inTank Media Baskets

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

The problem is if you like the stocking density of a nano. I still feel like I have tons and tons of room in my tank that could be filled. I can't imagine having a 105 and not feeling the same way.

Have the new lights gotten there yet? They're suppose to come via fed ex today.

I'll go poke my head out the front door.

Nope, nothing yet.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this is the reason I refuse to get a bigger tank. I'm going to go stir crazy with all that empty space.

And that's the reason we'd love to see you get a bigger tank, you'd get all kinds of neat stuff we can buy 6 months from now in clipping fire sales :P:lol:

She's +72 hrs past your eviction notice....call the cops :lol:

Well, technically she's got until 9/9 to meet her eviction notice. I'm just not feeling well at this point. :wacko:

Lights!!

20130905_150655_zps02a53abc.jpg

And my 39th week picture:

20130903_182515_zps789463db.jpg

LOOK AT ALL OF THAT SPACE !!!! Plenty of room for a new tank :D

Nice to see that someone dropped the lights for you <_<

So, the new lights are here. I was actually a bit surprised at how much brighter they are to the camera. I set up the tripod and took a few pictures of each all with the same aperture and exposure time, so you can tell the difference in brightness between them. I also did not adjust the white balance, between them. Which bulb is which is written at the bottom of each photo. Unfortunantly, I've lent my fish eye out and my 18mm out, so I took these with the 50.

I've got the purple plus in,but haven't messed with the second fixture yet. I don't have the GE 6500K in yet, or I would have messed with the other fixture. It should be in tomorrow.

5ITKoLGh.jpg

3q5R2dXh.jpg

iXeQCYah.jpg

tRyf4K1h.jpg

cKsZTJlh.jpg

These last two are labeled wrong, they are 2x Blue plus + 1x "Fish need it 10K" and 1x "Fish need it blue"

dXWHMvih.jpg

b1kZG75h.jpg

So far, I really like the T5s, they light up so much of what was shadowed by the LEDs. Need to get the new GE bulb and the purple plus in there tomorrow and we'll see what I'm going to end up with in a final color.

LOOK AT ALL OF THAT SPACE !!!! Plenty of room for a new tank :D

Nice to see that someone dropped the lights for you <_<

Hehe, there's actually a couch that belongs there, that we move to the living room sometimes. It got kicked back to under the window because the pack and play went where it is. Really, where the pack and play is now would be the perfect spot... :tears:

Hehe, there's actually a couch that belongs there, that we move to the living room sometimes. It got kicked back to under the window because the pack and play went where it is. Really, where the pack and play is now would be the perfect spot... :tears:

Then I vote "Pack" over "Play"

Pack and play won't be useful till she can turn over and crawl but it keeps Max away so it has its uses. However soon as she can stand she will scream bloody murder to be let out of the P&P. Enter big tank.....

Im actually placing the start of my T5 order tonight. I think a Hybrid Vega/T5 will be nice.

Sounds pretty awesome. Which t5 are you going with?

These fishneedit are... well... cheap. :lol: But they seem to get the job done. They're not built like a tank by any stretch of the imagination. But for the price, I'm not complaining at all. Formed reflector, looks nice, fanless, I've got no complaints.

Pack and play won't be useful till she can turn over and crawl but it keeps Max away so it has its uses. However soon as she can stand she will scream bloody murder to be let out of the P&P. Enter big tank.....

PnP has a sleeper/diaper changing station that I'll use for downstairs in the beginning. :D

Looking into a retrofit , but the FNI fixtures are all 50% off right now so I may just go with that . My MH from them never gave me a problem so I wouldn't be opposed to using them again .

Sounds pretty awesome. Which t5 are you going with?

These fishneedit are... well... cheap. :lol: But they seem to get the job done. They're not built like a tank by any stretch of the imagination. But for the price, I'm not complaining at all. Formed reflector, looks nice, fanless, I've got no complaints.

Looking into a retrofit , but the FNI fixtures are all 50% off right now so I may just go with that . My MH from them never gave me a problem so I wouldn't be opposed to using them again .

I don't see any reason I wouldn't go with them again. It's a nice clean look and they function quite well so far. These sit a lot lower to the rim than the LED did. Gives the whole thing a different look. I'm just happy I haven't dropped them in the water. :lol:

So, are LEDs not the 'in' thing anymore? Or, just personal preference . . .

I'll bite my tongue Ben! :)

LEDs are still "in", doesn't mean everyone is ga-ga over them. My fixture was dying and I wanted to experiment with T5s. Speaking of, new bulbs are all here so more pictures!

Same rules as before, as shot white balance/color temp, all shot with the same exposure, except as noted, so you should be able to see the relative brightness of each. What bulbs are at the bottom of the pictures.

JCm5SCkh.jpg

dUUrFjJh.jpg

gOI7Xmbh.jpg

T9deQgRh.jpg

This is what I'll be running with.

Vs8DFV4h.jpg

Archived