ReefCleaners.org

NanoreefNate's 20G Peninsula! So much change. New FTS!

nanoreefnate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefnate

Looks like the clowns are flying...so clear! :)

Thanks! :D

Looks Great! 20H Peninsula Tanks seem to be an emerging trend.

Thank you. Really? I started the tank before I got back on N-R so I wouldn't know :P

I will! I am thinking about just bringing my little 40mm STM, it is tiny and light.

Good. OOOO I'd like to see how that little bugger preforms. ahaha

How do you like the Tunze 9004, is it silent?

So far... It's been quite an annoying little skimmer. Microbubbles are still being spit out of the bottom end of it a month after installation. It's little plastic mounting brackets for the magnets are flimsy, one already broke while I was trying to reattach it after it fell of while I was trying to make the microbubbles stop. Additionally, the attachment points for the main body and front plate are leaking airbubbles. I've had to apply electrical tape to the sides to remedy this problem. It's really irregular on the skimmate too. one week it provides nice dark skimmate, the next light and watery. Oh and the surface skimming intake doesn't really work. I'm kinda regretting not getting the 9002 for cheaper at my LFS now. As for noise. It's louder than my Kessil's fan, which I was surprised to find out. :closedeyes:

This is how I feel at this point. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Too bad. I was interested in buying one. I think ill just wait and see if others have the same experience as you.

Btw, i bought the Comline streamfilter 3163. And none of the magnets are covered, theyre all exposed. Is it the same with your skimmer? I find it weird, but it shows in the manual. Is it supposed to be like that?

Too bad. I was interested in buying one. I think ill just wait and see if others have the same experience as you.

Btw, i bought the Comline streamfilter 3163. And none of the magnets are covered, theyre all exposed. Is it the same with your skimmer? I find it weird, but it shows in the manual. Is it supposed to be like that?

Yeah but the noise is definitely less than an Aqua-C remora Nano. I just don't see a reason for microbubbles to still be spewing from the bottom end.

Yeah I found that strange as well but apparently those little rubbery feet that are provided are supposed to keep a little space between the glass and the magnet. I just hope those rubber feel never fall off.

Tank note- Update coming in an hour or so!

Photo Heavy Post!!!

I have added an additional fish to my reef, a tiny blue green chromis. Also I have added another Acropora frag. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have reworked the aquascape to add more display space for SPS. Lastly, I FINALLY obtained a gooseneck for my Kessil 150, which has made the light look much nicer across the aquarium.

Here's the photos!

FTS!

Front Shot
Old and new fishies :)
My Bubble Tip Anemone and one of my clowns.

The Frogspawn

• Like 2

Photo Heavy Post!!!

I have added an additional fish to my reef, a tiny blue green chromis. Also I have added another Acropora frag. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have reworked the aquascape to add more display space for SPS. Lastly, I FINALLY obtained a gooseneck for my Kessil 150, which has made the light look much nicer across the aquarium.

Here's the photos!

FTS!

8381413459_492bb3fd11_b.jpg
JanFTS2 by NMB.Photography, on Flickr
Front Shot
8382499002_1ed9af9fcf_b.jpg
Old and new fishies :)

8382501108_3abd19caa8_b.jpg
Fishies by NMB.Photography, on Flickr
My Bubble Tip Anemone and one of my clowns.
8382497366_ede1d433f7_b.jpg
My Favorite Coral in the tank so far! Acropora!
8381414335_2a102188e2_b.jpg
The Clown pair together eager to get fed.

8382498282_0a7077ab99_b.jpg
Clownfish by NMB.Photography, on Flickr

The Frogspawn

8382499564_6c9a6a52be_b.jpg
Frogspawn by NMB.Photography, on Flickr
The Purple Monti Cap

8381416831_8d0e16ce91_b.jpg
Acropora Valida (I think)

8382503850_4b6b1ab943_b.jpg

Those SPS look like they were from tunes!

Amazing photos btw.

• Like 1

Looks great! Do you have the gooseneck for the kessil now? I have a 20 h with the 15k kessil and am waiting for it to mature and want an anem and a pair of clowns bad... How long did your tank run before adding the bta and did it move around very much? Thanks!

• Like 1

Those SPS look like they were from tunes!

Amazing photos btw.

They definitely are! So are the clowns, nem, and most of the equipment on there. ;)

Hey Nate. Nice setup and welcome back to the hobby. Will be following your build.

Thanks Adolfo! Check your facebook messages. ;)

Looks great! Do you have the gooseneck for the kessil now? I have a 20 h with the 15k kessil and am waiting for it to mature and want an anem and a pair of clowns bad... How long did your tank run before adding the bta and did it move around very much? Thanks!

Thanks! Yes I do and I have to say it makes life so much easier. I had to rig the gooseneck differently from the instructions but it's solid the way it is now. I only had it up for about a month before adding the nem. I had such a short cycle time due to my rock being mature because I kept it live and lit from my old 75G, allowing me to add livestock much faster than would normally be possible. I'd wait 3-4 months before adding a nem to a newly setup tank with dry/not mature rock. ;)

Cool. Yeah I have an aquafuge on the back of my 20h and have my gooseneck offcenter on the back but I have bent it to where it is very centered over the tank. Loving my light.

Did your bta move around much in your tank when introduced and what type of flow/location does it seem to prefer?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Cool. Yeah I have an aquafuge on the back of my 20h and have my gooseneck offcenter on the back but I have bent it to where it is very centered over the tank. Loving my light.

Did your bta move around much in your tank when introduced and what type of flow/location does it seem to prefer?

Thanks!

My BTA moved once after introduction to the tank. It's been near the back of the rockwork for about a month now, which disappoints me a bit.

Tank note: I just added a 10G sump/fuge combo to the tank! Also there have been coral additions to the tank. Photos coming tomorrow afternoon! :)

I like the tank! Aquascaping must have been hell to get it viewable from 3 sides.

So it says in your sig that you are a bucket-schlepper? What does that mean?

Do you think you can post a few pictures of your sump addition? I'd like to see how you set it up on a running tank... I feel like that would be a pain to do.

I like the tank! Aquascaping must have been hell to get it viewable from 3 sides.

So it says in your sig that you are a bucket-schlepper? What does that mean?

Thanks! The scape was actually a lot easier than you would think because I have such a large assortment of LR from my 75G. Also, the amount that still had live coralline was even less, so I just used pieces that had live coralline on them still.

:haha: Now that's a funny thing to bring up. I was passing by a co-worker at the Academy who's an astronomer and planaterium presenter. I was carrying two buckets filled with GAC and GFO reactor containers and he said "Ahh so you're a bucket schlepper now?" Shlepp apparently means to carry in Yiddish. :lol:

Do you think you can post a few pictures of your sump addition? I'd like to see how you set it up on a running tank... I feel like that would be a pain to do.

Yeah I'll post them up tomorrow. I think it was relatively easy. I don't have a cabinet so the sump/fuge is off to the right side of the tank when you're looking straight at it. I like having the sump since my 9004 skimmer is being such a PITA with the microbubbles. Also it tidies up the inside of the tank. The black overflow box looks much better than an AC intake nozzle and a huge back skimmer body IMO. :P

Are you using a hang-on-back overflow?

Yessir I am. The Eshopps PF-Nano. It works wonderfully and bubbles getting trapped in the U tube is a non-issue. I used Eshopps PF-300 for my 46g bowfront three years ago and I'm very confident in their system. I get CPR's overflow because I didn't want to deal with having an aqualifter running at all times to keep the overflow working.

Archived