors.

Thanks!

Awesome Nate! Looks fantastic :)

Thank you Maria! :)

Oops! You don't have permission to view this photo.

I really am starting to despise flickr. :)

Anyway, looks fantastic, thanks for the update!

Haha, sorry about that, I don't like mixing my reef images with my other ones. Thanks for looking!

:) Lookin' good Nate!

ps you should post some pics of the fish and corals!

Thanks!

LOL Maybe you should post some pics of you fish and coral. Haha :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As tank sitter I have a great responsibility....to update this thread with pictures!!

Nate's tank is doing great, with beautiful coral and fishies!

Here's his Mandarin, looking for more ova on the sand bed (and this war coral)

IMG_844122.jpg

As tank sitter I have a great responsibility....to update this thread with pictures!!

Nate's tank is doing great, with beautiful coral and fishies!

Here's his Mandarin, looking for more ova on the sand bed (and this war coral)

IMG_844122.jpg

Awesome shot! Thanks for posting this Yoshii :P

• 3 months later...
nanoreefnate

Tank-sit for Nate last week, here are two new additions he acquired recently

IMG_1493crop.jpg

ORA Randall's Assessor

IMG_1539.jpg

Helfrichi Firefish

Thanks for posting these Christina! :D

They're awesome shots.

Your tank has great color! I always hear about how kessils give a washed-out color, but this seems to indicate otherwise. Maybe other people just have washed out corals...

Legendary Corals

Tank-sit for Nate last week, here are two new additions he acquired recently

IMG_1493crop.jpg

ORA Randall's Assessor

IMG_1539.jpg

Helfrichi Firefish

Okay, looks like I need you to take some pictures of my new fishies! I can't take photos of fish to save my life...

How well does the Chalk Basslet play with others? They started showing up at one of my LFS recently. While I don't think I'd put one in my current tank, it's been a fish I've been considering for a future tank.

nanoreefnate

How well does the Chalk Basslet play with others? They started showing up at one of my LFS recently. While I don't think I'd put one in my current tank, it's been a fish I've been considering for a future tank.

I moved my Chalk Basslet over to Yoshii's 55G to make room for my new additions posted above. When the Chalk Bass was in my tank, he was very shy and didn't come out very much, which is part of the reason I moved him to Yoshii's tank. The weird thing is that in her 55, the Basslet is very personable and is out swimming in the water column despite the fact that Yoshii's Mocha clownfish are incredibly aggressive. So the behavior of the Basslet all depends on your tank and the group dynamic of the fish already within your system. Hope this helps!

nanoreefnate

The gurgling coming from my Eshopps PF-Nano overflow got really annoying recently when the airline tubes that I originally used to silence the overflow stopped working, so I looked into the 3 main silencer designs and decided to go with the Hofer Gurgle Buster. The overflow is now incredibly quiet save for the water falling into the overflow. It is so quiet I and thinking of building one for my 75g FOWLR.

Here's a shot of it in action:

13979666413_6ff637ff4c_c.jpg

nanoreefnate

Well I'll be waiting, MetroKatNYC nominated you for a TOTM I believe so expect a little attention

WOW! I didn't know that! I need to thank MetroKat then! haha.

Since my tank lights are still off, here's an image of my Acan and Zoa garden I took yesterday. Don't mind the cyano, :P I'm tackling that problem right now with waterchanges.

13970142652_e688f677bb_z.jpg

Archived