Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, took me a minute to figure out what that even was. She is still incredibly people shy.

That is precisely why you set up the camera with that long shutter release, shut the lights in the kitchen, wait and watch.

Deleted User 3

So Max got a bath. Now he's pouting. :D At least he smells good and doesn't have a bow.

My dog doesn't seem to smell like anything but the shampoo i use plus wet dog. Which is just as bad as her normal smell. (well not quite as bad as the smell when she has an ear infection..)

I've been thinking about it, it's glued down really well. It's actually the side where there isn't light that has been doing poorly. if it was too much light I would assume it to be the opposite.

So I had the brilliant idea to grab the old Coralife PC light from the garage and toss it over the tank to see if I could show the difference in what I mean by shadowing form LEDs. I took a few pictures to try to explain what I mean, and I think this shows it the best on a coral. LEDs (or at least my LED) are point sources of light, so you don't get good shadow filling. So the top side of most of this looks the same, but the bottom side gets much, much more light with the addition of the PCs.

Note: The LED only was color corrected to be reasonably close to the PC+LED.

LED

smvCge9h.jpg

LED+PC

Ogw7Au5h.jpg

Do you think MH are also a point source of light?

The difference between a LED and a MH, is while they both generate light at something close to a point, the MH has that huge reflector on it that makes it much more uniform.

Metro, what bulbs are you running these days on your tank? I'm being very tempted to pick up a 4 bulb fish need it and some ATI bulbs and seeing how I like them.

Edit, nvm I found it. I was looking in your thread but you posted it in mine!

Ok, so let me add another picture into the mix.

This is as shot, raw, no color corrections. And yes, the PC has shitty color, but it has some spectrum that I clearly don't have in the LEDs atm and visa versa. They're both linked, so click them and click it again and imgur they'll open full sized.

Uo2jo3Bh.jpg

XV2ZzqUh.jpg

Don't have the ATI bulbs shipped. Royal Aquatics in Flower Mound carries them (if you didn't already know)

Exotic Aquatics and fish gallery both have them in Plano as well, or at least according to ATI's website they do.

Edit: Neither of them actually carry them in the stores... but they can order them for you...

Screw it, I'm just going to buy 2 of the 2 bulb fixtures for 100$ shipped from fish need it and see how I like it. Now to pick ATI bulbs....

Ok, so Metro's layout is

ATI:

Blue plus

Purple plus

GE 6500

Blue plus

I've been browsing a bunch of T5HO threads.... Found this massive tank, and it's using fairly similar to metro's.

Front

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6500

ATI Blue Plus

KZ New Generation

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

37254ea5a5ba158b1.jpg

37254ea59a6524a54.jpg

37254ea599d9c5107.jpg

37254ea59a65bdfa5.jpg

37254ea5a3cad082b.jpg

That's a nice tank!

I use T5's on both my tanks, just bought my bulbs again from reefgeek.com 3x blue plus and 1x coral plus :)

I like a bluer color tho...I had 3x blue plus and 1x 10k and didn't like it...Coral plus and purple plus are pretty much the same. The thing is that the purple color can out shine the others and make it look like poo that is why I have 3x blue plus.

It's hard to get a nice color with just a 4 bulb combo...I use the Aquatraders T5 with the built in timer and since both my tanks are pretty shallow I have never had a problem with the single reflector :P

I also use glass tops which cuts the light a bit.

Archived