Coral Vue Hydros

NanoreefNate's 20G Peninsula! So much change. New FTS!

nanoreefnate

Oh hey I wonder if Nate posted a picture of his sump setup, I should go check his thread....

My gubbins!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Awh man, who let the hotshot in?!?!?!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:angry: nevermind..

• Like 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here's some shots of the setup now that I installed my sump. Those black marks on the carpet are from my old 75G's stand. :P

8412292130_90e6a78b97_b.jpg
8411195209_2929a0a275_b.jpg
Eshopps PF-Nano overflow by NMB.Photography, on Flickr This little overflow box is great! It's whisper quiet if you mod it with silicone airline tubing!
8411194337_a858c63274_b.jpg
Sponges are in the baffles due to the copious amounts of microbubbles this dang tunze skimmer is producing. It's really annoying and outrageous that this skimmer is still spitting out micobubbles after almost two months of running.
  • Like 1

Don't worry, my aquamaxx had an annoying microbubbles time period of about 4 months. But now it's all gone.

What's the aquamaxx skimmer look like? I'm really considering relegating this 9004 to my FOWLR tank and getting a 9002.

What's the aquamaxx skimmer look like? I'm really considering relegating this 9004 to my FOWLR tank and getting a 9002.

It's a HOB skimmer from MarineDepot. It's good for AIO tanks, but I don't think it's practical for a sump. I never looked into the differences on the 9004 and the 9002.

• Like 1

It's a HOB skimmer from MarineDepot. It's good for AIO tanks, but I don't think it's practical for a sump. I never looked into the differences on the 9004 and the 9002.

Ahh I see. The 9004 is more for in tank rather than in sump. It actually has a surface skimmer that doesn't work very well. LOL

The 9002 is more likely to be in a back chamber or sump.

Also, happy birthday.

Tank looks 'aight.

Why thank you very much hotshot! :P

'aight? Since when are you from the Bay Area Mr. Yakima? :haha:

Whoa there speed racer. We have gangs in my town too!

LIES! ABSOLUTE LIES I SAY! INDISPUTABLY IMPOSSIBLE! COMPLETELY IMPROBABLY! UNEQUIVOCALLY, UNDENIABLY, UNMISTAKABLY FALLACIOUS!!!

:haha: :haha: :haha:

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Nice setup, I have a question on your light, I am migrating my nano 10g to a 20gH and I ordered the same light but the 15K, since I like the blue shimmering effect, would a single light is enough for that footprint since it appears it is?

buddythelion

Lol, is that you Darwin??

Haha, wow. I never knew that Yoshii was you. I'm really surprised seeing since I always knew of you (yoshii) being somewhere in CA but thought that was like... Redding or some other city leaps and bounds of countries away. Lol!

Haha, wow. I never knew that Yoshii was you. I'm really surprised seeing since I always knew of you (yoshii) being somewhere in CA but thought that was like... Redding or some other city leaps and bounds of countries away. Lol!

Yeah I've always seen you around NR, never made the connection, haha cool!

I guess you weren't there when I first met Robert in person he thought my actual name was Yoshi :lol:

buddythelion

Yeah I've always seen you around NR, never made the connection, haha cool!

I guess you weren't there when I first met Robert in person he thought my actual name was Yoshi :lol:

Same here. But to be fair, I just met you less than a month ago... Einstein (the BSJ) is doing great!

Same here. But to be fair, I just met you less than a month ago... Einstein (the BSJ) is doing great!

Yeah, I probably ran into you at Neptunes before, just never talked to you

Great! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
nanoreefnate

Hey guys,

Haven't posted in a while, but since Atlantis Aquarium was nice enough to give me some gorgeous corals, I decided to post a new fts (taken from my iPhone) :D Yes, that monti cap is that big, no I did not grow it :lol: . I've also added a Chalk Basslet and a captive bred Bangaii Cardinalfish to the system as well as a fuge full of cheato with a light (finally) I'll post some more detailed images very soon! Thanks for stopping by!

9448368225_da7887ae1f_b.jpg
  • 3 months later...

WOW! it's been 3 months since I last posted and a lot has changed! Thanks a bunch to Yoshii!!! So many corals added and my tank is now much more mature and stable. I've also taken some fish out, redone the aquascape... Anyways here are the most important additions.

A Sustainable Aquatics Fancy Snowflake Clownfish from Alpha Aquaculture

A Helfrichi Firefish

And last but not least, a Green Mandarin Dragonette!

I've started 5 cultures of Algagen's Tisbe pods, one being a 5 gallon bucket to help support the Mandarin, but the best part about my mandarin is that he's eating Nutramar Ova Prawn Roe! I feed the Mandarin and his tankmates this every day in addition to TDO B2 pellets from Reef Nutrition.

I'd like to specially thank Yoshii, Buddythelion, Pufferboy, and my local fish stores Neptune Aquatics, Atlantis Aquarium, and Baja Reef for all the help they've given me in the last few months! So enough talk. Here's the FTS!

November 25th 2013 FTS ( Please excuse the bad iPhone 5 camera quality :P )

11061997185_7255529ed6_h.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone. :)

Archived